Options

Panic - On Demand & Software update - Jumping to conclusions!

cidermanciderman Posts: 85
Forum Member
Well I've been waiting for the software update to my Samsung box. Well last night it did so I started to explore. Strangely - On Demand Fail! Connected to network OK. My internet is OK so I jumped to the conclusion that the update had broken it.

Well tried not to lose my cool and discovered that the Sky status page shows problems with On Demand.

And Relax!

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    ciderman wrote: »
    Well I've been waiting for the software update to my Samsung box. Well last night it did so I started to explore. Strangely - On Demand Fail! Connected to network OK. My internet is OK so I jumped to the conclusion that the update had broken it.

Well tried not to lose my cool and discovered that the Sky status page shows problems with On Demand.

And Relax!

Often a wise move after you get this update to reboot the box. Often resolves apparent issues like this. No apparent problem with On Demand on my boxes.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was down about 5am this morning when I woke up. I did the usual reboot, but no luck. Didn't think of looking at the status page.
  • Options
    Robin CroryRobin Crory Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Sooo... Panic over? Noticed a problem but found out the cause and still decided to start a thread? I bought a melon the other day. I was panicking that it had gone out of date, but I smelled it, and tasted it, and researched the out of dateness on the internet and it turned out I had nothing to worry about, so I ate it. And then posted it all on the internet, just to be sure, to be sure.

Sorry, pointless post. It's late, I've perhaps rolled my eyes once too often. And blahhh.
  • Options
    cidermanciderman Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Hi Robin

Thanks for the sarcastic (pointless) post.. I merely posted in case other people had their box updated and like me had lost on demand. Sorry if my attempt at being helpful didn't meet your standard for posts on this forum.

Sorry about the melon.
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo... Panic over? Noticed a problem but found out the cause and still decided to start a thread? I bought a melon the other day. I was panicking that it had gone out of date, but I smelled it, and tasted it, and researched the out of dateness on the internet and it turned out I had nothing to worry about, so I ate it. And then posted it all on the internet, just to be sure, to be sure.

Sorry, pointless post. It's late, I've perhaps rolled my eyes once too often. And blahhh.

Looking at the time of your post, I would say you need to go to bed earlier. It might be a cure for your sarcasm :p