The Newsroom, 3rd and final series

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    SgtRock wrote: »
    So how do we think the series will end - with everyone married or everyone in jail?

Jail, Marry, kill off or fired competition.

Marry
    Will and Mack
    Sloane and Don
    Jim and Kendra (so much nicer than Maggie)
    Reese and himself
    Leona and Rebecca!

Jail
    Neil
    Maggie

Kill off
    Reese’s half brother and sister

Fired by the new owners
    Charlie
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had man flu for the last 2 days so I have just watched S1 and S2 back to back.

Might move onto a Studio 60 rewatch now.
  • SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like an Office reunion, with Toby and Ryan in the same episode, both pretty much playing the same characters they played in The Office!
  • GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the name of the law firm of Gage Whitney been mentioned yet?

It was in The West Wing and Studio 60 ... cant recall if it was in Sportsnight.

Also, just got round to reading this http://www.empireonline.com/westwing/ for the West Wing / Sorkin fans.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sad we are being palmed off with just 6 episodes. I know it's ending but give the viewers a full series none the less- HBO did it with Boardwalk Empire too, just 8 instead of 10 for the last.

I know it's better than a cancellation with no conclusion but it's not better than a full series!

:cool:
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sad we are being palmed off with just 6 episodes. I know it's ending but give the viewers a full series none the less- HBO did it with Boardwalk Empire too, just 8 instead of 10 for the last.

I know it's better than a cancellation with no conclusion but it's not better than a full series!

It was a creative decision, not a commissioning one.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In fairness last season was only 9 episodes.

I'm hearing that ep 4 didn't air last night in the US, what does that mean for us in the UK?
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness last season was only 9 episodes.

I'm hearing that ep 4 didn't air last night in the US, what does that mean for us in the UK?
    It did air. Are you maybe thinking of Homeland, which was on a one-week hiatus last night?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did air. Are you maybe thinking of Homeland, which was on a one-week hiatus last night?

No someone on my Twitter feed got confused but then it was cleared up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're really packing as much as they can into the final series, it's blink and you'll miss it in parts!
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for those who couldn't hear it on Sky Atlantic tonight!

Luckily I have access to HBO Go, but such a fantastic episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it a nationwide issue with Atlantic then? I wondered if it was just our TV.

Never been more grateful for subtitles.

The romantic in me shed a tear or two during the wedding.
  • SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're really packing as much as they can into the final series, it's blink and you'll miss it in parts!

Yeah, I really had trouble following the dialogue in the early parts of the episode as it was going by so fast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incidentally if I ever get married I'd love someone to organise my wedding that quickly!
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think the final season have been phenomenal so far.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with you more, it's been exciting, tense, funny, a real mix and so packed full of plot, I'm enjoying it so very much.

I don't think anybody's watched last night's episode yet so I'll say it in a spoiler
    Finally, Jim and Maggie, it's about bloody time!

Such a shame about Charlie, doesn't bode well for the rest of them, they have nobody senior on their side now.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ maybe the final ep
    will see them all, one-by-one, met a similarly tragic end. :o
  • BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    AV Club's review (with spoilers, so tread wisely) that says "the episode is one of the worst episodes of television in recent memory."
    http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/newsroom-oh-shenandoah-212709

Sorry that I keep banging on about how frustrating this show is. I promise, I'll stop now. It's getting boring. I absolutely hated this week's.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigPat wrote: »
    AV Club's review (with spoilers, so tread wisely) that says "the episode is one of the worst episodes of television in recent memory."
    http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/newsroom-oh-shenandoah-212709

Sorry that I keep banging on about how frustrating this show is. I promise, I'll stop now. It's getting boring. I absolutely hated this week's.
    What did you hate about it?
  • BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    What did you hate about it?

The same thing I hate every week. As a news show, it can be absolutely brilliant (and that's why I've watched every episode), but every time it goes into cutesy it becomes, to me at least, incredibly irritating, and it's the brilliance of the first part that shows the second part up for being as shallow and sloppy as it is.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Woah, that ending...

Thankfully still one left, but the finish of the latest episode almost felt like a finale of the whole show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »

Big improvement on last season, I thought the Genoa stuff dragged on way too long.

Best part for me still remains the last 7 minutes of "I'll try to Fix You" in season 1. Brilliant TV.
  • GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not reading anymore ... shut up, shut up shut up. And all of you be damned :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    The show still has the power to surprise. Yes, season three has been more introverted, but, for me, Sorkin's stories have always been about the people anyway. This week's episode was more like an old ep of TWW and was better for it.

PS I think this was Don's finest hour.