The Ratings Thread (Part 51)

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I love how annoyed you get, it brightens my day.

Choose your cucumber...
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    That Puppet Gameshow should get off to a decent start, given that ITV are giving the whole of primetime over to a Harry Potter film that's probably been on at least 3 times already.

Saturday 10 August

BBC One

18:45 That Puppet Gameshow
    19:30 I Love My Country
    20.20 The National Lottery: Break the Safe
    21:10 Casualty
    22:00 Mrs Browns Boys

ITV

18:30 You've Been Framed
    19:00 Film: Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire
    21:50 The Americans
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    rzt, do you have a demographic comparison for the soaps out of interest?

Probably best to do 22nd July 2013 vs 23rd July 2012 so just before the Olympics. Thanks. :)
    Here's the demographics for the three main soaps for 23/7/12 and 22/7/13: http://postimg.org/image/jnlkehq83/full/

23rd July 2012: 18-49s:

EastEnders: 12.8 (46% skew)
    Coronation Street (20:30): 9.8 (34% skew)
    Coronation Street (19:30): 8.5 (31% skew)
    Emmerdale: 5.9 (28% skew)

22nd July 2013: 18-49s:

EastEnders: 11.2 (46% skew)
    Coronation Street (20:30): 10.0 (35% skew)
    Coronation Street (19:30): 9.7 (35% skew)
    Emmerdale: 6.7 (31% skew)
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So to sum up all of today's posts. Basically an argument because some people can't accept that an ITV programme might actually be liked and therefore do well. The only reason an ITV programme might rate highly is because nobody competed and all the viewers were chained to the sofa :rolleyes:
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Here's the demographics for the three main soaps for 23/7/12 and 22/7/13: http://postimg.org/image/jnlkehq83/full/

EastEnders: 12.8
    Coronation Street (20:30): 9.8
    Coronation Street (19:30): 8.5
    Emmerdale: 5.9

EastEnders: 11.2
    Coronation Street (20:30): 10.0
    Coronation Street (19:30): 9.7
    Emmerdale: 6.7

Show this pretty much proves what we no already EE attracts the younger audience.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    That Puppet Gameshow should get off to a decent start, given that ITV are giving the whole of primetime over to a Harry Potter film that's probably been on at least 3 times already.

Saturday 10 August

BBC One

ITV

Out of interest, is 'Xtra Factor Rewind' on ITV2 that night? If so, that confirms the fact that XF it starts on 17th August.

Looks like I'll be giving That Puppet Game Show a go that day - purely because ITV can't offer anything better than YBF.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does X Factor begin anyway? 3 weeks on Saturday?
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV are showing England's friendly with Scotland Wed. 14th August from 7:30. No Corrie.

Looks like Big School will premiere Fri. 16th August. It has a good cast; David Walliams, Catherine Tate and Philip Glenister.

LLF continues to perform brilliantly in the Mon. slot. Great story last night. It'll be interesting to see how high New Tricks launches tonight.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    ITV are showing England's friendly with Scotland Wed. 14th August from 7:30. No Corrie.

Corrie moves to Thursday at 8.30pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Saturday 10 August

BBC One

ITV

Looks like a good line up there by BBC. Itv the best they can offer is a HP film repeat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show this pretty much proves what we no already EE attracts the younger audience.

But the Corrie audience isn't just old pensioners like some believe.

Ouch at last night's EastEnders, and on a rainy Monday as well, unlikely to be any BBQs going on last night.

I'm really surprised that Emmerdale is still beating EastEnders, yes it's after the Gennie storyline, but the dramatic parts of that are done with, it's just character dialogue at the moment, nothing really to pull in casual viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    But the Corrie audience isn't just old pensioners like some believe.

Ouch at last night's EastEnders, and on a rainy Monday as well, unlikely to be any BBQs going on last night.

I'm really surprised that Emmerdale is still beating EastEnders, yes it's after the Gennie storyline, but the dramatic parts of that are done with, it's just character dialogue at the moment, nothing really to pull in casual viewers.

Why is it ouch? Corri didn't do as well as it normally dose either after all it was raining as you put it. The only soap that can brag at the moment is ED. And I don't agree with the bits about ED the episodes at the moment are still focusing on the aftermath of Genie. It will take a couple more episodes before things die down again.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a good line up there by BBC. Itv the best they can offer is a HP film repeat.

Bit like how the best BBC1 have offered for the past 2 Saturday is Indiana Jones film repeats.

The Puppet Show and I Love My Country ought to do well that night against a movie repeat. Hope Big School does well, it looks really good.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only a BBC fan would say that look like a good line up, anyways ITV begin their Autumn of big shows when X Factor starts mid August.

However i agree that perhaps a Harry Potter film in primetime like that is not that great, although nothing to loose for them really. I do wish they would put repeats of HHTV Burp instead of constant rpt's of YBF however well they rate. I'm sure Harry Hill would do just as well if not better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only a BBC fan would say that look like a good line up, anyways ITV begin their Autumn of big shows when X Factor starts mid August.

However i agree that perhaps a Harry Potter film in primetime like that is not that great, although nothing to loose for them really. I do wish they would put repeats of HHTV Burp instead of constant rpt's of YBF however well they rate. I'm sure Harry Hill would do just as well if not better.

Lol just because I said that looks like an ok line up it makes me a BBC fan lol ok so it's not just down to the fact that the BBC are trying something new wheres as itv.....well put it this way, the sooner the Xfactor comes back for them the better.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol just because I said that looks like an ok line up it makes me a BBC fan lol ok so it's not just down to the fact that the BBC are trying something new wheres as itv.....well put it this way, the sooner the Xfactor comes back for them the better.

What you mean like ITV trying something new ala, Splash, YFSF, and all other programmes they have had during Summer (however poor they are, excuding Splash and YFSF which are just a bit of fun)

You are a BBC fan though, you've admited it before now.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »

EastEnders: 12.8 (46% skew)
    Coronation Street (20:30): 9.8 (34% skew)
    Coronation Street (19:30): 8.5 (31% skew)
    Emmerdale: 5.9 (28% skew)

EastEnders: 11.2 (46% skew)
    Coronation Street (20:30): 10.0 (35% skew)
    Coronation Street (19:30): 9.7 (35% skew)
    Emmerdale: 6.7 (31% skew)

Fascinating stuff, thanks as always. :)

No major skew changes there worth noting, although unsurprisingly EastEnders has eradicated most in the 16-34 demographic, but still ahead of Emmerdale and Coronation Street.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Major ouch for EastEnders - it can't even beat Emmerdale on a Monday evening now, that's terrible! This new producer has come in at the right time, hopefully he can fix the crisis ASAP and viewers won't have to wait for two years for him to settle into his new role!

Long Lost Family did well last night. Also Death in Paradise didn't repeat too badly at all - I thought it was going to do worse than that, as the episode they repeated was only shown at the start of this year.

Big Brother has done really well, usually I'd expect interest in the show to tail off in the latter stages of the series but its managed to hold its audience and show some increases.
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    When does X Factor begin anyway? 3 weeks on Saturday?

It's not been confirmed yet, however 17th August is probably the most likely considering previous years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed Emmedale beating EastEnders on a Monday in any circumstance would have been unheard of at one time.
    Forum Member

I mentioned that before - however according to someone it wouldn't rate better than YBF.

Personally, I'd rather they put something like that there. They need something to give their Saturday nights a better start.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It's not been confirmed yet, however 17th August is probably the most likely considering previous years.

Sounds right. On the BB Live Feed, a house mate commented that he thought X Factor would start the day after BB finishes and there are rumours that BB finishes on the Friday 16th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you mean like ITV trying something new ala, Splash, YFSF, and all other programmes they have had during Summer (however poor they are, excuding Splash and YFSF which are just a bit of fun)

You are a BBC fan though, you've admited it before now.

Um I haven't i may have said I've preferred program's on the BBC because I do but I also watch itv where as some on here love one or the other.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    No sign of Father Figure, with Big School being paired with repeats of Mrs Brown's Boys, it has disappeared from the programme information for that week as well.

I hope both I Love My Country and That Puppet Game Show do well, they look relatively harmless like Splash and Your Face Sounds Familiar, although I imagine those who praised/criticised the latter who do the opposite for the former as we all know the shows have nothing to do with it, just the channels they're on. People say their Saturday schedule is stale but when they try new things like the puppets it gets written off before it's even aired.
This discussion has been closed.