Options

What is this type of cosmetic surgery ?

BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The link is a photo of Olivia Newton John as she is now. Her face has that familiar look that women in their 60's and 70's often get to try and look younger, but I can't figure out what has been done. Is it just a face lift ? Or the lips ?

http://www.storespace.net/olivia.png

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, she's ruined her face. She had such a cute looking face before. Then again, it could be because she's taking medication that has side effects that causes that.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I'd had a warning before clicking on that link. :o
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    The link is a photo of Olivia Newton John as she is now. Her face has that familiar look that women in their 60's and 70's often get to try and look younger, but I can't figure out what has been done. Is it just a face lift ? Or the lips ?

Looks like a mix of dermal fillers and botox. Not a good look.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facelift and poorly done fat grafting :(
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Awful! Fillers never look good but a subtle face lift can.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Partial face lift, fillers and botox. The scarf is hiding the fact that she didn't have a full face lift. The fillers in her cheeks and lips have been over done.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame, she was so pretty before :(
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »

Is generally known as the 'F**** your face up surgery'

tragic really !
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have recognized her. What a shame she has done this to her face.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Pillow face
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked at how she looks,why do they do it,she looked miles better before.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    What a shame, she was so pretty before :(

Yeah, 40 years ago. She is mid 60s. It's tough to decide to age naturally or go for the surgery and fillers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds really nasty to say but she looks like someone who got disfigured in an accident, or who was born deformed. :o:blush:

I don't know how the cosmetic surgeons who happily mutilate people who had nothing wrong with them can live with themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Yeah, 40 years ago. She is mid 60s. It's tough to decide to age naturally or go for the surgery and fillers.

The trouble is, some out there can't let nature take its course. Once your skin starts aging, that's it. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of looking after themselves food wise, they just get botox and continue to eat rubbish food. If they do eat the right things, they've probably decided that the fruit isn't doing what they want it to do, so they then go and injected with botox. It's a bit like masking your skin's true age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

How do you know that Christie's had work done?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    How do you know that Christie's had work done?

Erm, educated guess, she's 60 years of age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    Shocked at how she looks,why do they do it,she looked miles better before.

They do it because not all women come out looking like that and think they will be one of the lucky ones, when surgery is done well, most people would find the woman more attractive than the woman who's just let herself naturally age. Sorry but it's the truth. Too many women on telly that should have wrinkles but don't and it's so obvious they have had surgery but their beauty and the fact they don't appear to have aged is celebrated and praised by men/women and the media.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Looks like a mix of dermal fillers and botox. Not a good look.

Plus cheek implants.

I don't know why women do this to themselves (and some men, too). They never, ever look younger, just plastic and plain wrong!
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't look terrible but she does look a little lumpy in the face? Maybe it's the lighting.

Anyone see the cosmetic surgery prog a week or so ago about dermal fillers going lumpy and migrating around the face? Quite often it takes your body several YEARS to reject foreign substances. All these lumps suddenly flare up years later and you can't necessarily find the surgeon who originally did it.

Really bad, apparently it's unregulated (fillers) and anybody can train to do it.

Leave your face alone. Just eat well, drink plenty of water and slap on some good moisturiser and a little suncream in summer.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

It is possible to still be attractive in your 60's without surgery ;-)
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pillow face effect. She's has too many fillers. You can also tell that she's had botox, because she has that weird "wrinkly nose" frozen expression when she's trying to smile. This is because with extensive botox, the only thing left able to truly move is the nose. Although you can inject the "bunny lines" in the middle of the nose too, you can't inject the ones on the side.
  • Options
    julicovajulicova Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    That pic of Christie Brinkley is absolutely amazing. She barely looks over 35.

On the other hand, the very gorgeous ONJ looks dreadful. So sad to see. IMO she was absolute perfection in her youth.

I think you can look good without surgery in your 60s, but you probably will look your age - or maybe a bit younger. You are certainly never going to look as good as Christie.

If I was in the limelight I would be very tempted to have surgery and treatments such as botox and fillers, but you would have to be very careful choosing your surgeon and be sure not to have too much work done. I think the key is not to do too much. You can look good with some treatments but you have to know when to call it a day.

I think the problem is having something done and getting compliments so you carry on and look prospective on how you actually look. Women start loving the plastic smooth look eg Sharon Osborne looks great for a long while with her treatments but is now starting to look weird.

It's a question of balance.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julicova wrote: »
    That pic of Christie Brinkley is absolutely amazing. She barely looks over 35.

On the other hand, the very gorgeous ONJ looks dreadful. So sad to see. IMO she was absolute perfection in her youth.

I think you can look good without surgery in your 60s, but you probably will look your age - or maybe a bit younger. You are certainly never going to look as good as Christie.

If I was in the limelight I would be very tempted to have surgery and treatments such as botox and fillers, but you would have to be very careful choosing your surgeon and be sure not to have too much work done. I think the key is not to do too much. You can look good with some treatments but you have to know when to call it a day.

I think the problem is having something done and getting compliments so you carry on and look prospective on how you actually look. Women start loving the plastic smooth look eg Sharon Osborne looks great for a long while with her treatments but is now starting to look weird.

It's a question of balance.

So you are quite convinced that Christie Brinkley's looks are not down to (at least in part) very expensive and top-level private medical surgery treatments over the years? Because there are plenty of comments that claim she carries the hallmarks of nose job, fillers and whatnot.

I don't know, her looks could be down to good genes and a good diet, in which case why shouldn't anyone else potentially be able to get those results at 60? There's every chance Christie Brinkley can afford, and has, had surgery in her line of work over the years. It's subtle and it's excellent if so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Erm, educated guess, she's 60 years of age.

She might have had work done but some people look good for their age.