Options

cs : Cillas return could of been so much better

MattchatMattchat Posts: 110
Forum Member
It didn't even get the cliffhanger ending .
what's going on corrie? ?

Comments

• Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Mattchat wrote: »
    It didn't even get the cliffhanger ending .
    what's going on corrie? ?

So Cilla turns up without so much as a phone call. How did she even know they would still be living in the same house?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was a bit of a let down to be honest.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very low key. And why were Fiz and Chesney being so civil to Cilla? I thought they'd be much more angry. And they weren't that shocked that she came back all of a sudden. They treated her like she's only been gone 6 months.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the EXACT same! Wow, how boring was corrie anyway? Just goes to show, the only thing interesting is the climax of the Tina storyline, which will be over this time in 2 weeks! I dread to think what will happen then...
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her return isn't over yet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a bit of a let-down, low-key and meant that more questions were raised by it, rather than answered (which I'm not saying it was, however) may well have been because Cilla had to be re-introduced somehow, and in quite a quiet way (and not in the obvious blaze of glory, type of way).

Plus that this "return of a familiar face" as the EPG described it, is only actually for the relatively short period of time of 6 weeks, with Cilla only appearing in a "guest" role. So no, it wasn't in practice very dramatic, at all - which isn't particularly surprising given the circumstances described.

Not that the character & SL didn't deserve a bigger fanfare or entrance, of course after an absence of 7 years - but I just wasn't that surprised that there actually wasn't one, in last night's episode itself :-(
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    I liked the way Cilla just appeared on the doorstep. Wasn't sure if I'd missed her first scene back till I saw how shocked Fiz and Chez were.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I liked the way Cilla just appeared on the doorstep. Wasn't sure if I'd missed her first scene back till I saw how shocked Fiz and Chez were.

I liked it too, it is how old characters should come back, it doesnt have to be explosive or over the top, it seems that she may have been hurt by her partner so has run away? and of course her first port of call would be the street to get help from her children.

I am glad she is back, just so that she can cheese off Fiz for a while ;)
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice it was so low key and wasn't done in the usual soap cliche way of seeing a taxi pull up, seeing the taxi door open, a pair of shoes step out of the taxi and the camera slowly pans up to the passengers face for the big reveal.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least there will be plenty of room for her to stay, now that Jason seems to have finished the loft conversion! :D Bags of room in that house now. Yet, I'm sure I read that Fiz tells her she can sleep on the couch:confused:
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked it, I think Chesney and Fiz were just so shocked to see her after all these year and they didn't know what to think.

I
  • Options
    julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I really liked it, I think Chesney and Fiz were just so shocked to see her after all these year and they didn't know what to think.

I
    She was aware of her grandchildren and had written to Chesney with an invite to visit her and was not completely out of their lives , glad she is back
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    It was nice it was so low key and wasn't done in the usual soap cliche way of seeing a taxi pull up, seeing the taxi door open, a pair of shoes step out of the taxi and the camera slowly pans up to the passengers face for the big reveal.

:D:D The shoes and taxi thing has definitely been done to death.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I was thinking the EXACT same! Wow, how boring was corrie anyway? Just goes to show, the only thing interesting is the climax of the Tina storyline, which will be over this time in 2 weeks! I dread to think what will happen then...

Can i ask why you watch corrie? All you seem to do is moan about it and call it boring!?
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was very subdued, not at all like our normal Cilla - remember her battle with Rita looking for "compo"
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shoes and taxi thing is more an EE cliche to be honest....always someone stepping out of that black cab in killer heels with a smirk on their face.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i ask why you watch corrie? All you seem to do is moan about it and call it boring!?

The only soap safe from criticism from them is Emmerdale I've noticed - don't worry they say same about EE as well :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    The only soap safe from criticism from them is Emmerdale I've noticed - don't worry they say same about EE as well :D

Oh dear lol. I dont watch emmerdale tbh. Never have, never will. Altho i have seen a few snippets when switching channels, just not for me
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Hasn't it just!
    Oh dear lol. I dont watch emmerdale tbh. Never have, never will. Altho i have seen a few snippets when switching channels, just not for me
    David you don't know what you're missing! Emmerdale is brilliant! It has lots of action and there isn't too much "country bumpkin" stuff going on. There was a siege which was amazing and recently a female character was chained up in a metal box and left to die. It's great!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Hasn't it just!

David you don't know what you're missing! Emmerdale is brilliant! It has lots of action and there isn't too much "country bumpkin" stuff going on. There was a siege which was amazing and recently a female character was chained up in a metal box and left to die. It's great!

Wow haha! I caught abit of the seige episode last year was it? Under the pub when he got electrocuted? I only seen it as i was at my nans, i tend to watch hollyoaks at 7pm
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be pleased when we have the other soap cliche - Cilla leaving in the back of a taxi. I never like the character (the actress is very good) and Fizz and Chesney have made good lives for themselves without her. I think the storyline is that Cilla has developed osteoporosis and she has come there to be looked after. The cheek of the woman after she neglected Fizz and Chesney when they were children.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The shoes and taxi thing is more an EE cliche to be honest....always someone stepping out of that black cab in killer heels with a smirk on their face.

And that's just Phil Mitchell
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her return could certainly have been much better - she could have brought the delightful Yana with her.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fiz looked like the shocked cat on YouTube!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    So Cilla turns up without so much as a phone call. How did she even know they would still be living in the same house?

She didn't. She knocked at the house Les lived at and Kirk told her Fiz was living with Tyrone.