Amazing Race Australia vs NZ

alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not quite sure of the air date in Oz, but it has an air date of 29th July in NZ on the TVNZ network - handy if you have us unblock

Comments

• bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,705
    Forum Member
    Starts Monday in Oz.

Seems like a big shake up of the format from the few clips i have seen. They need to do something like this to the US format as its been stale for 5 seasons now.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the US version, the Australian version hasn't been stale though and hasn't needed a shake up or the year lay off.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Monday in Oz.

Seems like a big shake up of the format from the few clips i have seen. They need to do something like this to the US format as its been stale for 5 seasons now.

I haven't seen any clips, but from what I've gathered, the format sounds more-or-less identical except for the "NZ vs Aus" twist. What's changed? :)
    Forum Member
    One of the clips i have seen seems to have some kind of Australia vs NZ roadblock or detour. Further to that bits i have read seem to indicate the format with have some kind of race within a race theme. Leading me to believe its not as simple as last over the line is eliminated. I wonder if they would go as far as to say that each week you have either an Oz or NZ elimination. So you could have a team finishing high up but if they are the last team from that country and it is there elimination week then they go home.

Either way IMO the Aussies do the best reality tv shows so i know this will be quality
    Forum Member
    Turns out that it starts on Oz next Monday despite the Facebook page stating this Monday all week GRRRR

I think the NZ airing is still due to be shown this week though
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NZ airdate has been moved to next week - the 5th at 8:45pm
    Forum Member
    I am guessing it was some sporting event that stopped the show airing in Oz and a contact somewhere no doubt states that it must air in Oz first hence the NZ delay.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it was very likely the finale of the reinvigorated Masterchef Australia on a rival network on Monday night that forced Seven to postpone it for a week (and therefore the NZ network after it had advertised the 29th). In past years the finale has been on a Sunday.

TARANZ will now kick off in Australia on Monday 4 August at 9.00 pm AEST with a double episode.
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone found a link for this yet?
    Forum Member
    Not yet :(
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any one finds anything could they give me a PM?
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's online now, about to watch it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels so refreshing to watch this, as the later seasons of US race aren't exciting enough.
    I actually found most teams really likeable, love the mother and son, the siblings and best friends. Oh and the parents who foster kids, they were my favourites.
    First impressions i hated the body builders and the newlyweds, they both talked up how amazing they were just to make silly mistakes on the way.

The Lord of the Rings setting was cool, thought they would do something to do with it :D

I also liked how they had departure times for the next day instead of just having them all get a clue and leave at the same time.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    It feels so refreshing to watch this, as the later seasons of US race aren't exciting enough.
    I actually found most teams really likeable, love the mother and son, the siblings and best friends. Oh and the parents who foster kids, they were my favourites.
    First impressions i hated the body builders and the newlyweds, they both talked up how amazing they were just to make silly mistakes on the way.

The Lord of the Rings setting was cool, thought they would do something to do with it :D

I also liked how they had departure times for the next day instead of just having them all get a clue and leave at the same time.

The body builders made some rookie mistakes and the fact that they had bigged themselves up made it that much funnier
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed that. Was nice to have a longer opening episode than we normally get with the US version. Think this is going to be another great season.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's everyone watching? can't find it anywhere
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dreaded the "versus" angle, but it seems to be OK so far.

Sally, she who is with the Hulk, looks a lot like my fitness instructor, except my FI is prettier. I don't like the team, they're just to cocky, without anything to justify that attitude. As we say in the Netherlands: they didn't invent the black yarn.

The double episode was great, although I missed Stahma and Irisa;-)
    Let's hope TAR takes a good look at TAROZ to bring back the excitement of days long gone. TAR has become too sanitised, too engineered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed this opening episode my faves are the best friends, intensive care nurses, the foster parents and the brother and sister team. In fact there are quite a few teams I like. Can't stand the bodybuilders. I like the fact the express passes have to be used by the end of leg 5 it means the second half of the race should be exciting hopefully.

All in all a good start, take note USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The was probably the best episode of the show since the Australian version was last on, which shows how much ahead of the recent US version and the Canadian version it is.

I didn't hate any of them, which is a reason to like it. But they didn't seem that dull either. The longer length is of course an advantage as other versions of the race have shown, if it's rushed it just takes away from the drama and you don't get to know the teams as much.

Sally is hilarious I don't know how anyone would dislike her. Her team is totally incompetent but funny nonetheless, glad they survived. I actually find them funnier right now than the Lucy/Emelia-like team. Sally saying she wanted to eat and drink as they were on their way to the last task, and climbing the siderails to avoid the mud. And she isn't dull she has the emotion you need on the race, like her squeal of delight when she saw their's wasn't the last clue in the box.
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up, the TVNZ stream kept stopping every 5 mins!

Only one or 2 teams I don't like, looking forward to the rest of it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 2, longer episodes are great.

The spider eating task was so disgusting, how they kept showing the alive ones :( Can't believe they had to eat 7 too!! They always do good eating challenges on TAR AUS :D The guys just scoffing them down though, wow!

I can't believe they used there express pass already, all the teams were still there so it seemed silly to use it. The fact there was a 'trick monk' made that task all that harder, I feel like if it was TAR USA there would of only been one monk :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish there wasn't a second express pass again, a bit pointless. I think the cast is pretty good, not as amazing as the second series but ok. The challenges seem ok.

The only one who annoys me is Jarrod, he's a bit loud. I wish the penultimate team had been eliminated, going on about how they are examples for their children has just been done to death on this show, the US version has a team saying that every season. If that's their 'story' then they are pretty boring. I was surprised at the eliminated team going, it looked like the edit was trying to build them up to be the baddies (only in an Australian sense, so not annoying hateful like it could be on the US version).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Not much to say on this episode thought the 'dummy' monk was a good idea but can't believe that they used the express pass already .
    And they didn't get first place what a waste!

Still loving the intensive care nurses and thought the best friends were hilarious at the spider eating challenge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got any YouTube links etc to watch it? I really want to see it!! Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on bittorrent, just use a proxy website for one if you cant access it.