Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2014 Grand Final (6.30pm & 8.50pm) - Discussion Thread

1777879808183»

Comments

• Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Hi, had relatives over so I couldn't post on here, I was enjoying it with them. But I loved tonight's show, I was thoroughly entertained throughout. Glad Caroline won, see you for the Christmas special at 5pm, Christmas Day on BBC ONE! :)

Not that I couldn't post on here but I thought it would be more polite to just relax watching it with them rather than typing what I thought on my iPad. :p
  • Options
    jennywxyjennywxy Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    MayD wrote: »
    Just pressed the Red Button and got MDF doing the complete beginner and his Nan in the first 30 secs. Give it a bloody rest ^_^

|Sorry to be so dumb, who is MDF?
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jennywxy wrote: »
    |Sorry to be so dumb, who is MDF?

Wright. Wooden and fake like medium density fibreboard. Or Mark does fake. Take your pick :)
  • Options
    jennywxyjennywxy Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    MayD wrote: »
    Wright. Wooden and fake like medium density fibreboard. Or Mark does fake. Take your pick :)

Yes I see, I got confused as I always thought of Judy as MDF as she was as stiff as a board :)
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been said that because Frankie and Kevin were interviewed first after the result was announced that they were 3rd place, followed by Simon. Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxyred wrote: »
    It has been said that because Frankie and Kevin were interviewed first after the result was announced that they were 3rd place, followed by Simon. Does anyone know if this is correct?

No one knows.

It makes as much sense to say Frankie and Kevin were interviewed first as they came second to the winners.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched the first part of the final.

Mark's dancing and Karen's choreography were clearly lower than the others. The CCC was only slightly better than in week 1.

Frankie's Samba was better, but the music still wasn't suitable. That may have contributed a lot to the choreography looking a bit scrambled together.

Caroline's CCC looked OK but not great. Again the music wasn't ideal and the choreography wasn't anything special.

Simon's Charleston was good before and still good.

It did seem an odd mix for the judges to select for the final.

The show dances were nothing special, but I think Caroline's was slightly the best.

Mark was clearly the one to be eliminated.

I like Frankie's dancing as it is clean and she does seem to have better technique.

Caroline is the one who expresses the most through her dancing. She looks like she is enjoying herself most of the time, but looked a bit less free in the final.

Simon has improved the most and Kristina has done a good job over many years with a variety of celebs, so I wouldn't have minded them winning.

This was Pasha's first really good chance to win and he did. Caroline started off as one of the 3 front runners this series, but I like watching her dance more than Pixie or Frankie because she seems to dance like she loves it so I'm happy for her to win.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    For 2015 Strictly, please ditch the utterly embarrassing judge intro.

I say this every time I read this thread but it only takes up 20 seconds so its not as if they are depriving anybody else valuable time is it.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, the judges comments to Simon after the AT were so nice!