Options

Homechoice email addreses randomly deleted!!

NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm seriously not happy. Have been a homechoice/tiscali/talk talk (whatever!) customer since 2002. When tiscali took homechoice over they said we will be able to keep our homechoice email addresses functional, and they have been accessible through the tiscali webmail feature since.

When talk talk took over they said everything would be "unchanged"

Now over the last two days I'm completely unable to check my homechoice email address. The site just goes into a server error.

Contacted support this morning and they say, "sorry the addresses have been deleted, you should have been told"

How ridiculous, if you are going to delete a service you need to tell the customers. I haven't heard a sausage about this. No letter in post, not email to email address in question, or to the tiscali account address, or even a mention on their website.

So, is the service actually no more, or did the support member on the phone not know what he was talking about and the service is just temporarily down.

Anybody know? anybodies homechoice addresses still working?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    my hc email seems okay so far - hope so as this is the only e-mail account I use!

Edit: just tried using webmail & I had same problem - mail coming through okay with outlook & windows live mail.
  • Options
    joshua321joshua321 Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also unable to use webmail. And now I'm also having problems sending outgoing mail with outlook express on my @homechoice.co.uk email address. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have raised this issue on the tiscali forums and have been advised to report the issue to forumsupport@uk.tiscali.co.uk
    which I have done.

So we shall see what happens...
  • Options
    joshua321joshua321 Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I raised the webmail issue in the tiscali forums

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215

and it has now been fixed (for me at least), thanks to MK-Caroline. :)
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks joshua, mine is working fine now too!!