Ordinary Lies - BBC1, Tuesdays at 9pm

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
Forum Member
✭✭
I see the trailer for this new six part drama has just been released. It has a decent cast, Danny Brocklehurst writing and a promising premise. Who else will be tuning in?

Comments

• boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Keegan looks great in the trailer.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's it about ?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    what's it about ?

Wouldn't it be nice if people could post some sort of summary or link from the website.
    I'm guess we're supposed to know what it's about by osmosis.
    BBC website is a bit cack on this too.
    BBC media centre http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/ordinarylies

We all tell little white lies everyday, be it for self-protection, success or love. But what happens when a spur-of-the-moment mistruth snowballs out of hand? Will the liar get away with it, or will the lie inevitably come undone, to devastating effect?

Set on the shopfloor and in the offices of a motor showroom, Ordinary Lies tells the story of how desperation can lead to drastic solutions, even in the most everyday of workplaces. Following an ordinary group of colleagues and friends, the witty drama reveals the extraordinary, gradual unravelling of each individual’s torrid lies and secrets which, on occasion, lead to life-shattering consequences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some well known faces like Jason Manford, Jo Joyner and Sally Lindsay will be appearing. There are six episodes centring around the private lives of all the employees of this car showroom, and I think each episode focuses on a specific character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than a week to go. I'm really looking forward to this!
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be watching. It will be great to have a decent drama to watch on a Tuesday again. This is very much in the same vein as Kay Melllor's Syndicate and In Da Club.

Great cast too. Max Beesley, Jo Joyner, Mackenzie Crook, Sally Lindsay, Michelle Keegan, Rebecca Callard and Jason Manford. Interested to see if Jason can step up to the plate.

Michelle said she couldn't put the script down. Lets hope all the skeletons in their closets make for good viewing.
  • MUFCFan2012MUFCFan2012 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this, was actually there watching them film a few scenes as it was being made in my hometown of Warrington :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/jason-manford-michelle-keegan-sally-8825786

Some more information about some of the characters- particularly Jason Manford"s character...
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like a primetime version of those Jimmy McGovern daytime dramas.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    This is probably the drama I've been looking forward to the least from BBC's slate of upcoming dramas, but I'll give it a go as I usually like dramas where each episode focuses on a different character/story each episode. I didn't expect much from In The Club either, and I ended up loving that.

Danny Brocklehurst is a good writer but I wasn't keen on his last series, The Driver, so I'm hoping this will be an improvement.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it, looks promising in the articles I've read this weekend but haven't seen any trailers yet.........
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was meant to be starting tonight?, according to the TV listings football is on instead.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on tomorrow night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with giving a stand-up comedian a major role in a TV Drama ?
    He's a comedian, not an actor.

I'm sure he'll be very good, but it must piss off every struggling actor who can't
    get a sniff of a f***ing BBC audition because every casting director wants an Eddie Izzard or a John Bishop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair we've seen comedians turn in some very memorable dramatic performances in the past:
    - Victoria Wood in Housewife 49
    - Bradley Walsh in Corrie
    - Billy Connolly in The Debt Collector
    - Kathy Burke in Nil by Mouth
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With any luck he will get good reviews and decide to go into acting permanently.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    .................Great cast too. .............., Rebecca Callard ....................Michelle said she couldn't put the script down........

So, a lot of ex-soap actresses, plus the daughter of a soap actress. Who, apparently, doesn't use her own name, but prefers one (her stepfather's ) linking her to that actress. Just in case any casting director should be in any doubt that she's entitled to parts because of her heritage.

Let's hope michelle eventually learned her lines.
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on tomorrow night.

So it is, silly me read the tv guide wrong :D
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure he'll be very good, but it must piss off every struggling actor who can't
    get a sniff of a f***ing BBC audition because every casting director wants an Eddie Izzard or a John Bishop.

actually jason manford is trained actor

jo joyner was saying on this morning today
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member

Well could it be they are "struggling" because they aren't very good actors? I think Jason Manford is inspired casting and I don't believe he would have got the part if he wasn't right for the job.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this - sounds right up my street, and I think Jason Manford will surprise us all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Starts tonight at 9PM on BBC ONE.

Anyone else watching? Saw a clip this morning and it looks pretty good.

Starring Jason Manford, Michelle Keegan and Jo Joyner among many others. Apparently it's based in a car showroom and how a lie can spiral out of control.
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the script writer involved with 'Shameless'? Not one of my favourite programmes. I'll give it a go though. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its had saturation promotion over the last few days which is not always a good thing. I'll give it a go though.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I saw another thread about this show earlier today. Perhaps the mods could merge ?

But yes - I will be tuning in. They have some big names, so hopefully it will be good.