Options

Nexus 7 slowing freezing

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My N7 seems to freeze now and again, I wonder if doing a reset would solve it. Only started about a week ago and I must admit I did fill the memory almost up with music, and films before I went into hospital, most have been deleted now.
Never been reset sine I had it.

Comments

• Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines doing it too. Strange it coincides with the launch of the Nexus 9. Im convinced manufacturers put timers in things for them to **** up when new models are launched.

You can try this whilst saving up for the 9

http://www.robschmuecker.com/fix-nexus-7-lag/
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 2012 Nexus 7 ground to a halt a few weeks ago. I did a full factory rest and that helped but it still locks up occasionally. I'll think about a N9 in the New Year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »
    Mines doing it too. Strange it coincides with the launch of the Nexus 9. Im convinced manufacturers put timers in things for them to **** up when new models are launched.

You can try this whilst saving up for the 9

http://www.robschmuecker.com/fix-nexus-7-lag/

Thanks, i will try that, you could be right or maybe they are doing it so we will update to the new Android 5 once they get it right and working on the N7.

I noticed my N4 playing up this morning as well, for some reason it was acting slow, not freezing, just slow. Maybe this is to get me to update to Android.

As for going for the Nexus 9, nah, I am not going to buy another tablet, I did think at one point I would not mind you with a larger screen, but to be honest I do not use mine enough as it is.

Ok, I just tried it and it seems to have made a difference, lets see if it lasts.

thank you once again.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    I would check and see if you have had the lollipop up date?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    I would check and see if you have had the lollipop up date?

No, still Kitkat, I have not had a update notification on the N7, I have one on the N4, but I have not updated it. I do nto really want to, but the notification is annoying me.
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent got it on my 7 but do on my 4 and its running fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been here before on another thread. I am happy with kitkat, I do not like the look of Android 5.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 2013 Nexus 7 is as good as ever. No Lollipop update yet, and won't be downloading it either, given the problems it's caused with the 2012 N7.
  • Options
    zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here had it a couple of days on my 4, running ok and starting to notice a slight improvment in battery
    Am not going to update 7 (2012 & 13 ) until I read good notices for lollipop
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    This is odd. My nexus 7 keeps buggering up as well!
    I have never known it to be slow, its crashing a lot as well and I find I'm having to keep switching it off and on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    This is odd. My nexus 7 keeps buggering up as well!
    I have never known it to be slow, its crashing a lot as well and I find I'm having to keep switching it off and on

Try the link charger21 posted, it sorted mine out for now anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Try the link charger21 posted, it sorted mine out for now anyway.

I've just tried it too and it seems to have speeded up my 2012 N7 significantly. I have the 3G model so I'm still waiting for the Lollipop release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seemed to have slowed down again this morning, Dolphin keeps freezing for some reason. A reset it is by the seems of it. but i will do that later on.
  • Options
    hedsashedhedsashed Posts: 2,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Mine seemed to have slowed down again this morning, Dolphin keeps freezing for some reason. A reset it is by the seems of it. but i will do that later on.

Been searching all over the place for a thread like this to try and sort the same problem out, done a full reset already ( lost all photo's on it ) :cry: Still running like shite.

Had a look at the link charger posted and going to give that a go tomorrow, here's hoping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 2012 N7 goes very slugish occasionally. Usually wiping the cache partition helps. However, it's really starting to annoy me now so I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer tablet - although I am underwhelmed by the Nexus 9 (wrong size & shape and too expensive) so I may have to switch to a Samsung device.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did read somewhere (wish I'd saved it) that if the memory drops below about 3GB, the tablet will start freezing and lagging. That's irrespective of updates.

So watch your storage space. Apps take up a lot, as do videos.