Options

Should Mel B return next year

PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
Forum Member
Last night was her worst performance as mentor. Paul,Andrea and Jack all appeared uncomfortable with their song choices, and Andrea does not need to look so stupid in GOLD!!!!!

With the pursuit of her own goals, she has forgotten that she is there to help them attain a future in the music world. As a judge she is supposed to give professional opinions, but she just laughed at Stevie, who did give a good performance. He also looked mystified and uncomfortable, which is usually difficult for him. This is not all.

She is rough and rude/crude with no regard to the fact that this is a family show. Last night for instance she said to Ben 'he was so hot, and she wanted to rush home to her husband just now'. Is this the level that X Factor has gone to, to try and raise the viewing figures.?

Comments

• Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pattfrance wrote: »
    Last night was her worst performance as mentor. Paul,Andrea and Jack all appeared uncomfortable with their song choices, and Andrea does not need to look so stupid in GOLD!!!!!

With the pursuit of her own goals, she has forgotten that she is there to help them attain a future in the music world. As a judge she is supposed to give professional opinions, but she just laughed at Stevie, who did give a good performance. He also looked mystified and uncomfortable, which is usually difficult for him. This is not all.

She is rough and rude/crude with no regard to the fact that this is a family show. Last night for instance she said to Ben 'he was so hot, and she wanted to rush home to her husband just now'. Is this the level that X Factor has gone to, to try and raise the viewing figures.?

She's "gobby", no finesse about her at all, She should not return
    BTW Does she have a husband?
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's "gobby", no finesse about her at all, She should not return
    BTW Does she have a husband?

I thought she does...Stephen Belafonte????...why u ask???...
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a difficult one. She's a good judge, but not the best of mentors. At least she speaks a bit of truth, though. To be honest, she's not really a huge issue. In terms of the panel, it's Louis and Cheryl who need removing. Cheryl especially. I was a huge fan of hers before this series, but this year, she's just awful. Get her gone.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    tulisa.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a huge pain in the arse and that quite a feat sitting beside the Geordie Goddess.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure she will be replaced by tulisa
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope she goes. At the beginning in the auditions I liked her but since live shows, she has shown she cant mentor and people rave about her as a judge, but I just cant see it. She slated anybody that might be a risk to her no matter how good they are and raves about her boys even when they mess up big time.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I think it's a difficult one. She's a good judge, but not the best of mentors. At least she speaks a bit of truth, though. To be honest, she's not really a huge issue. In terms of the panel, it's Louis and Cheryl who need removing. Cheryl especially. I was a huge fan of hers before this series, but this year, she's just awful. Get her gone.

I don't think Mel is a very good judge at all, she is too bias to her own acts most of the time and she cannot take criticism of them or herself. I think that Mel and Louis could go next year and not be missed. As for Cheryl I personally think she is one of the best mentors and judges they have had as she completely proved last night with Lauren. She got Lauren over her wobble and got her to harden up for the music industry just like she has had to do in her time in Girls Aloud and as a solo artist.

Cheryl is a good example to youngsters that are trying to make it as she will show tonight with her new song going to number 1 in the I tunes charts! I think that Cheryl is also very fair with the other judges acts and is never backwards in coming forwards of giving them masses of praise if she thinks they are good like she has done with Fleur, Stevie, Only the young, Paul and Andrea!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    I do hope she goes. At the beginning in the auditions I liked her but since live shows, she has shown she cant mentor and people rave about her as a judge, but I just cant see it. She slated anybody that might be a risk to her no matter how good they are and raves about her boys even when they mess up big time.

Exactly this!
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's FAR too shouty and aggressive. I do hope this is her last season. :(
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not overly keen on Mel B being back next year. I'm finding Mel B to be a bit hard faced and I'm not enjoying listening to her on a weekly basis. I either want Nicole back or Anastacia given the full time job :D
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    She's honest and a good judge but I hate her as a mentor. But I can't stand Cheryl either, I liked it best with Sharon and Dannii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I'm not overly keen on Mel B being back next year. I'm finding Mel B to be a bit hard faced and I'm not enjoying listening to her on a weekly basis. I either want Nicole back or Anastacia given the full time job :D

I agree with Nicole. She was a very good mentor, extremely hardworking, even helping those not of her group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SandraMc wrote: »
    She's honest and a good judge but I hate her as a mentor. But I can't stand Cheryl either, I liked it best with Sharon and Dannii.

Dannii was excellent, but just not available now, but Nicole is. I think she expected to be given the chance. She bought a house in UK and I know she states she loves England etc.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    After last night. ....no chance!!!

Thought she would be great for this category aand the show on a whole. ....how wrong waas I???
  • Options
    sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Mel is a very good judge at all, she is too bias to her own acts most of the time and she cannot take criticism of them or herself. I think that Mel and Louis could go next year and not be missed. As for Cheryl I personally think she is one of the best mentors and judges they have had as she completely proved last night with Lauren. She got Lauren over her wobble and got her to harden up for the music industry just like she has had to do in her time in Girls Aloud and as a solo artist.

Cheryl is a good example to youngsters that are trying to make it as she will show tonight with her new song going to number 1 in the I tunes charts! I think that Cheryl is also very fair with the other judges acts and is never backwards in coming forwards of giving them masses of praise if she thinks they are good like she has done with Fleur, Stevie, Only the young, Paul and Andrea!

I agree Cheryl's always been a good judge in my books too always picked the right acts and generally picks the right songs for them to sing as well. I wouldn't say she always gets things 100% perfect but at least 90% of the time she does and I think she really helps her acts too and she deserves a lot of credit for that. She's been through this process herself when she auditioned for Girls Aloud so she knows the process and how tricky it can be. So really I think she's as close to perfect for the role I think as anyone can be.
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had much time for Cheryl, but this year she is the best of the mentors and really seems interested in her acts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KathySpark wrote: »
    Never had much time for Cheryl, but this year she is the best of the mentors and really seems interested in her acts.

Agree, Cheryl has been the best and I would not see her replaced. Mel B appears to already have been signed for a second year and I think this is a mistake, she does need replaced. Also Louis has not really helped his groups, who have commented on wanting their own choice of songs, with a definite improvement when they did.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel, although truthful, is mean, hard faced and crude with it. She is as rough as, and I think she should go. Although she was in a very successful band, her glory days are a long time behind her, and does she even record any more? What is her relevance these days? Cheryl is not greatly talented but at least she is still recording so you can see why she is on the panel (although there are better people out there). Louis needs to go. He is like a pair of slippers that has been around too long.
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I love Mel! She may be hard-faced and a little aggressive, but she is straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. I also think Cheryl has come back a much better judge and mentor than she was previously. I'd like to see the whole panel return next year.
  • Options
    cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Want her replaced by either Nicole, Tulisa, or Anastasia.

I'd love a panel of Simon-Tulisa-Anastasia-Nicole.
    Have 3 women like they did on X Factor USA
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her acts should just pick their own songs, she's getting it so wrong. The best singer in the competition is in danger of going because of a rubbish song
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered with Mel so much but hope Cheryl doesn't return. The show's so down when she's around.

I liked Nicole and Tulisa best..... and Danni wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a strong group of girls on Aussie XF in 2011, ruined them all with awful me for if so they were the first two out and then 6th and she came back for 2012 :p So I wouldn't be surprised to see her back, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they asked her back for the Aussie version, I think we'll see her on one or the other anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She had a strong group of girls on Aussie XF in 2011, ruined them all with awful me for if so they were the first two out and then 6th and she came back for 2012 :p So I wouldn't be surprised to see her back, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they asked her back for the Aussie version, I think we'll see her on one or the other anyway.

It is difficult to understand if as you say she made a mess of it in 2011, why they invited her back in 2012. I do not see her as an amazing celeb., not on her own. Anyway her continual acceptance as a judge/mentor should be based on accepted ability to do the job. This is the case with any job. These celebs taking on the responsibility of judge/mentor should understand that they are not enhancing their position but their team of contestants. Anyone who cannot do this, should not be there.

I think Nicole and Dannii showed these characteristics. I just hope that Mel B does not come back as she does not have the required ability to do the job well.