Options

Are You Fed Up With Who's On Heart?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is highly tedious and probably wouldn't be so much if it only ran for 2 weeks or a month, but I do like the idea of the Welsh Towns quiz challenge where you play on behalf of the town you are from on Heart North Wales, this is something they could perhaps roll out nationwide, a great idea, which would have been great on the original Marcher and probably huge if it had been!

They already have rolled it out! The Big Town Showdown is on most Heart stations.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Whitey_GRN wrote: »
    I get that it's a networked competition, which makes it a money spinner as people from all regions will be calling in and only one person will make it though.

However, on the first one of the day, it's "local" times. So what happens if, assuming its a different person guessing in each of the many regions of Heart, that it's guessed correctly?

Or am I missing some kind of radio trickery where even though it's local...... it's not.

I'm pretty certain the first one of the day is after 10am with Toby, which from 10am is Network and not local.
  • Options
    Dr BobbinsDr Bobbins Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    The issues is not whether you are fed up with Who's On Heart, it's whether Heart's listeners (and potential listeners) are fed up with it.

There's hardly a single person on this forum that lives the life of a listener, so the best answer will be to see tomorrow's Rajar figures, and decide based on that.

And if the figures are good (or static), than the answer is simple - people aren't fed up of Who's On Heart (even if we are).
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    It has finally been won. The third voice was Nigel Kennedy. So after ten months this long running competition has come to an end. Until January when I expect another one will begin and go on for most of next year!