Options

Fowl DS headline

GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A man in Falmouth, Cornwall has opened up a hotel for chickens.

David Roberts has launched the business on his farm in Boskenwyn, near Helston, for chicken owners who are going on holiday, the Falmouth Packet reports.

Roberts said: "At first, when we started this venture, people thought it was some sort of a joke, but we were completely booked up over Christmas time and we hope that half term and Easter might be as successful."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a300725/man-opens-hotel-for-chickens.html

Comments

• Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well chickens are the new pet of choice for the lavender hill mob.

Edit - I mean Notting hill set possibly... erm not sure what I mean now :(

Primrose hill?
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's superb! When my cousin the dairy farmer goes on hols he gets a freelance farmer in. Mind you, don't think there's such a thing as a cow hotel.
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    That's superb! When my cousin the dairy farmer goes on hols he gets a freelance farmer in. Mind you, don't think there's such a thing as a cow hotel.

I haven't herd of one ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great idea, but isn't there a restriction about moving chickens and livestock about? Think I heard (maybe wrong, or going a bit mad!) that you can't move them from place to place willy nilly due to foot and mouth?
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phasenine wrote: »
    It's a great idea, but isn't there a restriction about moving chickens and livestock about? Think I heard (maybe wrong, or going a bit mad!) that you can't move them from place to place willy nilly due to foot and mouth?

beak and claw
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    I haven't herd of one ;)

Badoom and *tish* to you!
    phasenine wrote: »

Foot and mouth only affects the cloven-footed beasties, apparently, but I think you had to get permission to move birds when the old bird flu was around.

/defra
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Falmouth Packet??!