Options

Do you think this years EE Xmas Day episode is their most important?

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's a known fact that EE picks up a lot more viewers for their festive episode(s). Due to the soap struggling with viewers this year, I think if people watch the Xmas day show and its great they'll be more inclined to stick with it and give it another go. Whereas if they serve up the tripe that lost viewers in the first place they'll just stay away til next Xmas.
Do you agree with me at all and do you think this was in any of TPTB heads when planning it?

Comments

• Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Day is an important day for the BBC in general. It's why they roll out their strongest products.
  • Options
    kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be. It's sink or swim for them now.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    king**** wrote: »

Don't be ridiculous.

All this "Eastenders is in dire straights" talk is utter rubbish. This year may not have been up to the quality that we have come to expect (and deserve) but the BBC would never pull one of it's biggest rating winners.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope it's an improvement on last years efforts. Christmas Day last year was Branning overload and NYD episode was a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a known fact that EE picks up a lot more viewers for their festive episode(s). Due to the soap struggling with viewers this year, I think if people watch the Xmas day show and its great they'll be more inclined to stick with it and give it another go. Whereas if they serve up the tripe that lost viewers in the first place they'll just stay away til next Xmas.
    Do you agree with me at all and do you think this was in any of TPTB heads when planning it?

No, its just something too look forward too on Xmas day. EE at Xmas gets alot of ratings regardless. Its important but the show won't suffer if too may don't enjoy it.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happens, they can't do any worse than last year's Christmas episode.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    king**** wrote: »

Looool. Talk about an overreaction
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I think,Christmas is when all the soaps roll out their best storylines. But I think in EE case it will roll on 2014 as DTC is there.