Hammer horror actress Ingrid Pitt dies aged 73

Comments

• Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Two of my favourite films, The Wickerman and Where Eagles Dare star Ingrid Pitt.

RIP 73 is still not that old in this day and age.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news, RIP Ingrid
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw her at the World Horror Convention in Brighton only 8 months ago. Her appearance was cut to half an hour due to poor health but she was in great form otherwise, flirting with her interviewer and telling anecdotes about her former co-stars.

A great personality who will be much missed.
  • timestalkertimestalker Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    RIP Ingrid.

I spoke to her when she was signing autographs/ books at the Watford Film fairs a few years ago .

There are some people you think will live forever.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about Ingrid's passing. She will be missed by her fans like me who remember her from the Hammer days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOO! oh man! that is really tragic, was re-waching Hammer films the past year and was thinking what they're doing now etc. and then read this and i was just WHAA?!?

R.I.P, she was a legendary figure of cult cinema :)
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Very sad news . I met her so many times over the years and she signed my copy of Bedside Companion for Vampire Lovers , which I will now treasure . Any time I met her , she was always so down to earth . Also , she was really flirtatious, but in a nice sense , so that any time I saw her I had to go say hello .

The last time I saw her was in 2007 , in Birmingham . I was at a convention at the NEC , and was talking to Billy Boyd. She was in a wheelchair then and bumped into me , and offered me a free signed photo . I ended up with a photo from Vampire Lovers signed by Ingrid , Kate O'Mara and Madeleine Smith. I also got a signed Wickerman script , but that vanished when we moved house :(

So glad we met so many times , and a really sad loss.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Two of my favourite films, The Wickerman and Where Eagles Dare star Ingrid Pitt.

RIP 73 is still not that old in this day and age.

Yes 2 brilliant movies ! ..she wasnt in a lot of big films but she always acted really well .......... sad loss ! :(
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingrid was a honey so she was. Especially in Countess Dracula (aka Countess Bathory).
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww that's very sad news. Countess Dracula was a rights of passage into manhood when I was a nipper! R.I.P.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    RIP Countess Bathory :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Agree with all the posts.
    Lovely lady.