Options

Thanking the bus/taxi driver after a journey

gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, do you? :p

I always do, as it costs nothing and hopefully makes someone's day that little bit better.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no I do not. they are there to provide a service, they get paid a wage there is no need to thank them, they are just doing their job,

I also haven't been on a bus for years as i can drive and own a very nice expensive car ^_^
  • Options
    Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do too. Same as if I see the train driver when I get off the front of the train I always say thanks. Just polite
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. If I am paying for their services then that is thanks enough. I never tip either.

(The above statement is a lie, but I thought it would better fit the DS ethos)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blowjobs are my currency when it comes to thanking Mr bus driver
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooway wrote: »

is it a ring and ride bus?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no I do not. they are there to provide a service, they get paid a wage there is no need to thank them, they are just doing their job,

So you don't thank people who scan your food at the supermarket either? Or the police? What about doctors? Or those people you phone up when your Sky is playing up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    no I do not. they are there to provide a service, they get paid a wage there is no need to thank them, they are just doing their job

Aw, that's harsh! Do you just not thank anyone ever in that case if they're "just doing their job"? Must be awkward sometimes :p

I go the complete opposite, I thank everyone, a ridiculous amount. I thank cashiers about four times in one transaction - thank you when they take my items, thank you when they put it in the bag, thank you when they hand me my change, thank you when they hand me the bag. I need help :blush:
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooway wrote: »

uuurgh...taxi driver fair enough but the bus driver? In front of the other passengers??:)
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always did, just came natural.
    I haven't been on a bus or used a taxi for years now but if I did I would still thank them that is how I was brought up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it a ring and ride bus?

Oh wait...wait... no. I'm thinking of the bang bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    So you don't thank people who scan your food at the supermarket either? Or the police? What about doctors? Or those people you phone up when your Sky is playing up?

no i don't, why do i need to thank someone when they are their to provide help anyway, now if somebody helps me off their own back then i will say thnak you
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always say "thankyou" manners cost nothing.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I thank the bus driver/taxi driver/shop assistant whatever. Make a point of it.
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I always say "thankyou" manners cost nothing.

Exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Yeah, and I always used to say Cheers after walking off a bus.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    no, because thats their job, I don't to be fake and be over thankful to the bus driver. I would just walk off. (don't use buses alot)
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no i don't, why do i need to thank someone when they are their to provide help anyway, now if somebody helps me off their own back then i will say thnak you

You don't need to thank people who are paid to help you, but it's a polite, socially-interactive kinda thing to do. It's nice.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

I also haven't been on a bus for years as i can drive and own a very nice expensive car ^_^

I bet you do/did but this is DS isn't it, the land of make believe ;-)
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely take the bus but when I do I thank the driver and I would always do so unless they've been rude or anything, which has never happened (that I can remember).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghespetti wrote: »
    Yeah, and I always used to say Cheers after walking off a bus.

i find people who say cheers its so cheesy
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people have good manners, others don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    You don't need to thank people who are paid to help you, but it's a polite, socially-interactive kinda thing to do. It's nice.

i suppose it is but they should not expect it and i shouldn't have to feel forced to say it, i have a nice car anyway so i don't need to use the bus service
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thank everybody, it just comes automatically, I even thank the ATM when it dispenses my money though I could kick myself afterwards.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    I thank everybody, it just comes automatically, I even thank the ATM when it dispenses my money though I could kick myself afterwards.:blush:

seriously?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying they wouldn't - do you say thank you to cashiers/shop assistants?