Okami £12.99 at Zavvi

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Bargain here. Ordered mine the other day and it turned up very quickly, so they seem pretty good to me. I'm thrilled to bits at this bargain. I'm saving it for Christmas, because I'm a bit sad like that!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mine turned up too- but with COD: WAW and QOS to get on with, i'm not sure when i'll get the time to play it. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine turned up too- but with COD: WAW and QOS to get on with, i'm not sure when i'll get the time to play it. :o

Q of S for me next, not sure if wii music will float my boat, what is the wii going to offer this xmas, i would be happy with pilotwings on the VC
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!
    Must buy it.
    I have wanted this game for ages, but didn't want to spend £30 or £40 on it...
    Thank you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Yeah nice one for telling us about this deal.

I had a look at the reviews on various sites last night including IGN and it scored really high. IGN gave it a 9 and Eurogamer a 10! How did I miss this one!!!!??? Especially as it's been compared to Zelda.

Ordered straightaway at like midnight last night so hopefully should get the game in a couple of days!

Nice one!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had a look at the reviews on various sites last night including IGN and it scored really high. IGN gave it a 9 and Eurogamer a 10! How did I miss this one!!!!??? Especially as it's been compared to Zelda.

Ordered straightaway at like midnight last night so hopefully should get the game in a couple of days!

Nice one!!!

its a good game, i had it on ps2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I did put it in the Bargain sticky thread on the main page, but I realised no one had mentioned it here so thought I ought to. It's truly a top bargain. I'm saving mine for Christmas! :D
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member

Nice one!!!

Yes, it got good reviews although I read some comments about the Wii version which were less than favourable.. kind of put me off a bit. £13, though? Consider it ordered, and thanks to Kal for bringing this to our attention!
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    Yes, it got good reviews although I read some comments about the Wii version which were less than favourable.. kind of put me off a bit...

I think a lot of gamers just simply don't like the Wii controls. I've read negative reviews of lots of Wii games that I've had no bother with. Things like PES, Excite Truck, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Samba De Amigo etc. I think once someone is predisposed to disliking the controls, there's nothing you can do to talk them out of it. Because I only have the Wii, I've managed to become quite accustomed to the new style of controls, and haven't desired using a regular pad.

In other words, I reckon if you're pretty good at guiding your players around on PES2008, then you're going to have no bother drawing consistent shapes during Okami. That's my theory anyway, I'll let you know if I'm right come Christmas!
  • BaradaBarada Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    The only real criticism of Okami that I ever read was that other than the new Wii controls - it was a straight port from the PS2.

Not played it but I think the style of the game has found its rightful home on Wii.
    Forum Member
    Kal_El wrote: »
    I think a lot of gamers just simply don't like the Wii controls. I've read negative reviews of lots of Wii games that I've had no bother with. Things like PES, Excite Truck, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Samba De Amigo etc. I think once someone is predisposed to disliking the controls, there's nothing you can do to talk them out of it. Because I only have the Wii, I've managed to become quite accustomed to the new style of controls, and haven't desired using a regular pad.

In other words, I reckon if you're pretty good at guiding your players around on PES2008, then you're going to have no bother drawing consistent shapes during Okami. That's my theory anyway, I'll let you know if I'm right come Christmas!

A lot of people don't seem to 'get' the Wii controls. I have no problems with them, and certainly the drawing on screen in Okami I doubt i'll have any trouble with - the pointer interface is made for it! I can't even remember what the criticisms were, but I'm pretty sure they were mainly control-based (probably from people who had previously played the PS2 version). I'll see in a couple of days I guess.
    Forum Member
    Almost all the criticisms have been regarding the controls from what I've read. It's something I've seen a few times, and I just pay no attention now. I really do feel that you're either up for the Wii controls, or you're not. Happily, I am, and I've had no bother with a load of games the "hardcore" press have pasted.

I've got no concerns about Okami at all. I'm sure if you spend a bit of time with it, you'll find it easy. I'm really looking forward to mine. Let me know how you get on with it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this yesterday and it is amazing!
    Graphics are just stunning and the game play is tremendous - one of the best Wii games.
    I urge everyone to get this - a wonderous game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, had this a month now - only played 4 hrs since i was busy.

This game is A M A Z I N G!

The art style, the gameplay, the music! My favorite parts are where you restore nature and you go whizzing round the area in question restoring life! It is such a feel good moment! Aswell as graphically great :)

I urge you to buy this game - if it isn't £12.99 anymore, you can get it in Zavvi for 2 for £30 or £20 each! I would happily spend £35 on this.
    Forum Member
    My opinion is better late than never I guess.

Every time I play this game, I'm on it for 3 or 4 hours. I've clocked up about 11 hours play time even though i didn't think I'd had much opportunity to play it!

It is certainly a very good game, and the controls are perfect (except for the nonsense you can learn in the Dojo, which I can never really figure out)

£12.99 well spent.
    Forum Member
    Zavvi might be gone, but Blah! DVD are doing it for a pretty good price. It's not in stock, but it could be worth placing an order to reserve one.

I can't help thinking that if games would be released at these kinds of prices (£19.99 etc) they'd sell more of games like Okami.
    Forum Member
    DVD.co.uk have Okami at a pretty good price, and as part of their 2 for £30 as well. It's showing as stock due back in, and they have been a great site for me in the past, so if you're after the game you could do much worse than this.

I'll get you all playing this game before long! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was £15 in HMV when I went in the other day. Yesterday in Zavvi they were selling it for £30 reduced from £40. What a bargain! :)
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I got mine for £9.97 in PC world on Boxing day.:cool:
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I got mine for £9.97 in PC world on Boxing day.:cool:

Crikey that's fantastic. Best price yet. Have you played it? Isn't it a bit special? :D I absolutely adore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey that's fantastic. Best price yet. Have you played it? Isn't it a bit special? :D I absolutely adore it.

I'm stuck! The daft wolf won't jump high enough for me to get up a ledge!!! :(
    Forum Member
    You know about the double jump yeah? If you jump into a wall or suchlike, you can press and hold the jump button again to leap ledges. He tells you how to do it when you start out, but you might miss it what with all the gorgeous scenery!
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda now flogging this game for £12 - been and got mine on my lunch break!!

Can't wait as a few people are claiming its better than Twilight Princess :eek:
    Forum Member
    omipalone wrote: »
    Asda now flogging this game for £12 - been and got mine on my lunch break!!

Can't wait as a few people are claiming its better than Twilight Princess :eek:

Don't listen to 'em. Get both. They're a fantastic pair of games. They might share some ideas, but they're different enough that any gamer would love them equally.
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't listen to 'em. Get both. They're a fantastic pair of games. They might share some ideas, but they're different enough that any gamer would love them equally.

As a self-confessed addict of all things Zelda :o I've had Twilight Princess for ages but as Nintendo ain't saying whether a new Zelda is coming or not then this game should salve my addiction until then especially at 12 quid!!. ;)
  • SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best games ever made at full price, bargain of the century at 12.99.