Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chimpsy23 wrote: »
    Dog tooth(2009) 4/10 WTF WTF
    Lol wtf indeed ! :eek: tho if I had had a hot sister....? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Monster Man

watching it now, its tongue in cheek, horror stuff :D adverts are a pain though
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Over the last six days:

Gattaca - Unmissable

Fast Five - Decent

Super - Very Decent

Scream 4 - Decent

Jagged Edge - Superb

Regards

RB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it was ridiculously silly, but funny and.gory too :D (Monster Man)
  • Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last house on the left (remake) it wasnt bad, thought the rape scenes were unnecessary though, they could have hinted at it rsther than show it.

Ive seen the bad man in something else but not sure what.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    In Search Of A Midnight Kiss (2007) 8/10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    A Separation 10/10
    This Iranian film won best foregin film at this years oscars, it is SO good. Cannot recommend it at all.
    I actually expected the story to be very different.
    It was excellently played out, I kept changing my mind about all the lead characters motivations, and second guessing what was to come. The ending too was perfect, all in all an excellent screenplay, cleverly written and revelaed in a timely fashion.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beloved
    Incredibly film with out of this world performances by Oprah, Thandie Newton and Kimberley Elise
    Fantastically written and beautifully directed. I fail to see why this was a huge flop back when it came out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    The Hunger Games 9/10 Really want to read the books now.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    A Separation 10/10
    This Iranian film won best foregin film at this years oscars, it is SO good. Cannot recommend it at all.
    I actually expected the story to be very different.
    It was excellently played out, I kept changing my mind about all the lead characters motivations, and second guessing what was to come. The ending too was perfect, all in all an excellent screenplay, cleverly written and revelaed in a timely fashion.
    ? :D will try and track this down merci beaucoup
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Three Musketeers (1948) 7/10

Lana Turner & Gene Kelly in the second best film version of the Dumas story.
  • M_apple5M_apple5 Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hunger Games 8/10

I gave this 7 on the main Hunger Games thread, but I was unwell when I watched it, which might have been a reason for me not keeping up with the fast pace. Overall a very good film.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Grey

Liam Neeson in ridiculous yarn about plane crash survivors hunted down by a pack of uber-wolves. Awful, with one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen.

2/10

Immortals

Like watching cut scenes from a Xbox game. Horrible, laughable movie. I accept you have to switch your brain off for some films but you'd need to be a vegetable to enjoy this one.

0/10
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The Illusionist.

7/10

Very enjoyable.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M_apple5 wrote: »
    Hunger Games 8/10

I gave this 7 on the main Hunger Games thread, but I was unwell when I watched it, which might have been a reason for me not keeping up with the fast pace. Overall a very good film.

This has been getting huge big ups. I might venture teh cinema at weekend. See if i can group couple of peeps for a girlie lead flick pmsl :D
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobo with a shotgun-

overall i'm not too keen on mad max scenario films .it had some creative death scenes but it was a bit too crude and gratuitous for me. the script was terrible at times.i realise being an exploitation film it is suppose to exibit some of these qualities but I dunno I haven't seen a modern exploitation film that I really like.nice soundtrack again.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Frenzy

Penultimate Hitchcock that whilst never quite fully satisyfing, does, like Psycho & The Birds, make you wish he'd worked more often in the horror/thriller-ish vein. Script and cast are up to scratch, and as a visual piece it's perhaps underrated (that amazing shot of a moonlit Covent Garden for instance). But there's a jaded feel to it all, as if Hitchcock knew his vision of cinema was perhaps becoming outmoded by the early seventies. But he's on good form for most of it, the dark humour and grisly human insight widely apparent throughout. 7.5/10

Benny's Video

Caustic class dissection from Michael Haneke that slightly lacks the focus of his later work. A rambling narrative perhaps lessens a few of the film's points, and thus its overall effect, but there's still a wealth of good stuff on display, not least the killer ending. And you've gotta love Haneke - in many ways the anti-Richard Curtis. 7/10

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Mechanical Bayhem. Strangely actionless for the first hour or so, then all hell breaks loose, some of which is quite impressive (or at least as impressive as giant toy robots tw*tting each other can be of course).

I suppose with Lebouf and his daft folks now out of the way (or so we presume) Bay can have all human characters military based, and thus his military fetish can carry on unabated. Yes, I know, Battleship ahoy, but who would care at this stage? 6/10
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    DubDub wrote: »
    Lol wtf indeed ! :eek: tho if I had had a hot sister....? :D

I have watched this film about 5 times..I dont know why but I love it..porbably says more about me than the film:o
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fugitive

A well crafted thriller with solid performances from Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones

8/10
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched Orbital. hugely boring crap. also the M25 isnt even mentioned. so i watched London Orbital which he aslo made. also intense crap. thinks he is clever but just boring (like me).

ive hugely enjoyed the late J G Ballard's imaginary landscape novels but this newer "psychogeography" is just fart. Possibly not Will Self ......
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    The Grey

Liam Neeson in ridiculous yarn about plane crash survivors hunted down by a pack of uber-wolves. Awful, with one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen.

2/10

A most disappointing actor.
    Potential, but him and his agent have no idea about good scripts. Could Do Better sunshine!
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A History of Violience - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tokyo decadence -

a bit boring really. ending seemed a bit muddled.
This discussion has been closed.