Indian vegetable side dishes

2»

Comments

• farmhandfarmhand Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mirabelle wrote: »
    And palak paneer was really good... recommend for something different.

I also love making chana masala

What is Palak Paneer - sounds interesting. Also, what's your recipe for Chana Masala? Cheers. :)
    kimindex wrote: »
    I've come across this recipe for baked bhajis with buckwheat flour. Do you think it sounds any good?
    http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/baked-onion-bhaji-recipe.html
    They look lovely and easy to make! I will be trying these out soon.

Thank you for finding the recipe!
    c4rv wrote: »
    You can try it, I've only ever used buckwheat in pancakes. I can imagine is not going to taste the same but it could well taste pretty nice in its own right.

Let us know how it turns out.

I've got a bag of buckwheat flour leftover from some (unsuccessful) blini recipe so might have a go at this too if they turn out all right.

@ Kim. I waited months till I went up to London but just seen you can order them for 80p here! They also have the Black Onion (Nigella) seeds in case you don't have any of those. Both very nice spices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    palak paneer is simply cheese in a spinach sauce. I'll try and find recipe - Think Anand or Manjum one .Recipe book at home.

Also the chana masala I mix two recipes together. I'll try and find one thats similar though as I cna't tell you off the top of my head ooops
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farmhand wrote: »
    What is Palak Paneer - sounds interesting. Also, what's your recipe for Chana Masala? Cheers. :)

I've got a bag of buckwheat flour leftover from some (unsuccessful) blini recipe so might have a go at this too if they turn out all right.

@ Kim. I waited months till I went up to London but just seen you can order them for 80p here! They also have the Black Onion (Nigella) seeds in case you don't have any of those. Both very nice spices.
    Excellent. I looked on Amazon and they were a small fortune with postage added!
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Indian takeaway I used to go to always used to provide a plastic bag filled with raw onion. Is that what they call a salad? Always baffled me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was coloured red it's what they call onion chutney, usually served with poppadums
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it was literally just chopped white onion in a bag.