Options

Madonna is looking her age ! Time to retire love ?

poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OMG I was reading an article about Madonna in Philadelphia and couldn't get over how old she looks in the pictures. :eek:

http://http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I loved Madonna back in the day, but think its time for her to hang up her corsets ! and she should stop flashing !! :o Time to retire. What do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should she retire? She wants to keep making music, let her, just because someone looks old doesn't mean they should retire.

Woman looks her age, woman gets older

Hardly shocking is it?
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    OMG I was reading an article about Madonna in Philadelphia and couldn't get over how old she looks in the pictures. :eek:

http://http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I loved Madonna back in the day, but think its time for her to hang up her corsets ! and she should stop flashing !! :o Time to retire. What do you think ?

Your link isn't working so I've put this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I liked her too about 25 years ago before the 'Sex' book. She's looking old and getting desperate with all the boob-flashing, and the pic of her in the corset makes her look as if she's serving them up on a platter. :p
  • Options
    KalmiaKalmia Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Just because she's looking older is no reason for Madonna, or anyone else, to retire.

I've never been a fan of hers but if she can still tour and make music and people are willing to see her then why should she retire until she wants to?

People get older. It happens. It'll happen to everyone, eventually.
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your link isn't working so I've put this:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I liked her too about 25 years ago before the 'Sex' book. She's looking old and getting desperate with all the boob-flashing, and the pic of her in the corset makes her look as if she's serving them up on a platter. :p

Thanks :) for posting link. She should retire not just because she is looking haggered and waxed, but also because she is past her sell buy date ! Any Madonna fans feel free to go mad with me. However that is my view and i am sticking by it !
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why she keeps getting all that surgery.

She doesn't want to retire, let the woman be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should she retire??
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) for posting link. She should retire not just because she is looking haggered and waxed, but also because she is past her sell buy date ! Any Madonna fans feel free to go mad with me. However that is my view and i am sticking by it !

I'm not a fan but I do I think if she was past her sell by date the public wouldn't want to see her, so I've no doubt she'll go on as long as she feels she can, or if ticket sales drop, until the public don't want her any more.

She doesn't have to flash her boobs though. Whether she's trying to show the audience she's still 'got it' or if she's trying to make some kind of political point, it still looks desperate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She should retire you mean..... because you say so.

The fact millions of folk enjoy her offerings and the fact that she has grossed a mutli million dollar tour means she is certainly not past her sell by date.

The fact is because you do not like her anymore, you think hundreds of thousands of other people should not be allowed to enjoy her...........nice.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it the women performers that are expected to retire? Nobody calls on the Stones, Clapton, McCartney, Springsteen, Duran Duran who are all 50+ (in some cases 60 and 70+!) to get out of the game.
  • Options
    bumbarbumbar Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    No need to retire,just tone it down a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Why is it the women performers that are expected to retire? Nobody calls on the Stones, Clapton, McCartney, Springsteen, Duran Duran who are all 50+ (in some cases 60 and 70+!) to get out of the game.

Exactly
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should retire you mean..... because you say so.

The fact millions of folk enjoy her offerings and the fact that she has grossed a mutli million dollar tour means she is certainly not past her sell by date.

The fact is because you do not like her anymore, you think hundreds of thousands of other people should not be allowed to enjoy her...........nice.

exactly and the op seems to be openly inviting conflict from madonna fans. its just their opinion, for all that is worth.:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dare she be 54!
  • Options
    Tracey.lTracey.l Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    No one thinks women performers should retire at any age or ever will. Sad thing about Madonna is should would of probably looked a lot better had she aged naturally.

She would of still had natural sex appeal well into her 50's, but instead she looks awful. I can only speak for myself of course but I though her flashing her tit was horrid, not due to her age I mean I would love Cindy crawford to flash her tits any day. But because she just looks awful, not sexy at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    isn't the woman in the middle of a world tour? I would imagine anyone would look a bit tired after undertaking such a task.
  • Options
    Tracey.lTracey.l Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    This is why she keeps getting all that surgery.

She doesn't want to retire, let the woman be.

So all female performers should have surgery to continue their careers? Really?

ShE should of aged naturally and proved to the world women of a certain age are beautiful without surgery.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    She's a vain horrible selfish bitch. BUT she shouldn't retire just because of her age.

If the OP has twitter i'd love to see them pose this question to Cher (who is older)
    I'd doubt the response would be nice. :p
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they'll drop to the floor if she takes that corset off :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey.l wrote: »
    So all female performers should have surgery to continue their careers? Really?

ShE should of aged naturally and proved to the world women of a certain age are beautiful without surgery.

She did not want to though, it was her body and her choice. She has not harmed anyone.

Some women want it, some do not. Niether is right or wrong. We only live once!
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no Madonna fan, but most of those comments left under that Sun article are downright nasty! It's really sad that people seem to take great pleasure from being mean and horrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My God it's enough to put you off your dinner:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's capable of making good pop music, no-one says her male peers should retire and most of them are looking more care-worn than she is.

The only thing I wish she would do is stop pretending to be young. Jumping around in a cheerleading costume over the age of 50 will look silly on anyone. Embracing her age would be more cool than still trying to identify with gay NY trendsetting clubbers.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna was fantastic... Personally I think it a shame she is continuing as she is now...it's like all her past work will be forgotten...Like the old saying die young stay pretty....She is is danger of losing her iconic status...Should have hung them up around 10 years ago.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can be as old as she wants to be. Who is anyone to tell her that she should retire?
    If she enjoys what she'd doing and still pleases some people then I don't see how it's any business of somebody else to say what she should or shouldn't do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can be as old as she wants to be. Who is anyone to tell her that she should retire?
    If she enjoys what she'd doing and still pleases some people then I don't see how it's any business of somebody else to say what she should or shouldn't do.

So true.

I wish I looked that good now, let alone at 53!!!

There is not an ounce of flab on her.:(