Options

Ali and Sue need to come back to EE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it me or has the cafe in Albert Square been a real bore fest since Ali and Sue left the show all those years ago?

They were a great couple and had great storyline's with the cot death and Ali gambling problems and these day's we get Ian who is running most of the places in Albert Square.

Be great to have these two make a come back and buy the cafe again.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to remind those younger viewers when EE was quality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbKQNSVRt5c
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue and Ali were a brilliant down-to-earth, salt of the earth couple. Played by two very capable performers. Something EE is lacking - so yes, I think Sue and Ali would slot back in very nicely :)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue lost her mind and was put in a mental institution by Ali before he left the country with their son. I don't see how they ever would have come back from that. While it would be interesting to find out what happened to Sue I don't see a return for either character happening. Sandy Ratcliff's personal life put an end to her acting career as I recall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive shame about the Sue actress if she did suffer after leaving the show!

Watching these old clips does make you realize how good the show was once with storyline's and characters.

Give me Sue and Ali any day than the god damn awful people like Tamwar, Dexter and Fatboy who win awards for just turning up on a set sigh!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE cannot create the good old days because the good old days have gone. The likes of Dexter and fatboy are unfortunately reflect modern society which is why its gone down hill!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    EE cannot create the good old days because the good old days have gone. The likes of Dexter and fatboy are unfortunately reflect modern society which is why its gone down hill!

Agree with that sentiment!

EE use to be cutting edge and the acting to match but people like Dexter and Fatboy are more like pantomime characters with the acting skills of a novice!

The likes of Wendy Richards and Leslie Grantham are long gone now and a credit to them as they have never been replaced like Sue and Ali!
  • Options
    CarterFamilyFanCarterFamilyFan Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    There should be more original characters but not Sue and Alli. People who were more iconic and have links to people who are still in the show namely Phil, Ian, Dot, Sharon etc.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    cynet wrote: »
    Agree with that sentiment!

EE use to be cutting edge and the acting to match but people like Dexter and Fatboy are more like pantomime characters with the acting skills of a novice!

The likes of Wendy Richards and Leslie Grantham are long gone now and a credit to them as they have never been replaced like Sue and Ali!

I think the poster meant that it shows how society is going downhill because characters like Dexter and Fatboy are representing modern times but they're awful, not just that they're awful characters. You have understood this so apologies.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Rose tinted specs there. They made no attempt at performing cpr or calling 999, the couple grabbed the baby and ran around the square like mad, it was like "get den watts he'll know what to do"
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While you are at it, why not Mary the punk and Lofty.