Options

A quick question for you about holidays

2»

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cities are expensive, you could get an all inclusive week at a nice resort for that

Cities are much more interesting though. I don't see the point in going somewhere and never leaving the hotel.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It varies wildly. For our main 2 weeks holiday, I'd say we pay on average 2.5 to 3k for the holiday and then about 2k spending money for a family of 3 but that is in the school holidays.
    Other holidays we have during the year cost a lot less as my in laws have an apartment in Tenerife and so we only have to pay for flights but, again, they're more expensive due to us having to travel in the school holidays
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Around 5 - 6k for 2 weeks, that includes food/drink, Petrol to and from airport, parking, maybe overnight stay at airport and ferret sitting.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anywhere from £500-5,000

What a vague question, as if anyone's specific holidays are going to be in any way comparable to yours.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    You really can't compare other people's holiday costs to your own. Some people like a budget all-inclusive hotel somewhere hot. Others may prefer a camping trip in the UK, trekking across the Sahara, climbing Kilimanjaro, a fortnight in Disneyland, 6 weeks in Australia, a road trip across America, or a coach journey around Europe.

There's really no comparison between any of those, and I've done all of them at some stage, prices differ wildly.
  • Options
    saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_X_123 wrote: »
    Venice is one of the most expensive places you could look at.......

and its a shit hole
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    Approx £3k for a week, for a family of 3.

Christ, where do you go?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Just had 2 weeks in Lanzarote for 2 adults and a child and spent £2200 total.