Options

How To Get Away With Murder (UK pace)

Comments

• Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Wes is played by Alfred Enoch, the son of William Russell (Ian from Doctor Who).

As a huge classic Doctor Who fan it made me happy when I discovered this. I think Alfred is doing a good job considering he is leading the show along with Viola.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connor is so hot man
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Connor is hot and well, probably one of the most interesting characters on the show along with Michaela and Annalise.

Wes is lovely, maybe too nice for his own good but hard not to like though.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Anyone see this show getting moved to ITV or channels of that ilk? Not sure what the ratings are for Universal Channel.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone see this show getting moved to ITV or channels of that ilk? Not sure what the ratings are for Universal Channel.

No. They wouldn't pay the money for it. And Universal won't give it up as it's a ratings success like some of their other shows like Sleepy Hollow and Bates Motel.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connor is hot and well, probably one of the most interesting characters on the show along with Michaela and Annalise.

Wes is lovely, maybe too nice for his own good but hard not to like though.

Actually, the problem I'm having with this show is that none of characters are likeable. Viola Davis is great to watch but I don't care about any of the rest of them.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. They wouldn't pay the money for it. And Universal won't give it up as it's a ratings success like some of their other shows like Sleepy Hollow and Bates Motel.

A little early to call it a ratings success when we haven't seen any ratings for it yet, the first episodes officials should be out tomorrow.

I liked the first episode although the jumping back and forth was a little jaring at times, although its never bothered me in Scandal/OUAT.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its obvious they want us to support Wes but I don't find him very interesting. I'm more interested in the lovely Michaela and Conor who is the biggest wind up and ass but it's difficult to dislike him.
  • Options
    Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this until the final scene where you see that it's the Lawyers husband in the rug... I'm really hoping that the whole crux of it isn't as obvious as that seemed... Especially when watched along with the trailers for the series that followed the first episode... That she's basically going to show us 'how to get away with murder' by getting away with murdering her husband and framing the students for it by implicating them all along the way...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It'll probably do fine for Universal. Don't see any channel nicking it off them, though I'm surprised SkyLiving didn't grab it as they have both Grey's Anatomy and Scandal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read the overnight ratings somewhere online for last weeks episode but can't seem to find them now.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, was wondering how it rated in the UK. It's very strong in the US. It is the strongest freshman show ratings wise in the US across all the channels I think. Last week it held 100% of Scandal's demo of 3.0, and got 10.0m.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greys anatomy and scandal are awesome shows as was greys anatomy spin-off private practice. Really enjoy this too,very intriguing ending

Yeh i was hooked on all three, really sad though she stopped Private Practice.

Not sure about this yet though, it seems ok......I loved the ending her hubby all wrapped up. I think the students were covering for her personally.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A case solved every 42 minutes.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The back and forth is a bit annoying but you can see why they're doing it with releasing a bit more info on different characters being involved each time.

The only thing is that we really didn't find out more about the students in this episode.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The official rating for the premier was 323k inc +1 (source DMN), for comparison Sleepy Hollow got 445k beforehand at 9pm and SVU/Bates Motel are usually in similar ballparks around 250-300k ish. HTGAWM should be number 2 for the week for Universal.

While its an OK premier i expected better with all the promotion they have thrown at it, will be interesting to see whether any of the repeats did well as Sleepy Hollow usually adds quite a few across the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The official rating for the premier was 323k inc +1 (source DMN), for comparison Sleepy Hollow got 445k beforehand at 9pm and SVU/Bates Motel are usually in similar ballparks around 250-300k ish. HTGAWM should be number 2 for the week for Universal.

While its an OK premier i expected better with all the promotion they have thrown at it, will be interesting to see whether any of the repeats did well as Sleepy Hollow usually adds quite a few across the week.

Not bad ratings for Universal. Although I'm sure they would have been much higher if it was on Sky Living or Sky One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't see any promotion for it. I downloaded it a few days after the premier after reading this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liked the second episode. Connor is my favourite character. He might not be the nicest person in the world but he's interesting to watch. Whether it's his scenes with Oliver or sniping at Michaela, he's a great character.

Wes and Rebecca seemed convenient. Not really keen on her but I am intrigued with her involvement in two different murders though.

The case of the week was actually interesting too and a bit odd as well. He killed one wife but not the other one.

Laurel and Asher don't really stand out yet but neither do Frank and Bonnie really. Hopefully that won't always be the case though.

The Annalise scenes were great between her and Sam and her and Nate. I don't think Sam killed Lila but he was definitely sleeping with her though, 8/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laurel seems like a nobody/nothing character. I realise she came up with the hunting connection but even that seemed forced.

Had to look up who Asher was as we've hardly seen any of him. He also doesn't to seem to have appeared in the flashback/forward sequences so I wonder what's happened to him.

Wes did make a comment that 'they were on there way' and not to worry as they'd be here so i'm guessing he meant somebody in the group?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Third one wasn't the best but it had it's moments.

I do think Connor is a bit too mean to Michaela at times and the past connection to her fiancee seemed a little contrived though. Still, I find him greatly fascinating to watch, character.

Asher's kind of funny in his way. He seemed a tad miffed that Connor fancied Frank more than him and Frank seemed miffed that Laurel copped off with that bloke at the bar.

Is there something going on with Bonnie and Sam?

Sam didn't kill Lila it seems. Well, that's one suspect down.

Rebecca might not have killed Lila either but I still don't like her or the way she seems to cloud Wes's judgement as well.

Great Annalise scenes in this one but the case of the week wasn't that interesting, 7/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot happened in the episode but it just bored me. I really wasn't interested in any of it. I was completely ungrip-ped.

As aposed to Legends that I watched afterwards that ended with a cliffhanger leaving me wanting to watch the next episode straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick of the flashbacks showing the same scenes over and over again. It's as if they think we've forgotten what happened last week or 20 minutes beforehand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're going to last at least until episode 9, which is when we're supposed to find out who bumped off Sam, but yeah, they weren't great this week.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sam didn't kill Lila it seems. Well, that's one suspect down.

I don't understand why you have came to that conclusion.... his albi didn't check out.