Options

Coal House at War

nvellanvella Posts: 697
Forum Member
✭✭
From looking at these forums this has obviously been on before but it is currently on BBC2 on Mondays at 7.00 p.m. Loving it and learning lots of things I didn't know about life during the second world war.

Anyone else watching?

Comments

• Options
    wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's been shown Nationally previously but it's been on a bit of a tape-loop here in Wales over the past twelve months. Very interesting though.

The next Welsh "reality-history" programme they are currently casting for will be a family living as 19th Century Welsh hill farmers in Snowdonia, which I think will be shown here in Wales next year.

Plenty of opportunity for bleak misery there.
  • Options
    OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvella wrote: »
    From looking at these forums this has obviously been on before but it is currently on BBC2 on Mondays at 7.00 p.m. Loving it and learning lots of things I didn't know about life during the second world war.

Anyone else watching?

Yeah, and enjoying it, too ..... ;)

Apart from the Bevan Boys, everybody seems to be adapting really well - the kids, particularly, seem to enjoy getting down and dirty with the animals ..... :D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching it too, really enjoying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to note that offal was never "on the ration", so you could eat as much brain, heart, kidney, liver, trotters, lights, sweetbreads, tongue, snout and tripe as you could get hold of ..... :eek:
  • Options
    ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Yep we love it in this house.
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,good series,my 12 year old daughter is glued to it.Really entertaining and educational.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another excellent episode last night ..... :cool:

Pigs are lovely ..... :eek:

Bevan Boys are bone idle ..... :mad:

Allotments are made for kids ..... :D

Andrew (from Essex) is right at home ..... :)

..... and the ration is - 1 jam sandwich a month ..... :(