Options

Something that RTD said.......

textpesttextpest Posts: 329
Forum Member
I read somewhere on the forum that RTD said there was a small clue in Father's Day from the first series. Now its been a while since i watched that episode, but i do remember the Doctor speaking to the pregnant bride and groom and talking about them having a life that he couldn't have. Now what if the Doctor and his hand regenerate and one of the 2 doctors is human? Would he then get the life he thought he couldn't have?

Load of rubbish or a possibility?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »
    I read somewhere on the forum that RTD said there was a small clue in Father's Day from the first series. Now its been a while since i watched that episode, but i do remember the Doctor speaking to the pregnant bride and groom and talking about them having a life that he couldn't have. Now what if the Doctor and his hand regenerate and one of the 2 doctors is human? Would he then get the life he thought he couldn't have?

Load of rubbish or a possibility?

nah sounds quite plausible to me, iv been watching series one again as the mrs has now got into it and we watched Fathers day the other night and i remember that convo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't one of the messages in Father's Day that meeting yourself can have disastarous concequences? Look what Rose did in that episode!
  • Options
    TehanuTehanu Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    A loose end from Fathers' Day was why the Reapers turned away from the pregnant woman and would not attack her, despite being prepared to gobble up everyone else including the Doc. I remember a lot of speculation about this at the time, but it was never answered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Tehanu wrote: »
    A loose end from Fathers' Day was why the Reapers turned away from the pregnant woman and would not attack her, despite being prepared to gobble up everyone else including the Doc. I remember a lot of speculation about this at the time, but it was never answered.

maybe the pregnant woman was donna's mum.
    dont want to kill something 'new' do they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    It sounds pretty plausable and is something RTD tends to do (go back to previous storylines) but it could be slightly too long ago and i reckon could leave some messy endings and a lot of 'what ifs'
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Luna-Mei wrote: »
    maybe the pregnant woman was donna's mum.
    dont want to kill something 'new' do they?

Are you suggesting that if the pregnant woman was Donna's mum that she was pregnant with Donna?

That wouldn't be possible because baby Rose was also at the wedding and Donna is older than Rose
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that if the pregnant woman was Donna's mum that she was pregnant with Donna?

That wouldn't be possible because baby Rose was also at the wedding and Donna is older than Rose
    Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, er stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was this post?

I have to put my hands up and say regarding the this morning thread, one of them, I was speculating at hints he would give away and i sorta said that tucked away in Fathers Day there was a clue thats been there all along!

I made it up, cool if there seems some plausibility!

Well made it up, guessed before the interview!

hmmmmm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha Ha!! Just re read your original post. Thought u were quoting RTD not doing an impression a la Rory Bremner. Have spent whole day trying to remember every detail of Fathers Day! Ah well better than working... and u never know.. Stranger things have happened!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    He may have been his usual cryptic self and pointed you in the wrong, but almost right, direction.
    If you look back at 'The Doctors Daughter' (fathers day?) Jenny was cloned from The Doctor's regrown right hand, she regenerated without changing, so the regrown hand may cause the Doctor to regenerate without changing, and the pickled hand must have some significance. This episode was the last one where David Tennant wore the blue suit, in the next episode it was brown! again there may be some devious writers intent in that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if we're not given 2 doctors because of the regeneration, but 2 doctors because of our doctor going back into his timeline to make sure that Rose is locked away for good in the parrell dimension and he would have never have met Donna or Martha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Eliott256 wrote: »
    What if we're not given 2 doctors because of the regeneration, but 2 doctors because of our doctor going back into his timeline to make sure that Rose is locked away for good in the parrell dimension and he would have never have met Donna or Martha

What good would that do though?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I would have assumed if there was any kind of link to fathers day it would be about how dangerous and risky it is for the doctor to cross his own timeline like he did. Could fit in with the speculation we've heard about him going back in his timeline to save Donna...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry textpest for the confusion, but also, Im rather pleased that something I said as a kinda joke has got people thinking, remember this is how RTD thinks isn't it and it must have been a good impression, lol!In person I do the smug grin and hand gestures to a tee!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey PaulosDeKathos...

A very good impression of RTD cos we weren't far off the mark at all!!!
    Now can you tell me did Doctor Donna know what the doctor was up to and hide her Timelord I.D. In her ring?