Harry Potter Movie ITV Sat Afternoon

textpesttextpest Posts: 329
Forum Member
Sorry if someone else has started a thread on this but I cant find it.

Why has ITV missed out The Goblet of Fire? :confused:

Comments

• MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »

For some unknown reason, The Goblet of Fire is on Friday night. I guess only ITV know why.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »

Yuck hours and hours of potter on this weekend peak time. One on tonight and one on tomorrow. Nice for fans, not for the rest of us. its on at adult time as well. should be on 4pm for the kiddies!
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    For some unknown reason, The Goblet of Fire is on Friday night. I guess only ITV know why.
    Thank you! Hadn't even spotted that! :o
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Yuck hours and hours of potter on this weekend peak time. One on tonight and one on tomorrow. Nice for fans, not for the rest of us. its on at adult time as well. should be on 4pm for the kiddies!

The more recent ones aren't suitable to air at 4pm; ITV aren't allowed to start them before 7pm. Just to clarify OP, Goblet of Fire is on tonight at 8pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I know. What they should do is make 100s of other channels and give us access to thousands of programs on demand for situations like this.
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    I know. What they should do is make 100s of other channels and give us access to thousands of programs on demand for situations like this.

:D

At the grand old age of 30, I love Harry Potter so I'm quite happy!
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    :D
    TV should only be about MEEE

Only programs that I like should ever be allowed to be broadcast :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »

BGT is launching next Saturday so I can only assume ITV want an action packed lineup for that specific day (?)
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goblet of fire is on tonight at 8

OOTP is on tomorrow night at 7 i think... it says its the premier, but i was sure it had already been on :p
  • ProVistaProVista Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure I agree. I have a 7 year old and I am happy for him to watch the DVDs of the first 3 HPs whenever he wants. But from "The Goblet of Fire" onwards the books and the films get quite dark at times and I am not totally sure they should be regarded as "kiddies" films. I won't let my son watch film no. 4 onwards just yet, despite his protestations!!
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow. You obviously haven't read the 4th book onwards or seen the films. Not really for "kiddies"..

I'm very happy about the films being on, being a Harry Potter fan in my 20's. Now if they show Half Blood Prince, I will be even happier!
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's on mid afternoon I use it as a gentle preamble to a siesta.

Sends me to sleep wonderfully well.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    jde-tv wrote: »
    Goblet of fire is on tonight at 8

OOTP is on tomorrow night at 7 i think... it says its the premier, but i was sure it had already been on :p

yh i thought this to im sure ITV have shown it before anyone care to clarify :confused::confused::confused:
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    billythekid wrote: yh i thought this to im sure ITV have shown it before anyone care to clarify

HP & TOOTP has never been terrestrially shown before , perhaps you saw it trailed on sky movies?

I will be watching it as i didn't think much of goblet tbh
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGT is launching next Saturday so I can only assume ITV want an action packed lineup for that specific day (?)

And BGT would be?
  • stevejk75stevejk75 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont care,i have them all on bluray including,Harry Potter and the half blood prince.
    I think the half blood prince, is the weakest film so far in the series.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont be watching tonights film as i have seen it a number of times. But i cant wait for Saturdays movie - as i havent watched it. Its all new to me :D
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Just one thought here, why couldn't ITV show these movies over the Easter Weekend, why do TV companies seem to try to avoid Bank Holidays these days and schedule these sorts of top films on regular Fridays and Saturdays?
    Similarly, The Lord Of The Rings movies weren't shown by Channel 4 during the Christmas & New Year break but instead on regular Saturdays during September, on commercial channels I can understand there being a compelling reason with advertising to show things in the run up to Christmas and before rather than Christmas itself but what's with the Easter & Bank Holiday avoidance surely there's no difference with advertising on those.

Once TV companies did try and show something special on holidays, now when they have the rights to something like this, it never gets shown on a Bank Holiday, Easter or Christmas.
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    And BGT would be?

Britains Got Talent... It starts saturday after next :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    It feels like there's a Potter movie on every bloody weekend. ITV are far too reliant on these films but I suppose we're stuck with them as long as they pull in the viewers.

(and I have no problem with the movies but I wish they'd give it them a good rest for a while!)