Options

Gina wasn't lying wasn't she?

Comments

• Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    She is neither rough nor hard , actually she is a middle class girl from a well off area. She did not see the Vt herself and probably thinks its her entrance one, not the one cobbled from early auditions they actually saw..She may genuinely not recall saying it and Gina did misrepresent it, making it worse. Its no coincidence tomorrow is noms day.;)
    If she had seen the Vt and then denied it, fair enough but she has not.
    She didn't need to see it, she said it :D
    Deary me
    Do you know her personally

Double deary me :D
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those VT's are as edited as the rest of the show maybe she did not say it in the way it is being portrayed by BB and head fake Gina. Gina is also repeating her own biased perception as in Hazel said she herself was evil, when she did not actually say that.She did not specify who was evil and said stir it up not stirring the pot. Plus when was it said maybe early in the audition process and she has forgotten It would be hard to remember every word she said.

Whatever! it is a minor thing an auditionee bigging themselves up. Whats new hardly makes her a bad person.
    Every Hm says they will stir it up.
    She did lie. Hazel joked about 'the evil inside' laughing as she was saying it. Gina said that Hazel said that she herself was evil inside.

Yes, though it might have been Gina's "biased perception", as quasimoron put it, rather than a conscious, deliberate lie.

There was a similar issue after Gina's clash with Jemima. What Gina told other HMs what Jemima had said, Gina's version sounded worse than what Jemima had actually said.

It can be hard to remember exactly what someone said. People tend to remember what they thought was meant (which they then put into words that express that meaning), rather than a literal, word-for-word recording. Gina's description of what Hazel (or Jemima) said could be how Gina genuinely understood it at the time.

I'm becoming a bit less inclined to give Gina the benefit of that sort of doubt, though, because of the way she uses her version against the other HM.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Yes, though it might have been Gina's "biased perception", as quasimoron put it, rather than a conscious, deliberate lie.

There was a similar issue after Gina's clash with Jemima. What Gina told other HMs what Jemima had said, Gina's version sounded worse than what Jemima had actually said.

It can be hard to remember exactly what someone said. People tend to remember what they thought was meant (which they then put into words that express that meaning), rather than a literal, word-for-word recording. Gina's description of what Hazel (or Jemima) said could be how Gina genuinely understood it at the time.

I'm becoming a bit less inclined to give Gina the benefit of that sort of doubt, though, because of the way she uses her version against the other HM.

Yes; I've liked both Hazel and Gina until tonight but Gina was definitely trying to throw Hazel under the bus and completely misrepresented what was actually said and, more particularly, the way it was said. Hazel was laughing when she said that.
  • Options
    ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said !its the evil inside" which to me means its human nature. She did not say it was inside her. VTs are bull, just listen to Dexters.

I thought she said its the evil in me
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did lie. Hazel joked about 'the evil inside' laughing as she was saying it. Gina said that Hazel said that she herself was evil inside.

But none of the conversation about those VTs was verbatim! At least acknowledge that it was all a muddled conversation of part rememberings or it juts makes one look ridiculously biased.

And no she (gina) said it was something about being evil inside which she was shocked/ surprised about.

There is a little too much parochialism going on, and its clear to me why, so it no longer warrants my attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Gina is as fake as her hair extensions, her diary room talks seem contrived and rehearsed as well.

Yeah, she sits on her bed and practices in the mirror... All the whilst avoiding her house mates who conveniently ignore her during such times..
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    She said it like it was and the people with no spines (Wolfy and Jackie) didn't back her.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hazel was salivating at the chance to get one over on Hazel, so much that she twisted her words. What's more, Wolfy asked her not to bring it up, but she did anyway, then moaned that no one supported her.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Why does Gina give a shit though. She knows they all talk shit in their interviews to get on. I would sooooo love to see what she said in hers.

Thats if she even auditioned :rolleyes:
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ***KEL*** wrote: »
    I thought she said its the evil in me

She didn't. Nor did she say she was evil inside, as Gina thought (or at least said) she did. What Hazel said was very like this:

"My living everyday is made by stirring things up. To stir things up you've got to have something put in front of you and you add it up, you plot it, and then it goes from there. It's the evil inside."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    But none of the conversation about those VTs was verbatim! At least acknowledge that it was all a muddled conversation of part rememberings or it juts makes one look ridiculously biased.

And no she (gina) said it was something about being evil inside which she was shocked/ surprised about.

There is a little too much parochialism going on, and its clear to me why, so it no longer warrants my attention.

Oh the Irish angle works both ways - clearly. You didn't seem so blasé about it not being a verbatim conversation in another thread a short time ago when you were accusing Hazel of lying.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

I have a feeling Jackie and Wolfy didn't back Gina up because they felt intimidated by Hazel's position in the house but I'm not sure.

I think it was because they were intimidated by the confrontational aspect of it. To say something personal to someone directly like that can be quite scary even though Gina had broken the ice by going first. If you're not used to such upfront transactions the mind goes blank and it can be quite some time (it at all sometimes) before the offending memories comes back.

That's if Jackie and Wolfie are being genuine. They might well be in deliberate denial but I don't really see why.
  • Options
    PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member

True, they did not remember the exact words used in the VTs, but in the case of what Hazel said both Jackie and Wolfie stated that they did NOT hear Hazel say shit stirrer. They didn't fail to back Gina up, they actively disagreed with Gina. Jackie and Wolfie were correct by the way and Gina was wrong.

I'm not Irish and I also find it ridiculous that what Hazel said has been represented incorrectly on this forum. Hazel was laughing when she made her comments, you know...joking
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    No she wasn't lying but she was hung out to dry by the other two who watched the tapes saying " they couldn't remember" they go on about how they are being real and straight but when push comes to shove they ain't

Nail, head. Politics and tactics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pollyusa wrote: »
    True, they did not remember the exact words used in the VTs, but in the case of what Hazel said both Jackie and Wolfie stated that they did NOT hear Hazel say shit stirrer. They didn't fail to back Gina up, they actively disagreed with Gina. Jackie and Wolfie were correct by the way and Gina was wrong.

I'm not Irish and I also find it ridiculous that what Hazel said has been represented incorrectly on this forum. Hazel was laughing when she made her comments, you know...joking

Yeah, most of the fms and the three witches who watched the video all conveniently forgot that vital piece of information.
  • Options
    ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    She didn't. Nor did she say she was evil inside, as Gina thought (or at least said) she did. What Hazel said was very like this:

"My living everyday is made by stirring things up. To stir things up you've got to have something put in front of you and you add it up, you plot it, and then it goes from there. It's the evil inside."

ok im not bothered either way. I know the VTs are rubbish anyway. Hazel should of just laugh it off though. Just like the others.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes; I've liked both Hazel and Gina until tonight but Gina was definitely trying to throw Hazel under the bus and completely misrepresented what was actually said and, more particularly, the way it was said. Hazel was laughing when she said that.
    Was it a he he he kind of laugh or sort of giggly?

I have to say I was really taken a back by Hazel's reaction and her focus on Gina. But I am about to rewatch the episode so I'll listen more closely, maybe my first impression was wrong. :)
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    What got me is that Wolfie was the one who made the biggest deal about Hazels vt and herself over-egged how bad it was in their little chats, but then completely backtracked on her own opinion when it came down to bringing it up to her face.
  • Options
    VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    Yeah, most of the fms and the three witches who watched the video all conveniently forgot that vital piece of information.

Or maybe they just missed the laughing, not out of convenience but because they were in shock from watching Hazel's VT and turned to each other before they saw it.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    What got me is that Wolfie was the one who made the biggest deal about Hazels vt and herself over-egged how bad it was in their little chats, but then completely backtracked on her own opinion when it came down to bringing it up to her face.
    When it's all said and done Jackie and Wolfie come out the worst IMO. Both have great memories, way better than Gina's. Again, IMO.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    No she wasn't lying but she was hung out to dry by the other two who watched the tapes saying " they couldn't remember" they go on about how they are being real and straight but when push comes to shove they ain't

I agree - I can't remember exactly what Hazel said (it might have been about having darkness inside) but she defo said she would stir the pot and create trouble or wtte. The other two hung her out to dry. I do think from a game playing perspective it would have been better to keep their gobs shut and see how things play out - but having not agreed to do that and embarked on the whole rinsing of Callum they should have supported Gina.

Seems one rule for Jackie and her persuit of Callum and another for everyone else.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already said that all HMs lie and portray themselves in a way they will get them on the show.
    Stirring things up is a common claim, rarely delivered.

But as much as you may like it to, it does not alter that hazel not only denied it when we know she said it, but she was narked and vindictive about it.
    She's as rough and hard as they come.
    No matter how much she tries to play it otherwise

Tobe honest I thought Hazel was very calm and cool about it
    you are like Gina trying to make it a lot bigger and nastier than it actually is ,,shame on you:(
  • Options
    PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I agree - I can't remember exactly what Hazel said (it might have been about having darkness inside) but she defo said she would stir the pot and create trouble or wtte. The other two hung her out to dry. I do think from a game playing perspective it would have been better to keep their gobs shut and see how things play out - but having not agreed to do that and embarked on the whole rinsing of Callum they should have supported Gina.

Seems one rule for Jackie and her persuit of Callum and another for everyone else.

No she did not say she would stir the pot or create trouble...this is what she said

Hazel : "My living everyday is made by stirring things up. To stir things up you've got to have something put in front of you and you add it up, you plot it, and then it goes from there. (Here Hazel starts laughing) It's the evil inside."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gina was partly right, but as is often the case on BB made far too much of it. I can't see her and Wolfy lasting as best friends, because both of them seem really self-absorbed.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. This thread is asking whether Gina lied.
    She didn't.
    That's all there is to it.

Do you like Hazel so much that you don't want her flaws exposed?
    Or do you dislike Gina so much that you wish she was lying?

Well Gina was basically lying, she totally twisted Hazels words around to make her look like a liar when it was Gina who was exaggerating!

So Gina is the liar not Hazel!