Options

Away With You, Fern Britton!

Can't wait for her to leave This Morning. She's so fake.

Melanie Sykes for replacement, I hope. Much more grounded.

Comments

• Options
    bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have just switched the show off !

she seems more smug/unfunny then ever at the moment,blimey .... i dread to think what fridays show will be like !!!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't liked her that much lately but I think I'll miss her ...
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, it's Fern's final week......at long last!! :p

I think it's the right time for her to go. She doesn't come across as being truly a part of the show anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    How long is This Morning off our screens for does anyone know and when do we find out her replacement...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that irritating husband of her's leaving the gig too?
    She may have lost weight with her band, but she seems to have aged 5 years since having it done.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nocturne wrote: »

I think Vickery is staying
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Author 007 wrote: »
    How long is This Morning off our screens for does anyone know and when do we find out her replacement...?

Got a funny feeling Holly Willowtree will be Schofield's sidekick
  • Options
    jonty9jonty9 Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    ferns the best...holly...yuk a turn off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nocturne wrote: »
    She may have lost weight with her band, but she seems to have aged 5 years since having it done.

That very often happens with fat women - they look haggard and shrivelled after they lose wait. Skinny's really only a good look for very young women - when they age they need a few curves to divert your attention from the wrinkles.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    I think Richard and Judy and John Leslie may make a return for the last show.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ John Leslie.....erm, highly unlikely. :D

Schofe seems intent in bringing Holly Woollybee on board. Talk about overkill once Dancing On Ice returns!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    What got me was a comment she made last night on Alan Carr's Chatty Man programme. When he asked her if she'll be tearful on her last This Morning show on Friday she said that she wouldn't. She'll just treat it as her last programme for them. She's apparently asked for no flowers, gifts or party afterwards and will walk out of the door into her car and leave. So much for sentiment then. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4444 wrote: »

Please no for Melanie Sykes. She's as bland an insincere as the average Breakfast TV presenter. Put her on the One Show sofa next to Christine and watch them try and have a conversation. That would be a challenge.

Yes, I'm afraid I am not a fan :)

Not sure who'd be any good for This Morning. Anyone suggested has been equally dull and free of personality. There's too many chat shows and they're all the same, and usually just consist of presenters interviewing other presenters.

Anyway, since Friday is Fern's last day, surely she'll stay home as usual and Holmes and Ruth will be there instead?
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Not according to the sypnosis. Eammon and Ruth have finished already - for good if rumours are to be believed.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to miss Fern, she's still great.

Hope its not Mel Sykes, she is bloody awful.

Holly would be great though, love her on Xtra Factor.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Schofe seems intent in bringing Holly Woollybee on board. Talk about overkill once Dancing On Ice returns!!
    How is that any different to Phil and Fern presenting Mr and Mrs and This Morning?
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Fern Britton Rocks! She should return to Ready Steady Cook!

Britton Bites Back!
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eammon and Ruth said last Friday THAT was their last day. And they hoped to be back.

Apparently there is talk of his wages being too big for ITV. Depends on whether he has agreed to a gastric band around his pay packet.:)

So Phil and Fern are doing her last show next Friday (Fern's birthday) with all sorts of special things!

And the BBC have very cleverly ensured Fern's first post This Morning show for Friday night (first edition of the new Question of Sport type quiz about TV programmes in which she is one team leader) (mind you they put it head to head with Coronation Street which will pretty much demolish the chances most of her fans will tune in live).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Not according to the sypnosis. Eammon and Ruth have finished already - for good if rumours are to be believed.

Yes the reek of desperation off them on Friday was vomit inducing.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annie P wrote: »
    What got me was a comment she made last night on Alan Carr's Chatty Man programme. When he asked her if she'll be tearful on her last This Morning show on Friday she said that she wouldn't. She'll just treat it as her last programme for them. She's apparently asked for no flowers, gifts or party afterwards and will walk out of the door into her car and leave. So much for sentiment then. :rolleyes:

So you've never heard anyone say that kind of thing before? Of course there will be best bits, flowers, tears etc it happens all the time and not just in TV jobs. "I don't want a fuss".

I like Ruth and Eamonn but they did seem a bit desperate to be back. I hope Ruth is back, and lets face it she probably will be of Holly or Davina gets the job but I can't say the same about Eamonn.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Annie P wrote: »

Yet she still insists there is no problem between her and Phil regarding salary etc..... Does not sound like a happy departure from This Morning. On one hand Fern says she wants to spend more time with her family and yet she is already lined up to appear on some kind of comic show and is still going to appear on Mr and Mrs with Phil. Think she is taking an awful risk leaving a popular show at the age of 51 as television does not seem to love older women, just ask Arlene from Strictly Come Dancing!! Fiona left GMTV and now she is doing ad for Olay!! I am sure she thought the TV world was stand with open arms for her and look what happened. Fiona now says she made a mistake in leaving GMTV.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4444 wrote: »

Mel must earn her money with yet another advert. This time with Churchill set in Paris. I wonder how Churchill avoids quarantine, hmm. :D
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she have to hand back her fake laugh or is she allowed to keep it ?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Counting off the hours - can't stand FB. Don't mind really who replaces her .... Gordon the Gopher would be better than her!:)

She is looking haggard and old. When she was plump her skin was beautiful and her smile reached her eyes. Now she has a huge false grin, her eyes are dead and her body language speaks volumes.

Mind you she'll probably be ill after today's episode ... did anybody else see that dark haired woman who was cooking? Well, preparing food shall we say:rolleyes:
    She was touching her face, scratching herself and had her hair hanging all over her face and had to keep pushing it back behind her ears. I wouldn't have eaten anything she prepared. Fern was cramming it in though as usual. I'm sure she thinks now she has a gastric band she will try and prove how "very normal" she still is.:rolleyes:

I would have thought with all the talk of healthy eating, hygiene and avoiding summer "bugs" This Morning could have set a better example than that. Even Philip joked that the cloth they found for her to wipe her hands had "been there about 3 weeks."

Roll on Friday and, as I've said before ... we'll get all the crocodile tears, "funny" clips, fave moments, probably her her family and a mini This is Your Life. Betcha! Sick bowls to the ready!!:eek::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    oh yes wish shed hurry up and go.Mel Sykes would be my choice too.