Tom Robinson-best song

essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,207
Forum Member
I know most people will go for 2-4-6-8 Motorway but I have a thing for Atmospherics(Listen To The Radio) from '82

Comments

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War Baby would have to be my favourite
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "War Baby" is my favourte but I don't really know him as an artist. That song is juts so heartfelt and moving! The lyrics really resonate with me in parts:(
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    War Baby or Martin
  • cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War Baby. Always had a soft spot for "Still Loving You" aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzkw6b1FNg

Huge hit in Italy as this clip shows.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'glad to be gay'.... a masterpiece that brought home to me, a straight guy being brought up in homophobic britain, the pain that young gay men were under in the late 70's.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,207
    Forum Member
    'glad to be gay'.... a masterpiece that brought home to me, a straight guy being brought up in homophobic britain, the pain that young gay men were under in the late 70's.
    Robinson is bisexual ironically:D. Just found out yesteday his older brother is Matthew Robinson who used to produce EE I think
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Robinson is bisexual ironically:D. Just found out yesteday his older brother is Matthew Robinson who used to produce EE I think

as i understood it, he was more gay when younger, but ironically his straight side took over and he married in the early 80's... maybe wiki would give a better picture then my falible memory! :D

either way, 'glad to be gay' had all the raw emotion, the heartache gay men had to endure in the 70's when 'gay/queer bashing' was a common sport amongst thugs :mad:

just checked...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Robinson seems my memory served me well :)
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    War Baby or Martin

Martin for me, deffo! It's funny. :D
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though I am gay, I'd probably go with "War Baby" too.

G
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be Warbaby but his other really good one was Too Good to be True.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWA0HTsx1g
  • JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I don't know loads of his stuff but my fave is also Atmospherics(Listen To The Radio) (co written with Peter Gabriel)
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First song to bring him to my attention.

I agree with the quote above - made you a bit aware of things.

War Baby is also a great, great song.

I can recall as if yesterday waking up to 2,4,6 8 Motorway as a teenager.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    War Baby
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great memories here. I am as straight as they come but bought Glad to be Gay as it was a great song. Never been into words of songs that much, so wasnt that bothered:)