International Cricket 2013

Comments

• HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to combine test matches from two seperate series between the same countries into one series if they are close together?

Take New Zealand v England as an example this year. The upcoming series in England would be the 4th and 5th tests of the series, continuing on from the first three tests in NZ in March. It would be a good way to fit in more 5 test series that wouldn't normally happen otherwise.

Australia v South Africa could use this example in future as well.

But if England say happened to be 3-0 up :D:rolleyes:, then the New Zealand players wouldn't have a great deal of incentive for coming over for the final two tests would they?
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    But if England say happened to be 3-0 up :D:rolleyes:, then the New Zealand players wouldn't have a great deal of incentive for coming over for the final two tests would they?

That wouldn't happen every time though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Guyz what king of conversation we started on and now where we are going we started from mike hussey lol .... mike is a great played he deserve that respect i think he should be the captain of the auusie team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Guyz what king of conversation we started on and now where we are going we started from mike hussey lol .... mike is a great played he deserve that respect i think he should be the captain of the auusie team.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Why did they stop making the Australian version of Wisden?

I can only assume that they didn't sell enough copies. The English Wisden would be on sale in Australia and that gives all the details of the Australia season, so people who buy that would not see much point in buying an Australian version. As regards records etc the two would be the same
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    the more I see Bhuveshnar Kumar bowl, the more I can't wait to see how he bowls in England in the champions trophy and in the overseas test matches next year.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    the more I see Bhuveshnar Kumar bowl, the more I can't wait to see how he bowls in England in the champions trophy and in the overseas test matches next year.

Honestly, I think he will get walloped all over the place. People in India were saying the same thing about Ishant Sharma when he came onto the scene. It didnt work out to well for him, and he showed more promise then Kumar.

Kumar will be a player that is great at home, average overseas. Like Panesar he will need conditions to suit him, otherwise he will be average.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad to see the great Mike Denness has passed away. Only Scot to captain England at cricket. RIP
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to see the great Mike Denness has passed away. Only Scot to captain England at cricket. RIP

I hadn't seen that, DL...........

RIP Mke Denness
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. Only 72
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the collapse by Bangla in the 1st Test against Zimbabwe
    102/1 to 134 all out ! Giving Zim a lead of 255. Again, no follow on enforced with Zimbabwe finishing on 187/7 , a lead of 442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Just saw the collapse by Bangla in the 1st Test against Zimbabwe
    102/1 to 134 all out ! Giving Zim a lead of 255. Again, no follow on enforced with Zimbabwe finishing on 187/7 , a lead of 442

An impressive collapse, but not nearly as impressive Pakistan's 2nd innings collapse in this match.:eek:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/slvpak2009/engine/match/403368.html
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wisden has a World Cricketer of the Year as well as the 5 from the UK. This year it is Michael Clarke.

Compton nearly scored 1,000 in May and ended up on something like 1,400 runs - a fantastic season where nowadays batsmen look at 500 runs (and bowlers 50 wickets) like they used to regard 1,000 (100 wickets).

RIP Mike Denness - played in over 500 First-Class matches plus another 230 List A - a huge amount, scoring over 31,000 runs.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Gayle is currently 153 off 53 balls in this IPL match.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Chris Gayle is currently 153 off 53 balls in this IPL match.

Not going to be many records left after this knock!....absolutely outstanding, been a pleasure to watch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    263-5 from 20 overs, Chris Gayle 175 not out.:eek:
    Forum Member

And 0-1 in reply, perfect start!
  • amar1286amar1286 Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the odds for a pune warriors win I wonder:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amar1286 wrote: »
    What are the odds for a pune warriors win I wonder:D

Not great, just a mere 13.98 runs per over needed.:D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member

Unbelieveable! Just watching the last 5 overs of the masterpiece on ITV4+1 now. Amazing!
    Forum Member
    Not great, just a mere 13.98 runs per over needed.:D

A 6 and a 4 ever over with some hard running between the wickets and they'll be fine :):)
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Unbelieveable! Just watching the last 5 overs of the masterpiece on ITV4+1 now. Amazing!

You should have seen the first 10
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gotta try and see that effort from Gayle. Thats pure slaughter!!!
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gayle is amazing.

A great eye, fantastic technique and brilliant timing.

Does it all as if he's playing with kids in the back garden.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Gayle taking a couple of wickets for good measure.
This discussion has been closed.