Rumours that turned out to be true.

K2kK2k Posts: 200
Forum Member
With all the speculation on DS on who is supposedly sleeping with who, or addicted to whatever and lying about it, what examples are there of PR coverups that where eventually proved to be lies?

Comments

• slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    National Enquirer was reporting for months that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were having an affair on the set of Mr and Mrs Smith and that his marriage to Jennifer Aniston was falling apart which was hotly denied. Turned out to be all true and Jolie has admitted they fell in love filming Mr and Mrs Smith.

Madonna denied both her pregnancies which turned out to be true and that she wanted to adopt Mercy. I don't blame her about the pregnancies though, she was older and the risks are higher and staying silent would have been as good as confirming it. If something had gone wrong I can understand why she wouldn't have wanted the press intruding on that.

Katie Holmes pregnancy was denied until she was quite far along.

Plus there were rumours about Janet Jackson being married which werent' confirmed until she divorced the fella.

Jordan and Pete denied marriage problems...can think of loads more too.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    That Joe Mceldry was Straight. Oh wait . doh.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth Gates was lying when he denied sleeping with Katie Price. If I remember correctly, the public sided with Gareth and thought Katie was the liar, and I think Gareth even said he was going to sue Katie. But eventually he admitted to it.

Posh Spice lied in a TV interview about having had a boob job, then she later admitted in court that she had.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that gareth gates had popped his cherry to jordan!

he totally denied it- what an embarrasing climbdown for him in the end
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    That Joe Mceldry was Straight. Oh wait . doh.

I mean what sort of heterosexual man has to "come out" as being straight on the front page of The Sun? For anyone who hadn't already realised, that was the clearest giveaway that he was, infact, gay :D
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    National Enquirer often gets things fairly early but they can be lost in a mire of rubbish!

They got Patrick Swayzes illness very early on and they even got nominated for the Pulitzer prize this year for the investigative reporting they did into Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards' love child.

Sometimes stuff in there just seems so unbelievable but then in a few months or so it is revealed to be true
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    National Enquirer often gets things fairly early but they can be lost in a mire of rubbish!

They got Patrick Swayzes illness very early on and they even got nominated for the Pulitzer prize this year for the investigative reporting they did into Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards' love child.

Sometimes stuff in there just seems so unbelievable but then in a few months or so it is revealed to be true

yes but they also claimed courtney cox had hepatitis b when they caught a pic of her coming out of a chemist with a box of aspirin :D
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A while ago John Major, PM at the time, was furious that rumours of an afffair with Claire Latimer, a Downing Street caterer, were being circulated. Turned out he was having an affair with Edwina Currie!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky Martin being gay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savi...!

Oh no, wait...
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Ricky Martin being gay

:o:o:o:o
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A while ago John Major, PM at the time, was furious that rumours of an afffair with Claire Latimer, a Downing Street caterer, were being circulated. Turned out he was having an affair with Edwina Currie!!
    I heard about his affair with Edwina Currie about 5 years before it became public - a friend of mine had a temp job at the houses of parliament, and apparently everyone there knew about it...
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There has to be a gag about "Parliamentary Privilege" in that one somewhere :D

No one believed KP was going to attempt to enter "Eurovision" hence the national epidemic of sight problems following the unveiling of that pink cat suit!

Back to Parliament: who believed MP's would be stupid enough to rip off their expenses...oh, right, we all did, sorry.
  • fluffsta007fluffsta007 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    The Montreal Screwjob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Woods affairs
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bill "I did not have sexual relations" Clinton
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Montreal Screwjob.

What's this?
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Montreal Screwjob is some kind of 'fixed' wrestling match
    :yawn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Screwjob
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fixed wrestling match ? Come, come, let's not be silly.

As for Bill Clinton, I had to stand up and applaud his logic when he said he'd read The Bible and there was no mention of oral sex in it, therefore it wasn't sex.

Shame no-one pointed out to him The Bible doesn't mention the United States either, therefore he was President of... nothing. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the blind item about the presenter who suffered an acid attack, turned out to be true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Allen being pregnant.