Students with European heritage could study for free in Scotland

13»

Comments

• Options
    DavserDavser Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »
    So how about English voters electing 8% of the Scottish Assembly? Seems eminently reasonable to me. Then they can vote on matters that don't concern them at the orders of their party whip.

http://www.historytoday.com/murray-watson/scotlands-english-clan

Yet the media, both in England and in Scotland, have largely ignored the fact that around one in nine Members of the Scottish Parliament was born in England.

11.1% English. Already there.

Further

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_National_Party#Accusations_of_Anglophobia

Indeed, McKee is one of six SNP MSPs born in England, along with other prominent figures such as Christine Grahame and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning Mike Russell.

Wind it in eh.
  • Options
    DavserDavser Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doc Shmok wrote: »
    Can the Scottish government actually pay for this and the free prescriptions? What do they know that England doesn't know? Are we gonna end up in a Greece situation further down the line? I live here.

I have no knowledge just wondering.:confused:

Last I read was that free prescriptions cost £22m a year in Scotland.

If that prevents a load of chronic illness requiring clinical intervention in an inpatient setting then it is money well spent IMO.

Of course it can afford it. Remember, Scotland gets a fixed budget decided by mostly English MP's. Scotland cuts its cloth accordingly. Where money is spent on free scripts and education it cannot spend elsewhere on tiny local councils which employ a few hundred people like in England or health drop in centres like in England or £200m cancer drug funds like in England etc etc.

England spends money how it sees fit with ZERO control on the spending (England just keeps on borrowing more and more and more) yet the Scottish media has no problem with this. Yet we get the English media whining on about what Scotland spends its FIXED budget on year after year.

If its not that then the English media focuses on public spending per capita in Scotland which is actually less than what Londoners (with 50% greater population) get spent on them.

Some awareness required down south it seems.