Alex is totally useless!

floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
Forum Member
He was saying, and I quote more or less,

"I know the shopping centre like the back of my hand"

and then he goes and puts the shop promotion in the wrong position.

What a plonker. Made for good tv though. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    The thing is we don't know if he is right.

The problem seems to be that you say we have this shop with amazing stuff but you need to go on an sponsored walk to get to it.
    What if the promotion site is great for stand-alone stands? He did say that it gets really busy so there would be lots of people passing it. If they had an changing room and an small amount of stock on sale there then the story may have been different. It could be something as simple as splitting between the two sites and they would have won.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    He's the sort of person who believes that if you talk long enough to confuse your audience with your wild ideas then they'll somehow believe that you are the expert you claim to be on the subject. ;)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am amazed he is even a candidate:confused:

Can you imagine him on Donald Trumps list of potential employees :D

He means well but what makes me laugh is when he bigs himself up and then they state his name on screen with an umemployed label beside it. (no disrespect to the unemployed btw) it just makes me giggle.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like Alex.

A very genuine and decent bloke :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    I actually like Alex.

Yeh me too. You get what you see with him.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wasn't that bad. He did have a point about the shop layout...I can't see him winning though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    He is a complete plonker. He is a child struggling in an adult world without basic skills of deportment, conversation and social interaction and knows this deep down so he spends half his life desperately trumpeting tiny little achievements, I am half expecting him at some stage to advertise he has been good on his potty.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    I actually like Alex.

Hmmm, I don't know.
    The way he acted coming back from the boardroom in the first week was sooooooo out of character, I think he's a bit of a wannabe. Whenever he speaks it's like he's just trying to fob you off, especially with all this retail guru nonsense. lol
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He might astound you all next week with his dazzling cleaning product promotion.
    Forum Member
    I might be astounded as to how appalling it might be!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't that bad. He did have a point about the shop layout...I can't see him winning though

Yeah, he did. He talked a lot of sense for the most part. The promo stand was a bit of a mistake, but knowing how to lay out a shop and having the cop-on to get an ad filmed definitely doesn't qualify as useless.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I acually liked Gordon Brown but something about Alexs awkwardness reminds me of him.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,780
    Forum Member
    Rememebr he did give AS his assuarance and told AS that he can "have that"! WOW! An asuarance! What reassurance! :rolleyes: :D

Either Alex or Stuart should have gone yesterday. If the gorgeous Paloma wasn't so defensive over the last few weeks, she probably would have survived though maybe not against Shibby if she took it to easy.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is one of the best. He makes some excellent points and he's not rude to people. He approached Melissa correctly regarding moving to a different location, and he wasn't rude to her and stood firm. He wasn't rude to Paloma and he had great ideas, the tv spot, merchandise etc.
    I get the feeling he's been a manager and works well with people, and the bitching and spitefullness from the other candidates isn't what he's used to.
    He seems like a nice, sensible decent bloke. Def would rather work with him than the UGLY manipulative bitch Paloma.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing with Alex is that I can't tell at times if he's being mildly ironic or he's just off his nut. Calling himself a retail guru, saying they should lie to customers and pretend that Alesha Dixon and Fearne Cotton are in the store, saying that random European accents are very "in" right now, claiming to have conceived of the Bendy Bus. He could either just have a slightly off-kilter sense of humour, or he's out there and completely full of himself.
  • jeymzjeymz Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks like a Guinea-Pig. Nuff said.
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    He talked a lot of sense for the most part. The promo stand was a bit of a mistake, but knowing how to lay out a shop and having the cop-on to get an ad filmed definitely doesn't qualify as useless.

Agreed, and he remained civil in the face of rudeness, dismissiveness and baiting.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a complete mong.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    1 securing the ad - resourceful
    2 admitting his error - honest
    3 defending himself without getting personal - assertive
    4 correct about the shop layout - knowledgeable

He has minus points too but he is employable in some capacity. Depends what you're looking for.
    Forum Member
    Mrstimmy wrote: »
    Alex is one of the best. He makes some excellent points and he's not rude to people. He approached Melissa correctly regarding moving to a different location, and he wasn't rude to her and stood firm. He wasn't rude to Paloma and he had great ideas, the tv spot, merchandise etc.
    I get the feeling he's been a manager and works well with people, and the bitching and spitefullness from the other candidates isn't what he's used to.
    He seems like a nice, sensible decent bloke. Def would rather work with him than the UGLY manipulative bitch Paloma.

You confuse being an inoffensive human being with being an effective businessman with ideas.

I would be amazed to see him tie his shoelaces together on the first attempt.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't confuse them. I said he stood up to Melissa and he was right in doing so, but he didn't feel the need to be rude or offensive. So I backed him up through his actions and his personality compliments him.

It was his idea to do the TV spot, the merchandising was his idea. There have been others throughout the series but I can't remember of the top of my head.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I think Alex has been unfairly written off and maligned after the last epsiode. I'm not saying he's a winning candidate, but his performance in previous tasks has been pretty much solid, and he made up for his errors in this task with the TV ad. I actually think he did his best considering the initial mistakes he made.

If anything, it was Paloma who was causing the tesnion surrounding him - he seems to get along fine with the others.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a complete mong.

Now this confuses me. We live in such a PC age and yet this highly offensive (to me) term seems to escape. Do people simply not realise what it actually means?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 securing the ad - resourceful
    2 admitting his error - honest
    3 defending himself without getting personal - assertive
    4 correct about the shop layout - knowledgeable

He has minus points too but he is employable in some capacity. Depends what you're looking for.

Alex to a tee.

As you say, he may have some bad points, but as regards this task he was correct in everything but the promo spot, and even that would have won out if the shop was permanent, as he knew the busiest footfall area.