Options

Qualcomm, iphone 64 bit just a marketing gimmick!!

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People at Apple are such givers. They'd do anything to make publishers happy.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its very naive to think they were doing it out of altruism.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I think its very naive to think they were doing it out of altruism.

There's always sarcasm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is indeed sarcasm. Lots of sarcasm. Usually works better when someone has actually said as much though.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at current trending fashion it would certainly appear that these are used as test bed for Samsung's 64 bit chip production.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/03/samsung_server_chip_speculation/

The new server battle is already becoming Atom versus ARM. When you consider that a server will contain up to 1440 of those same ARM CPU cores then you can see that Samsung will want to dominate that ARM server/ server supply market.

My thought is that 'Google TV' should become a home server too. It could even happen to Apple TV though the current trend is often to make them as functional as a brick.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Except I didn't really - all I really said there was a bit about how the book publishers were unhappy with their arrangement with Amazon.

That was factually correct - pointing that out isn't actually the same as either attributing blame or condoning the actions of either Apple or the publishers.

Given how many times you keep bringing this up, and the number of times I keep explaining that to you, is there a reason you keep saying that?

Except you did indeed argue this for weeks.

I bring it up because it was another situation you couldnt handle apple being caught out, and you did everything in your power to make apple look like the good guy. You can explain it as many times as you like. It makes no difference.

It might have been factually correct which we all knew anyway, but that wasn't the point. We were discussing what Apple did and how they were caught. Not Amazon!!

The one thing that does make me laugh about you, is how much you think you are correct and everyone else is wrong.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    You certainly butted in, in the sense that it was in the middle of an exchange between myself and someone else. Stating that you butted in is not the same as saying you are not allowed to butt in because it is after all a public forum where everyone is free to butt in whenever they like.

Oh, so now anyone who comments on any post is not butting in. Good to know......:rolleyes:
    Oh come on! You know as well as anyone that Apple seems to generate far more column inches, and generate far more anti sentiment, a lot of which is any one of irrational, distorted or simply untrue.

Nonsense. If anything happens to any tech company now it generates headlines. Stop thinking its just apple for christ sake. Maybe they did years ago, but that's not the case now and you know it. You seem to still think apple is a special case here and frankly it's becoming very very boring. Between you and tdenson you trot that sentence out week after week.
    And yes - I asked about that, because you had a go at me for questioning the difference between an exclusivity clause and a bribe. Given that it absolutely was ridiculous, there was nothing imbecilic, pathetic or childish about it.

I never had a go at you at all about that!! I had a go because of that particular childish rant you keep throwing about.."oh must be because its apple.."

Rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Oh, so now anyone who comments on any post is not butting in. Good to know......:rolleyes:

Nonsense. If anything happens to any tech company now it generates headlines. Stop thinking its just apple for christ sake. Maybe they did years ago, but that's not the case now and you know it. You seem to still think apple is a special case here and frankly it's becoming very very boring. Between you and tdenson you trot that sentence out week after week.

I never had a go at you at all about that!! I had a go because of that particular childish rant you keep throwing about.."oh must be because its apple.."

Rubbish.

Roll your eyes all you like - if you want to analyse that phrase to the nth degree its up to you.

A lot gets written about a lot of companies, but I don't think quite so much nonsense gets written about many companies as much as gets written about Apple.

Childish rant now is it? All I said was this:

But hey! This is Apple, so it must be bribery.

Hardly a rant.

This is all nonsense anyway - rubbish like that gets posted, and I'm the one being childish?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Except you did indeed argue this for weeks.

I bring it up because it was another situation you couldnt handle apple being caught out, and you did everything in your power to make apple look like the good guy. You can explain it as many times as you like. It makes no difference.

It might have been factually correct which we all knew anyway, but that wasn't the point. We were discussing what Apple did and how they were caught. Not Amazon!!

The one thing that does make me laugh about you, is how much you think you are correct and everyone else is wrong.

That's not my recollection.

My recollection is that a lot of that was about whether or not I'd actually blamed anyone, and not about whether or not Amazon were to blame.

The argument was not:

Me: Amazon are to blame!

Other: No - Amazon are not to blame.

It was:

Other: Why are you blaming Amazon?

Me: I'm not blaming Amazon.
  • Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if his new role "leading our exploration of certain enterprise related initiatives" will put him in charge of any of Qualcomm's 64-bit ARMv8 enterprise targeted products.

That would be extremely ironic :D
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see that Qualcomm recognised it for misguided propaganda and have done something about it.

Shame others cannot show the same humility.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was always a stupid thing for Qualcomm to say, especially when they will likely have a 64 bit chip out next year.

The guy is lucky he wasn't sacked tbh.