Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought when we signed him and I still think now that it's inevitable he will go. Similar to Cesc when he was at Arsenal. I still think De Gea will continue to grow and improve and eventually he'll want to move back. And who can blame him, he'll be paid just as much, and not have the daily difficulties of conversing in a foreign language, sh1tty English weather and he'll get to live where his girlfriend lives.

When I worked in Spain I realised just how much Spain is very different from pretty much every other European country.

Price wise, we paid 18m for him, I would like to think 40m is about right (more likely if he's off to Madrid). As to who will replace him, Butland would be a good call, or stick with a northern European who is less likely to be lured away by the sunshine.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was very, very, good then, but if I am getting my timings right, was Oliver Kahn not just as good as him then (or regarded as such)?
    Also I think we at the time had someone who might have been in the running for any title of best keeper in the world.
    Ahh right, sorry, I was unsure over the timings, thanks for the correction.
    The fee at the time was a huge one, so I would think a fee that would be huge would be required for De Gea, quite how much, well that is I think what we are trying to decide upon.

Shock horror, batdude gets something wrong, again.

Let me guess you just want a good conversation...?

It's odd that you get something like this wrong, but can somehow remember every player with blonde hair that United have signed within the past decade..
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kierenj wrote: »
    As to who will replace him, Butland would be a good call

Odd choice.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mirror reckon that we're looking to double De Gea's wages, to £120,000 a week.

If that's what it takes, then I'm all for it.

In other news, Raphael Varane has claimed that he turned down a move to United in 2011, because we'd just signed Phil Jones.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirror reckon that we're looking to double De Gea's wages, to £120,000 a week.

In other news, Raphael Varane has claimed that he turned down a move to United in 2011, because we'd just signed Phil Jones.

Wow, De Gea is only on 60k ?

It'd definitely be worth signing him to a long term deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you believe The Mirror.

Considering how young he was when we signed him, and that he's presumably still on his first contract with us, then I guess that it makes sense.

However, I agree that we should be re-signing him up, ASAP.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not watching any of the international matches tonight, im favouriting things on my You-Tube account.

Does anyone else have a You-Tube account, and if so what sort of things do you upload and favourite.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Im not watching any of the international matches tonight, im favouriting thinks on my You-Tube account.

Does anyone else have a You-Tube account, and if so what sort of things do you upload and favourite.

I am ancient and have no knowledge of which you speak. I have heard of this You
    Tube thing but did not know that you needed an account to thingummy stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »

Nice :)

Ive been listening and downloading some Guns and Roses for a bit tonight:).
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd usually be in your position Joey, but since this new UEFA format started, it's been absolutely brilliant.

Still, glad to get back to the proper stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice :)

Ive been listening and downloading some Guns and Roses for a bit tonight:).

Hopefully the original Guns.

Not the rubbish that Axl tries to pass off as G 'n' R, these days.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt Varane has a rubber like face with an amazing array of expressions that he can produce at will.

A no brainer really. :D
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Axl Rose & Friends, as I call them.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It'd definitely be worth signing him to a long term deal.
    Shocked to find out he is only on £60 thousand a week. How much was he on at Athletico? £8.50 and enough doughnuts to last a life time?

They really do need to sign him to a long term contract on upto £160,000 performance related maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axl Rose & Friends, as I call them.

'Axl Rose and Employees' would probably be more appropriate.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Axl rose is a first class tit, cant wait till cobain kicks his ass in heaven.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Axl rose is a first class tit, cant wait till cobain kicks his ass in heaven.

I can see them both fighting over amy whinehouse or Brittany Murphy who both like bad boys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Certainly was, original is best - Love Slash :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from the papers

The Sun

Norway whizkid Martin Odegaard is set to spark a bidding war between Manchester United and City.

The midfielder became the youngest player in Euro Championship history at 15 year and 300 days.

City hope their links with the whizkids Norwegian club Stromsgodset will help them beat their rivals - and other top clubs - the midfielders signature.

He had a trial at United, who were early favourites to capture him. But City already have three of their young prospects at Stromsgodset as part of a special relationship.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Juventus are also keeping an eye on the situation.

Odegaard would cost more then £1million and has personal demands of around £1m, a year, plus extras quoted to interested parties.

He does not have an agent but is looked after by his dad Hans Erik.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine has just told me that Sky are tweeting that people who want to work for them to contact them @workforsky told him to go for it its just the sort of job he would excel at, and a big organization like that - just has to wait and hear from them.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Looking ahead to the weekend and checking all the fixtures due before we play on Monday, it looks to me like we will drop to 6th or 7th, 8th at worst, before hopefully regaining our rightful top 4 place again with a win against West Brom! :cool:

The situation is somewhat better than it was just before our last match, as we could then have dropped as low as 16th had we lost! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The table, at this point, is borderline irrelevant.

All that matters right now is winning games. And Liverpool losing, of course.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Winning is even more important of course but don't underestimate the confidence boost of having a decent position in the table, especially with the two big games coming up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    On the contrary, I think our top 4 position is good for confidence, and that will be important ahead of the two big games almost upon us.

Winning games is better for confidence than our league position at such an early stage, in my opinion.

We've just won two on the spin. That can only be of benefit. Especially the Everton result.
This discussion has been closed.