Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi I'm new! Nice to meet you all!:)

Comments

• jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello, hope you're well. Hope you have a good time here - they're not a bad bunch really :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Och Aye the noo, Im scoatish!

Hope you enjoy your stay, make sure you mention at least once
    jenny, the guy from series one that got a thing stuck in his head adam, sally sparrow, rose and omega/rani/rassilon/the bandit/the elf/susan/the other/the war king/the other one I cant remember who was mates with the doctor

they will love you for it!
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member

You might want to drop in at the Inn and introduce yourself. Just be aware we are a strange lot :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to drop in at the Inn and introduce yourself. Just be aware we are a strange lot :p

Good! I like strange people!:)
  • thatjonesboythatjonesboy Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    Hello, hope you're well. Hope you have a good time here - they're not a bad bunch really :)

Welcome whatever you do do not mention dr who canon (official storyline belief) you will be crucified for it lol :D
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or the Doctor Who Fans thread :D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Welcome 'Littlesnowbear' to this forum.
    It can get a bit argumentative at times, but just ignore the buggers and carry on.
    It also helps if you have knowledge of 'Old Classic Who' too.
    On the whole, I've found it to be a friendly forum actually!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS and welcome to the DW forum. :D
    Just avoid the Arsenal or Liverpool forums in the sports section. You get 1 week bans straight away ;):confused:
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello littlesnowbear.:)

That's a cute username, btw.

I second what Webslark said. The Fan's Thread is always friendly and you are always welcome there.

I hope you enjoy posting on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Mad House.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Och Aye the noo, Im scoatish!

are you? if you are im glad. was beginning to think it was just me, what with the agenda conspiricies etc.

Well said Bruce, as current landlord of the inn i formally welcome you to join us for a drink, we are a friendly lot, no spoilers please, they can be left on the step outside, see you in there!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Just make sure you vote Silurian in the upcoming who elections and your stay here will be very comfortable. ;)

http://i56.tinypic.com/6fca6p.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take no notice of any party political broadcasts in this thread.

Carefully read the election thread and then make your mind up to vote Troughton.;):D
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome!
    In the upcoming Election, it will be in your interest to vote for The Silence Party.
    You should vote for us on sight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member

Carefully read the election thread and then make your mind up to vote Troughton.;):D

Quiet you! :mad:

:p
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi and welcome:)

I was new a few months ago and it wasn't long until i felt at home, everyone is polite and friendly.. very little times are there disputes. Hope you enjoy the threads! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quiet you! :mad:

:p

:p to you too!

:mad:

(Ignore us, littlesnowbear, it's just incisive and cutting political repartee.:D:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :p to you too!

:mad:

(Ignore us, littlesnowbear, it's just incisive and cutting political repartee.:D:D)

To Silence both of them, vote The Silence Party!
    You should vote for us on sight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I'm new also, been a fan of classic who since 1982 (when I was under one! I still remember watching it before even being able to walk), between 1990 and 1992 I read pretty much all of the book adaptations of the Dr Who serials up to that point. Please don't shoot me for saying this but at first I wasn't too impressed with NuWho when it came back; thought a lot of the Eccleston stories were a bit childish and silly and also thought the new show focused a bit too much on special effects and action as opposed to in depth stories; whereas I considered classic who had a good balance of both. I watched maybe two of the Eccleston episodes; a handful of Tennant's and then my other half was working late last year and 11th hour happened to be on the iplayer, I watched it and thought this was much better and closer to the essence of classic who but for various reasons I never ended up watching again until this series, again saw TIA on iplayer and the rest is history; and my other half and I are now catching up on the rest of series 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect littlesnowbear has run off in terror by now, what with being threatened with silence falling and everything.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ignore all these other Parties. Vote Davison. Friendly and always willing to help, just like this forum! :D
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the other big tip on this forum, please try and not get into or start a debate on RTD V SM, you'll never hear the end of it! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm new also, been a fan of classic who since 1982 (when I was under one! I still remember watching it before even being able to walk), between 1990 and 1992 I read pretty much all of the book adaptations of the Dr Who serials up to that point. Please don't shoot me for saying this but at first I wasn't too impressed with NuWho when it came back; thought a lot of the Eccleston stories were a bit childish and silly and also thought the new show focused a bit too much on special effects and action as opposed to in depth stories; whereas I considered classic who had a good balance of both. I watched maybe two of the Eccleston episodes; a handful of Tennant's and then my other half was working late last year and 11th hour happened to be on the iplayer, I watched it and thought this was much better and closer to the essence of classic who but for various reasons I never ended up watching again until this series, again saw TIA on iplayer and the rest is history; and my other half and I are now catching up on the rest of series 5.

I recommend watching Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Specials also. I've liked every episode, so there's a good chance you'll like some of them.
    Also Series 5 Episodes 8 and 9 (The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood) have a noticeably classic feel, so you should enjoy them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome to you as well, astroganger :)

Actually I felt much the same about Series 1 of new Who, but recovered my enthusiasm in the Tennant era. (Ten is my Doctor, but I love Matt as well:D)

Glad you're enjoying this series. I hope you like series 5 as much.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the other big tip on this forum, please try and not get into or start a debate on RTD V SM, you'll never hear the end of it! :D

Argh, look what you've done! It'll be the Gay Agenda vs. the Scottish Agenda for the rest of this thread now!