Options

People who throw acid into the faces of women

Comments

• Options
    Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what are you talking about? they were friends who fell out over a bloke.

Read the title of the thread please.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Broad enough for what? I'm asking if that is the only one, if there are no others you can just say "no"/"Not that I can think of".

i`ll write in my style, you write in yours.
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`ll write in my style, you write in yours.

Ok, moving on: I think " some kind of mental issue" is too broad by far. If you are so absolutely insanely mental you really cannot tell right and wrong then you should not be out in public and anything less you should be standing trial because you would have to absolutely insane to not realize throwing acid at people is wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    A long jail sentence in a prison where they'll be beaten by other inmates and left horribly disfigured themselves and made to pay compensation to the victim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Neil5234 wrote: »
    Read the title of the thread please.
    it`s clearly triggered by the current acid attack trial.

where`s the bit about religion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, moving on: I think " some kind of mental issue" is too broad by far. If you are so absolutely insanely mental you really cannot tell right and wrong then you should not be out in public and anything less you should be standing trial because you would have to absolutely insane to not realize throwing acid at people is wrong.

not everyone with mental issues is insane:confused:. we`re talking about mitigation not the entire defence.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A long prison sentence, probably with therapy to boot. Any other answer is probably going to be silly.
  • Options
    FrightfulBoarFrightfulBoar Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instant execution. No fuss, bullet to the brain, body in a furnace.

Cheap and effective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not everyone with mental issues is insane:confused:.

I never said they were did I? I clearly stated that anyone who is not insane should stand trial.

Lets try again:
    People who fall under the category of being "so absolutely insanely mental you really cannot tell right and wrong" should be exempt from trial.

Are you saying people who "have a mental problem" but do not fall under the category of being totally unable to tell right from wrong should have their mental state taken into consideration at a trial for acid throwing?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd suggest a stretch in prison (~10 years) coupled with a severe beating which results in permanent disfigurement.

The prison sentence would be punishment for the crime.
    The disfigurement would be a constant reminder for the rest of their lives of the damage inflicted on the victim.
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some kind of mental problem, obviously.

But are people who comitt such evil acts mentally ill or simply evil?

It has been suggested to me that those who do evil things that we cannot comprehend are mentally ill to be able to do them in the first place.

But I'm not sure, I think a person can be truly evil and without remorse and that being so does not render them mentally ill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never said they were did I? I clearly stated that anyone who is not insane should stand trial.

Lets try again:
    People who fall under the category of being "so absolutely insanely mental you really cannot tell right and wrong" should be exempt from trial.

Are you saying people who "have a mental problem" but do not fall under the category of being totally unable to tell right from wrong should have their mental state taken into consideration at a trial for acid throwing?

i`m saying that in common with every other defendant in a trial for anything at all any mitigating factors should be considered in the course of the sentencing.

i don`t think i`m making it particularly difficult to comprehend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the person has been disfigured as a result of the attack then the attacker should go to prison for 10 years at least. At the end of the day throwing acid in someones face is no different than raping someone, both have negative effects on your lifestyle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KittyKream wrote: »
    But are people who comitt such evil acts mentally ill or simply evil?

It has been suggested to me that those who do evil things that we cannot comprehend are mentally ill to be able to do them in the first place.

But I'm not sure, I think a person can be truly evil and without remorse and that being so does not render them mentally ill.

you can have mental issues without being mentally ill.
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can have mental issues without being mentally ill.

But does someone who does something uncomprehendingly evil (like imo throwing acid on someone) have 'mental issues' just by being able to do so.

Or could they just be a truly evil individual :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KittyKream wrote: »
    But does someone who does something uncomprehendingly evil (like imo throwing acid on someone) have 'mental issues' just by being able to do so.

Or could they just be a truly evil individual :confused:

either, both, neither.

either way i`m struggling to see why therapy would be bad thing and why any mitigating factors shouldn`t be considered at sentencing it`s normal procedure.

which is pretty much all i`ve said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m saying that in common with every other defendant in a trial for anything at all any mitigating factors should be considered in the course of the sentencing.

i don`t think i`m making it particularly difficult to comprehend.

Yes and I asked what would you define at mitigating circumstances remember? Its a discussion or would be but wee just going to go round in circles.

You said we need to see what mitigating circumstances there are and I asked to drill down on what you thought would be possible. Asking to go into more detail does not represent a comprehension problem.

Of course mitigating factors should be taken into consideration by definition.

I am, or was, cus this is just pointless now, what constitutes a mitigating circumstance in cases such as this.
  • Options
    ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's mainly a problem in India, where the penalty ranges from several years in prison to death, depending on the region.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes and I asked what would you define at mitigating circumstances remember? Its a discussion or would be but wee just going to go round in circles.

You said we need to see what mitigating circumstances there are and I asked to drill down on what you thought would be possible. Asking to go into more detail does not represent a comprehension problem.

Of course mitigating factors should be taken into consideration by definition.

I am, or was, cus this is just pointless now, what constitutes a mitigating circumstance in cases such as this.

i`m just going to be repeating myself. over and over and over again. some. kind. of. mental. issue.

it`s going round in circles because you keep asking the same question to which you will continue to get the same answer. i could spend all day typing a huge list of possibilities but that would be completely pointless and a rather ridiculous as there are as many of those as there are people with issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m just going to be repeating myself. over and over and over again. some. kind. of. mental. issue.

it`s going round in circles because you keep asking the same question to which you will continue to get the same answer. i could spend all day typing a huge list of possibilities but that would be completely pointless and a rather ridiculous as there are as many of those as there are people with issues.

Its pointless because you don't want to answer and instead deflect, that all. But that's OK, That's DS these days. Post 35 asked a very simple question that did not require a list of possible conditions because all conditions must fall into those that effect ability to tell right from wrong and those that don't.
    And if the latter class should be a mitigating circumstance.

But don't sweat it, it was my mistake because I should have stopped wasting time on you when you came out with the ridiculously lame "i`ll write in my style, you write in yours."

But then its time I stopped wasting time on a forum that is now so inhabited by trolls, morons and perverts (none of which are you Net) that DS don't even bother to ban them anymore (except for Pinkteddy of course) as there traffic would plummet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    brisky wrote: »
    The sad thing in this latest case, is that the girl who allegedly threw acid in the other girl's face was her friend, and they had a silly argument where she called her ugly, so obviously tried to even the score and then some.

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :(

I agree, I also re-read the article about her, it was very sad. People do stuff like throwing acid should get acid thrown at them back rather than just a jail sentence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its pointless because you don't want to answer and instead deflect, that all. But that's OK, That's DS these days. Post 35 asked a very simple question that did not require a list of possible conditions because all conditions must fall into those that effect ability to tell right from wrong and those that don't.
    And if the latter class should be a mitigating circumstance.

But don't sweat it, it was my mistake because I should have stopped wasting time on you when you came out with the ridiculously lame "i`ll write in my style, you write in yours."

But then its time I stopped wasting time on a forum that is now so inhabited by trolls, morons and perverts (none of which are you Net) that DS don't even bother to ban them anymore (except for Pinkteddy of course) as there traffic would plummet.

i answered your question in post 38.

not interested in the rest of your post.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I agree, I also re-read the article about her, it was very sad. People do stuff like throwing acid should get acid thrown at them back rather than just a jail sentence.

I think that's fair.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suitable acid retaliation! - or castration with a blunt rusty knife!!.

I take it you are not a hand wringing Guardian reader then? :)
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,531
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    I take it you are not a hand wringing Guardian reader then? :)

I don't read ANY newspaper - I prefer my works of fiction to be labelled as such :D

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!!.