Options

1 Direction's amazing vocal performance

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harry was singing with him you cant mistake that voice it was deffinatly harry and zayn singing it so no they werent miming
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    This is a competition remember! Matt would be the first to have a go about something unfair like that.

I also don't believe (if true) everyone involved wouldn't say something by now. I reckon if the boys did an apacella performance and were off key you would still say it is the backing track!

You just can't believe that 5 young lads with fairly good voices can't sing together in tune!!

exactly i can tell that harry was singing along with him i can tell harrys voice anywhere so it was deffinatly harry and zayn singing together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I also don't believe (if true) everyone involved wouldn't say something by now. I reckon if the boys did an apacella performance and were off key you would still say it is the backing track!
    QUOTE]

Horrible memories of the "successful" girl group Atomic Kitten once being thrown in at the deep end and had to actually sing live. Hmmm...
  • Options
    spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harry was singing with him you cant mistake that voice it was deffinatly harry and zayn singing it so no they werent miming

........and Zayn just decided to stop singing halfway through that line? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spikydog wrote: »
    ........and Zayn just decided to stop singing halfway through that line? :p

he wasnt in rehersals all week so he might not have realised but you could tell that it was harry singing with him
  • Options
    Ffion18Ffion18 Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Yeah that was Harry's voice not Zayn's
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about the technicalities of music ( soundrecordings etc ) but there is definately something strange about all of One Direction's performances ... almost as if they were produced and adjusted in a recording studio

Any techi experts out ther who could explain why that is ?
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the OP has proved that One Direction don't mime. Mary on the other hand, one of her songs had the note still coming out when she had dropped her mike. Mime or accoustics?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not miming. The XFactor would not risk something like that. Do you not think SOMEONE would have said something if they were miming - Matt, Rebecca, Cher, Mary, a Producer,The Judges, Dermot, Konnie, a Sound Technician, The Guy that works in the Cafe, The Guy that drives them around everywhere etc...

It IS Harry's voice after Zayn stops singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Whole bloody thing is a sham. Their mikes are turned down low and the backing is turned up high, thus making them sound like they can sing - in tune! Crap.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound Engineer 1: "Oh shit it's Wand Erection next"

Sound Engineer 2: "Better get out the special amplifier then"

SE 1 : "Which one is that?"

SE 2 : "The one where the volume goes up to 11"

SE1 : "But they only go up to 10"

SE2 : "I know but this is a special one we've been told to
    use for their backing track"

SE1 : "Won't the audience notice?"

SE2: "Nah we use the same one for the sound of their applause as well"

SE1: "But people at home will think they must sound great in the studio!"

SE2 "That's the idea dummy"

copied from another thread...can't be bothered to re-type ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread title alone cracks me up.
  • Options
    SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »
    From what I could tell, they pre-record the song for backing (at least thats what it seems with their 1st song tonight)... b/c the part that most people are probably thinking about (1.46) is when Zayn held a note out a second of two short. But the note that continued definitely sound like a continuation of his voice from a prerecorded backing.

This seems to happen most with Zayn- my thoughts are that one he tend to do more backing, echo, etc (where as Harry and Liam doing lead almost always sound live). Also Zayn's echo backing seems to be more on the fly, lending itself to the runs having a slightly less consistent length each time it is sung... hence his relaxed prerecorded track being a second or two longer in the part tonight..... Yet when Zayn was singing the solo section it appear all live.

I may be wrong, but I think this is more of an issue with the two (or three) backup singers getting used to working with their voice on the backing track.... as they both tried out as solo acts so its probably been a little adjustment. (Where as Liam, Harry are still essentially sing more lead, so less adjustment to get used to).

I posted this on a different thread regarding the backing, but it seems to apply here regarding the 1.46 spot I referenced above.