Options

The Last CD Single That You Purchased!!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    James Arthur - Impossible

I don't like the song but I have all the other winner singles so there's no point runining a collection of 10 years just because your favorate didn't win :D

That's very reasonable of you
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Justice Collective - He ain't heavy, He's my brother.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really no idea. In terms of a contemporary release, it might even have been as far back as Madonna's 'American Life', although I probably picked up a few second-hand/'50p bin' older ones after that. We're moving soon and I've got a wardrobe with a huge stack of CD singles in that I really need to think about sorting out, and in what way.
  • Options
    konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine it was Little Mix Cannonball
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all american rejects - gives you hell
  • Options
    chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 3 singles from nkotb's comeback album in 2008(?)

summertime, single and dirty dancing

last full album was warrior by Kesha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Genesis - Grimes
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna - "Hung Up", in late 2005. And even that was the first one I'd bought one in ages.
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    It's sad how CD singles are dying out!

I won't miss CD singles.

They were always grossly overpriced. In the mid-90s they charged £2 the week they came out (record company promo to get them into the charts), then bumped them up to £4 the following week. (That's around £6 in today's money!!!!! :eek: )

No, I don't care that they came with around two dozen "B-side" tracks- aside from the occasional gem, most of them were crap, monotonous dance remixes or completist-snaring filler spread across separate "CD1" and "CD2" versions of the single. (A blatant chart-place-boosting scam that in retrospect should have been banned).

And who wanted a separate disc for every single anyway? Even with those bland, generic slimline cases they all came in, they still took up too much space.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bangles - Something That You Said