Candy Crush addiction - ( and other app addictions)

Comments

• netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynn1503 wrote: »
    Candy crush and song pop are my addictions :o

I love songpop until someone sends me today's hits or Glee and then I just want to weep!
  • lubo 25lubo 25 Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been stuck on level 182 for a few weeks now, you got bombs & have to get 30,000 points in under 2 minutes. It really boils my pi$$, but is so damn addictive. :D

According to mine it only goes up to level 156 :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Sheer determination and lots of concentration I think! Now have no idea how to pass 137.:(

Eta..to create wrapped candies you need to get 5 or more candies in a T or L shape

I have done a few levels by swapping a colour bomb(the brown one with dots) with a striped candy. it turns all the candies that are the same colour as the striped candy into striped candies and clears most of the jelly(if that's what kind of level you are on).
    Also, if you swap 2 colour bombs, it clears every single candy on the screen(also good for jelly levels).

Still stuck on 147...:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wee tip, if you run out of lives go to settings, move date or time forward, go to game then go back and put time or date back to normal, this gives you full life's again, you can do this as much as you like ;)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could someone tell me if these apps automatically send requests to friends or does the person actually do it deliberately. I keep getting requests and wondered if I'm offending anyone by ignoring them.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lubo 25 wrote: »
    Wee tip, if you run out of lives go to settings, move date or time forward, go to game then go back and put time or date back to normal, this gives you full life's again, you can do this as much as you like ;)

tried that, doesn't work
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tried that, doesn't work

Works for me, I'm on an iPad
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love songpop until someone sends me today's hits or Glee and then I just want to weep!

I have someone who almost sends me nothing but pro wrestling. :confused:
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    The only apps I play on my phone or tablet are stuff like the coin push games, although Coins v Aliens is fun. Even when I do, it's either because I've found myself with time to kill or I'm traveling.

My gaming addiction is World of Warcraft and I even have it on my laptop that I take to work for any breaks I have (daily quests can usually take about 10 minutes or so). The problem with WoW is it's too easy to get sucked into it and a quick run to do the daily quests can easily spiral out of control the moment you see someone has something cool, look up the item on Wowhead and then realise you can get it through doing a quest chain. That quick run can turn into a couple of hours (especially the one I did the other week to get a flying mount which meant I had to collect scrolls from all over the continent). 20 minutes to write a macro to put the way points in, and then another couple of hours collecting the damn things.

One of my friends is a lecturer at a university and he said he was losing an average of 3 students a term due to their WoW addiction. Yes, I'll admit I have a WoW addiction, but at least I can knock it on the head when I need to get some sleep or do something else.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on a roll tonight..139 now! Think this thread made me more determined...haha

Need someone to send me a life now.:D
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harjam wrote: »
    I'm a busy mum of two who works full time with a hectic social life so why oh why and I'm sitting up half the night playing frigging Candy Crush!!!

I've never been one to get into app games but this is addictive!

Anyone lose struggling with an online/app game obsession?

Fortunately I've never heard of it and it doesn't sound like something I'd have in my house.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently playing this, Pyramid Solitaire and the various Bubble games trying to beat some friends
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Julzei wrote: »
    I have someone who almost sends me nothing but pro wrestling. :confused:

that awkward moment when that could be me :o
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am addicted to world at arms at the mo.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Well I am addicted to this now thanks to this thread! Just 1 question been playing both on facebook on laptop and on app on phone on my phone i am on level 21 but on fb just done level 20 and am having to wait for people to send me tickets- my fb friends scores are showing on my phone so it is linked.
  • jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell me about it....I can't stop playing the flaming game every evening after work....grr :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm stuck on level 70 :-(
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Well I am addicted to this now thanks to this thread! Just 1 question been playing both on facebook on laptop and on app on phone on my phone i am on level 21 but on fb just done level 20 and am having to wait for people to send me tickets- my fb friends scores are showing on my phone so it is linked.

I passed 140 tonight and my Facebook is quiet..I need one more person to help me unlock the next episode:cry:

Think some of us addicts should add one another on FB!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on Level 23 and have been for weeks. :o
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have completed Lemonade Lake.
  • whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I passed 140 tonight and my Facebook is quiet..I need one more person to help me unlock the next episode:cry:

Think some of us addicts should add one another on FB!:D

Oooh, well done. I feel terrible that you've got 147 ahead of you. They've done it just to wind us all up, I'm sure of it! :eek:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just made 154 and it looks a right bugger
  • harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Yay!!! 135 done! Get in there. Taken me over a week! Happy big time :)
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else getting those ads now and again between games? they're so annoying
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    My hubb bought me a kindle fire for my christmas and somebody told me about coin dozer.
    I downloaded it and played it soooooo much the first time, i had first time playing addiction and couldnt put it down....i played non stop till i heard frantic knocking on the front door and my son yelling maaaaaa through the letterbox.
    The house was in total darkness and he thought i had died.
    He got a massive fright.
    I just became so obsessed with waiting for the 30 seconds to pass so i could get another coin that i didnt bother turning the lamps on in the house.
    Sad...yes..but it was just after christmas and i was obsessed with both my kindle and coin dozer.