Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    :D Someone should send a link to the thread to ED, so they can see they do win when the voters know what their talking about:p:D.

BTW has anybody seen this? I stumbled on it earlier, it's brilliant! You can walk right around the whole village, really close, it's almost like being there:D

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.886912,-1.537947,3a,66.8y,155.39h,89.77t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1ssYjhOTLK1R35581M-j8xfg!2e0?hl=en

I've already checked if Cain's in the garage, no such luck:(:p

That's amazing! I've never really bothered to work out in my head where everything is.

No way would they still have a post office though, more's the pity. :cool:
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing! I've never really bothered to work out in my head where everything is.

No way would they still have a post office though, more's the pity. :cool:

Great isn't it? You can go right up to the cricket pavilion and everything:cool:

I think the post office stopped being used when Viv popped her clogs, but I assumed the actual building was still there and viewable on screen! Perhaps it's not?:confused:

I'm also trying to work out what the building is directly in front of the garage. I thought it was the vicarage given its so close to the church, but the doors don't really look like house doors. If it's not the vicarage though, which one is?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Great isn't it? You can go right up to the cricket pavilion and everything:cool:

I think the post office stopped being used when Viv popped her clogs, but I assumed the actual building was still there and viewable on screen! Perhaps it's not?:confused:

I'm also trying to work out what the building is directly in front of the garage. I thought it was the vicarage given its so close to the church, but the doors don't really look like house doors. If it's not the vicarage though, which one is?:confused:

It's brilliant! I've just spent about 20 mins wandering round it. :D

The PO building is still there, but I don't think it would still have the sign up. Not sure what's in front of the garage, I'll go and take another look.

I'm impressed the Woolie has an actual car park at the back. :D And you can go right up to some of the houses. Not sure I'd realised how tiny the little chapel/church was either - but then it's pretty small inside, so I should have known. :blush:
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is! IIRC, you can have a look at the corrie set too :)

I thought the PO building is just the Cafe now?

The building in front of the garage and next to the church, do you mean the building which is now the shop and David and Alicia's house? :confused:
    Forum Member

The building in front of the garage and next to the church, do you mean the building which is now the shop and David and Alicia's house? :confused:

Yes! Of course, that's what it is, thanks. The doors must have been boarded up because they were converting it into the shop. I was wondering where that damn shop had gone! But they did the googlemapping in 2010, so that would be about right.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's brilliant! I've just spent about 20 mins wandering round it. :D

The PO building is still there, but I don't think it would still have the sign up. Not sure what's in front of the garage, I'll go and take another look.

I'm impressed the Woolie has an actual car park at the back. :D And you can go right up to some of the houses. Not sure I'd realised how tiny the little chapel/church was either - but then it's pretty small inside, so I should have known. :blush:

They don't show the back of the Woolie much, but I remember the odd scene of Chas or Diane getting the deliveries in some episodes. They should start showing it a bit more again.

If I remember properly, the church used to be much bigger than it is now, infact I *think* what is the church now used to be a house, shop, or the village hall . Marlon used to have a cafe or something too, so it could also have been that.

I like the fact that you can wander out of the village itself a bit to overlook the Dingles's place. Home Farm must be further out from the main village than I thought though! I thought it was quite nearby as characters walk to the village from there:p .

I didn't know you could look at the Corrie one too, will try and find it. The Corrie set isn't as nice though IMO as its just a street, whereas the ED one looks like the sort of village you go to on holiday and makes you want to go exploring all around it:D.

Duh! *slaps self* Of course it's the shop and the house alongside! I forgot about that:p. Is the vicarage new then, as that doesn't seem to be there?

I'm sure the PO was there alongside the cafe when Viv was still around, and Bob converted it all into the cafe after the fire.

I never realised how far out Marlon's house was though! Almost like they built it on its own and out of the main part of the village so they wouldn't have to put up with him being too near:D
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 Analysis Centrals guide on what to do and what not to do and other strange things that happen on the day of a funeral

1) Don't steal the hearse with the body it may lead to comedic scenes that were old even while last of the Summer Wine Was still in Production

2) If your going to hire a Meatloaf impersonator at least make him sing his best song "i'll do anything for Love but I won't do that.

What is the That which he wouldn't do knowing Meatloaf it must have been pretty shocking.

Still he was a suprisingly good singer

3) Do have mail Sailor Strippers at least they made Kerry happy

4) Don't let strange crrepy but very keen enigmatic young men into your house it is bound to end in tears

whats the betting he is a rent boy sent by Robert to ruin Lawrence's life

5) Bernice should go for nice younger men

6 Is Andy going to have to pay the huge interest likely run up by Katie's unpaid Phone Bill, probably costs double the original figure

7) Are Fire eaters not a safety hazard at graveside

8)Victoria looked very nice but lets have her on screen more.

9) If you are running through a field of Wheat make your there is no combine harvester in the field before you sink to the ground, and is the farmer very late with Harvesting.

It was a very good episode wild and Wacky not unlike Val herself.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Analysis kwynne, except for me Meatloaf's best song is Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Possibly a little, er, 'racy' for 7pm viewing though.:o

Bernice is a gorgeous woman and looked great last night, first in green then in the blue, but I'm sure in between the green and the blue her roots had gone back to black again. Wonder if they filmed out of sequence, because she'd had them done for the funeral scenes but not for the Tractor Ball.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    2 Analysis Centrals guide on what to do and what not to do and other strange things that happen on the day of a funeral

1) Don't steal the hearse with the body it may lead to comedic scenes that were old even while last of the Summer Wine Was still in Production

2) If your going to hire a Meatloaf impersonator at least make him sing his best song "i'll do anything for Love but I won't do that.

What is the That which he wouldn't do knowing Meatloaf it must have been pretty shocking.

Still he was a suprisingly good singer

3) Do have mail Sailor Strippers at least they made Kerry happy

4) Don't let strange crrepy but very keen enigmatic young men into your house it is bound to end in tears

whats the betting he is a rent boy sent by Robert to ruin Lawrence's life

5) Bernice should go for nice younger men

6 Is Andy going to have to pay the huge interest likely run up by Katie's unpaid Phone Bill, probably costs double the original figure

7) Are Fire eaters not a safety hazard at graveside

8)Victoria looked very nice but lets have her on screen more.

9) If you are running through a field of Wheat make your there is no combine harvester in the field before you sink to the ground, and is the farmer very late with Harvesting.

It was a very good episode wild and Wacky not unlike Val herself.
    :D:D:DI know very little about farming but I thought that too- they're done and dusted with the harvesting round here:D It's minor things like that which poor ED can get caught with thanks to shooting so far before transmission:D At least we got some animals last night. I loved the Meatloaf impersonator, but surely Pearl knew he was a tribute act? That was a bit tiresome and unbelievable - Pearl's not that daft!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:DI know very little about farming but I thought that too- they're done and dusted with the harvesting round here:D It's minor things like that which poor ED can get caught with thanks to shooting so far before transmission:D At least we got some animals last night. I loved the Meatloaf impersonator, but surely Pearl knew he was a tribute act? That was a bit tiresome and unbelievable - Pearl's not that daft!
    Tbf, the whole thing was so utterly surreal, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if it had been actual Meatloaf.:D I thought the unbelievable bit was that she'd heard of Meatloaf at all, not that she didn't recognise him as a fake - specially since he sang Heaven Can Wait so beautifully. :)
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,728
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Good Analysis kwynne, except for me Meatloaf's best song is Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Possibly a little, er, 'racy' for 7pm viewing though.:o

Bernice is a gorgeous woman and looked great last night, first in green then in the blue, but I'm sure in between the green and the blue her roots had gone back to black again. Wonder if they filmed out of sequence, because she'd had them done for the funeral scenes but not for the Tractor Ball.

Good shout 'jaded - but you are right - a bit racy for 7pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf, the whole thing was so utterly surreal, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if it had been actual Meatloaf.:D I thought the unbelievable bit was that she'd heard of Meatloaf at all, not that she didn't recognise him as a fake - specially since he sang Heaven Can Wait so beautifully. :)

It Isn't the first time that Pearl has mistaken a celebrity impersonator for the real thing, it happened before.

As for farming the farmer in the field next door to my dads was harvesting his oil seed rape field just last saturday, I know I was watching him and the Greater manchester Cheshire border at Irlam isn't that far south of North Yorkshire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the first time that Pearl has mistaken a celebrity impersonator for the real thing, it happened before.

As for farming the farmer in the field next door to my dads was harvesting his oil seed rape field just last saturday, I know I was watching him and the Greater manchester Cheshire border at Irlam isn't that far south of North Yorkshire.
    Yes but it wasn't a rape seed field Eric was running through. Not sure what it was, maybe wheat?

Good morning btw. :)
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,728
    Forum Member
    Its the first time that Pearl has mistaken a celebrity impersonator for the real thing, it happened before.

They were showing a farmer live this morning on BBC News (they are doing a week of farming slots) and he was harvesting, so it's still going on....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but it wasn't a rape seed field Eric was running through. Not sure what it was, maybe wheat?

Good morning btw. :)

Morning Oldnjaded.

When the yellow flowers of the oil seed rape die off the field then looks exactly like a wheat field.

And the above post should and does now have said the this isn't the first time that Pearl has mistaken a Celebrity impersonatr for the real thin, how I managed to miss the word isn't is anybodys guess heh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... least effective "intervention" ever goes to...

What a waste of 25 minutes last nights episode was... again! *rolleyes*

Not to mention the
    The impending departure for "Portugal" of Aleeessshaaa . WTF kind of a person would junk their marriage because their spouse wanted to stay and support hs grieving father?

Not to mention the completely random stitching up of gayNotgay (although I'm guessing Robert has had a hand in that because its such an obvious way to go that they're bound to follow it.)

I'm pleased to report that I missed the "Valtacular" and for that I'm truly grateful based upon what I've heard.

I bloody hate myself for giving ED yet another chance only for it to slap me in the face again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're nowhere near done with harvesting round here. There's still acres and acres of crop to be harvested
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    ... least effective "intervention" ever goes to...

What a waste of 25 minutes last nights episode was... again! *rolleyes*

Not to mention the
    The impending departure for "Portugal" of Aleeessshaaa . WTF kind of a person would junk their marriage because their spouse wanted to stay and support hs grieving father?

Not to mention the completely random stitching up of gayNotgay (although I'm guessing Robert has had a hand in that because its such an obvious way to go that they're bound to follow it.)

I'm pleased to report that I missed the "Valtacular" and for that I'm truly grateful based upon what I've heard.

I bloody hate myself for giving ED yet another chance only for it to slap me in the face again!

Thats not the reason Alicia wants to leave though is it? she has bad memories of being sexually abused so wants to be as far away from the village she now hates as possible.

A bigger matter is all the stick Debbie gets over her children, well Alicia seems to have forgotten she left Jayyyyycccuuuubbb behind in Portugal apparantly totally alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats not the reason Alicia wants to leave though is it? she has bad memories of being sexually abused so wants to be as far away from the village she now hates as possible.

A bigger matter is all the stick Debbie gets over her children, well Alicia seems to have forgotten she left Jayyyyycccuuuubbb behind in Portugal apparantly totally alone.

That's fine... go back to Portugal but she shouldn't junk her marriage because he wants to stay and help his father its yet another poorly executed story line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    That's fine... go back to Portugal but she shouldn't junk her marriage because he wants to stay and help his father its yet another poorly executed story line.

It hasn't even happened yet so how do you know its going to be poorly executed? they may suprise you, unlikely I know but still:D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't even happened yet so how do you know its going to be poorly executed? they may suprise you, unlikely I know but still:D:p

Kwynne mate... I am rolling my eyes at you.... ;-)
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember how Nessa snogged Rhona on August Bank Holiday 2013 and Kirin on August Bank Holiday 2014. As I haven't watched ED for the last 3 weeks, I do not know whether she snogged anyone this August Bank Holiday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis Of Emmerdale Characters

1) Lawrence - turned into a sniveeling wreck at the thought of going back to prison - shockingly bad crying acting.

2) Robert magically appears the moment that Lawrence is in trouble he is not at all responsible for hiring the boy that accused him is he, not

3) The Police were wetting themselves at the thought of Arresting Lawrence for sex crimes.

4) Bernice of the bad roots certainly didn't stick around did she.

5) Eric is being very annoying blaming literally everyone else but himself for Vals death

6) Paul has gone back to Portugal probably to find poor abandoned Jaycuubbb has had a beach party in his bar and wrecked it.

7) Alica seems to considering being on the next plane to be far away from the village she now hates.

8) David is a moron, I know I have said it before but is even more so now.

9) Sarah went Horseriding seemed unnaturably happy the went for a wee, the first person to ever use the woolpack toilets for their proper use since Amos retired.

10) Aaron claimed he and jackson had once been happy, When was this because I must have missed the single second this occured.

110 Andy fell off a horse probaly not for the first time either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of the Malt Shovel

The big even thiis week was the Valtacular otherwise known as the Amazingly tacky funeral of Val Pollard who was laid to rest amid fire eaters and sailing Strippers pallbearers and a plague of White doves which disrupted a grouse shooting hunt on National Park land Amid the Chaos the bereaved husband stole the hearse with Val in it and did not return for the church service anfter it was brought back, nobody in the village will forget that funeral in a hurry.

Ross Barton returned to the village this week after being reported dead by his worried mother, he had been in a Coma for 2 weeks follwing a severe beating which Village Gossip claims to be don by his brother Pete following the revelation Ross ahd been having an affair with Pete's new wife

farmer Brown reported a red faced man lying down in a field on his land in front of his Combine Harvester, he asked us to remind everyone to be careful on working farms, farm machinery is dangerous.

Sue McNevis 17 drowned in the Emmer Beck this week after swiimming folling how weather many thoughts to her poor family.

Farmer Giles Llama herd stampeded when a dog attacked them they broke down a fence and newarly made it all the way to Robblesfield before they were rounded up, A cyclist was seriously injured after being knocked of his bike by the hred, he is stable in hospital with a broken back and head injuries.

the Local wildcat kiiled 3 sheep and a 6 month old Llama on Farmer Browns Land this week
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press office spoilers w/c 14th:
    7290 Monday 14 September 7pm – 7.30pm

Ross hides his plan from Emma
    Vanessa struggles to cope
    Pollard’s angry with Leyla

7291/92 Tuesday 15 September 7pm – 8pm

Ross moves in for the kill
    Adam arranges an emergency baptism for Johnny
    Emma’s livid when Debbie insults her