Tiscali to TalkTalk

ashjfashjf Posts: 1,096
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now Tiscali TV is being branded TalkTalk, Does this mean that we can all get the TV section now as instead of getting "you are not in a Tiscali TV area" should we now be able to get it as TalkTalk use a BT line.

Comments

• hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that TV will only be for those on LLU enabled exchanges and Talktalk have more enabled exchanges than Tiscali with about 1700. So presume there will still be many who will not be able to get the TV service.
    Notice on http://www.talktalk.co.uk/tv/buy-talktalk-tv/ you are asked to log in or call to upgrade to TV!

For new customers there are 2 "bundles", TV, broadband and weekend calls for £15.22 plus £11.25 line rental per month with£30 install and £50 for the PVR! Or with unlimited calls for £4 pm extra!

But nothing yet in the way of TV for ex AOL custmers (who are now on the Talk Talk network)!
  • ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this advances the debate any further but it might be of interest..

http://bit.ly/83jU0X

D.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talktalk TV is only available to customers on the Tiscali network for now as the two networks are seperate from each other for now. Talktalk are going to launch a TV service eventually but we do not have an exact date available yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    It don't look good,I put my phone no and postcode into their checker and "Talktalk TV is not available in my area"which is a shock because I have got it already.
    Forum Member
    The new colour scheme's quite, er, vivid isn't it?

Also noticed that the Tiscali...sorry..Talk Talk Plus recordings are now grouped into series where applicable.

There's probably more stuff in there but I've not really had a chance to play properly yet, still adjusting to the radical hue change..:D

D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ethel wrote: »

Also noticed that the Tiscali...sorry..Talk Talk Plus recordings are now grouped into series where applicable.

There's probably more stuff in there but I've not really had a chance to play properly yet, still adjusting to the radical hue change..:D

D.

I am looking forward to see how talktalk tv actually performs once fully up and running.
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to see how talktalk tv actually performs once fully up and running.

If it's anything like the Tiscali service it should be fine - hopefully more people will get to experience it once the two networks have been successfully merged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's anything like the Tiscali service it should be fine - hopefully more people will get to experience it once the two networks have been successfully merged.

I wanted Tiscali TV but it has never been in my area even though i live within 1/4 mile of the LLU enabled exchange.
  • Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mods need to change name of forum.
  • unhappybunnyunhappybunny Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I think this shows how much effort has been put into changing the website for the re-brand from Tiscali to talktalk:

"Can I get any Sky channels?
    Absolutely. With TalkTalk TV you can also choose to sign up to Sky Sports and Movies. Plus Setanta sports is also available."

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/products/tvextra/frequently-asked-questions.html
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tee-hee, my thoughts too :p I'll get used to it.
    Talk Talk Plus recordings are now grouped into series where applicable.
    I reckon that's a development that would have happened without the take-over, and it's a minor improvement, IMO - not so much scrolling.
    There's probably more stuff in there but I've not really had a chance to play properly yet
    Me too, but I don't think there's much else new - do post here if you find something interesting, cos I can be a bit slow ;)

parthena
    Forum Member
    parthena wrote: »
    do post here if you find something interesting, cos I can be a bit slow ;)

parthena

I think we may be waiting a while then as I can probably rival you for slowness..:D

If I find anything pretty I shall of course report back & hope that anyone else with TTTV will do the same.

(Just realised, typing "TTTV" there is the first time I've done that in years as in another life I used to have to regularly type the truncated names of ITV stations as part of my job and TTTV was of course the late, lamented Tyne Tees..

God, I feel old..:cry:

D.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got out my Windows7 laptop with no Outlook Express, so I've just logged onto webmail for the first time in a while - TalkTalk took me by surprise, and it's a bit cleaner-looking than dear old Tiscali :cry:

If you want to feel really old, how about I call you "Eth"? :p You can call me "Ron" to return the insult.

parthena
    Forum Member
    parthena wrote: »
    I've got out my Windows7 laptop with no Outlook Express, so I've just logged onto webmail for the first time in a while - TalkTalk took me by surprise, and it's a bit cleaner-looking than dear old Tiscali :cry:

If you want to feel really old, how about I call you "Eth"? :p You can call me "Ron" to return the insult.

parthena

Go on then, Ron..;)

I think I'm missing the Tiscali name a bit - I'd got quite addicted to the slightly trancey, droney interstitial music that used to loop on the menu screen on the T+ box..

:o

Wonder if they'll send out a load of TalkTalk stickers with which to cover up any old branding a la On Digital/ITV Digital..(?!):cool:

Eth..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    if you go to channel 999 guys and then go to HD Information is should give you a test. i have tried to see talk talk in HD however it always says an error message along the lines of "Hd content not availiable" can you guys try it to make sure that this is not just my box playing up
    Forum Member
    afrocan wrote: »
    if you go to channel 999 guys and then go to HD Information is should give you a test. i have tried to see talk talk in HD however it always says an error message along the lines of "Hd content not availiable" can you guys try it to make sure that this is not just my box playing up

Hiya, yes, I've seen this one too but unfortuantely, because I'm still in the Stone Age, I don't have an HD-compatible telly..

Consequently the box tells me to s*d off because it can't detect an HDMI connection - hope someone else can help you with this one, good luck!

D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My box isn't connected via HDMI anymore, the PQ was better with SCART.

The HDMI output was a bit disappointing TBH.

Speaking as a former TT customer, I'm not pleased I can't access the site with my old login credentials yet to view my bill etc. As far as I know, the e-mail is still working OK

The Simpsons on Sky1 was OK last night, no buffering issues, the TT interface isn't much different to the Tiscali one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I'm not pleased I can't access the site with my old login credentials yet to view my bill etc. As far as I know, the e-mail is still working OK

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/members/myaccount/tiscali-product/

Try that ;)
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya, yes, I've seen this one too but unfortuantely, because I'm still in the Stone Age, I don't have an HD-compatible telly..

Consequently the box tells me to s*d off because it can't detect an HDMI connection - hope someone else can help you with this one, good luck!

D.

It seems since the TalkTalk update the HD Harry Potter stuff has vanished too. I wonder if they realise something has gone wrong? They still keep advertising Harry Potter HD!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HD test card now works... a still of three women and tests for contrast, colour and sharpness. One of the Harry Potter films is back in HD but "this item of HD content is not available".

Also, is the generic menu background in HD now since the rebrand? Looks very sharp and continued playing even when my box lost connection.