Mrs Brown's Boys

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well if having to watch the show spoilt your Xmas day that's another great service it provided tonight in my opinion.

:D:D:D
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a myth that everybody either loves or hates MBB. Myself and the family all don't mind it, watch it if its on, guarantees 2 or 3 laughs, the ad-libs especially, a hundred worse comedies on, mainly U.S ones for me. But not a show I would ever go of my way to see. Didn't watch it last night, nor anything else. Might do if I can be bothered but probably not.

Pleased it won the ratings though. Better than anything else it was up against or was on yesterday.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen snippets of this show on trails in the past and to me it's seems unfunny. Yesterday i watched the 1997 Christmas Special of One Foot in the Grave and that WAS funny.
  • simmysimmy Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Who was the most watched programme on Xmas day.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the most watched programme yesterday outperforming all the usual family favourites.

I love it. Yes it's a bit hit and miss and full of comedic cliches but its main message is that families stay together no matter what! Compared to miserable lemon sucking soaps it's refreshingly upbeat.

It's great that there's a sitcom on these days pulling in such huge TV ratings and one that actually makes people laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's great that there's a sitcom on these days pulling in such huge TV ratings and one that actually makes people laugh.

Yeah I love the Big Bang Theory too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simmy wrote: »
    Yeah I love the Big Bang Theory too!

That's not pulling in 9m viewers an episode :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not pulling in 9m viewers an episode :)
    No, as the top rated sitcom in the USA it's about 50 million.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not knocking it for a moment (the US has always turned out great sitcoms), but the discussion here is about TV shows originating in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not knocking it for a moment (the US has always turned out great sitcoms), but the discussion here is about TV shows originating in the UK.

It's not, it's about if other people apart from the OP dislike Mrs Browns Boys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member

50 million people do not watch TBBT in the US lol, around 16 million for TV viewings including DVR and reruns.

Anyway, Mrs Brown's Boys is crap.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    If we went back 20 or 30 years there would be similar sort of people who call the 'classic comedies' crap. I don't like The IT Crowd, The Big Bang Theory, but i wouldn't call them crap and so on. Each to their own.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    wished i'd watched it now to see how bad it was! sometimes there are funny moments but these are few.
    old mother riley was brilliant...much funnier..and she didnt have to swear either.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    wished i'd watched it now to see how bad it was! sometimes there are funny moments but these are few.
    old mother riley was brilliant...much funnier..and she didnt have to swear either.

A lot of the time it's just the F word with an 'e' in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

If you listened carefully, she said "buckin" a lot instead of the F word too......I think they deliberately toned down the language for Christmas night.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »

said buckin' on the subtitles all the time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    said buckin' on the subtitles all the time!

"Buckin" and "feckin" for most of the episode :D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just about the in funniest prog on tv. All the swearing is boring too.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actally more like 20 million
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_current_viewing_figures_for_the_big_bang_theory?#slide=2

The days of that sort of high viewing figure are over in the US as well as here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Actally more like 20 million
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_current_viewing_figures_for_the_big_bang_theory?#slide=2

The days of that sort of high viewing figure are over in the US as well as here

Though if you compare the two population sizes, Mrs Brown would have had an audience of over 45m in the US last night.
  • SmufterSmufter Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Who was the most watched programme on Xmas day.

Maybe. But I could understand what was happening in MBB. The Dr Who scriptwriters must just throw a load of ideas up in the air and just make the programme in the order they come down in nowadays.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The spike in viewing occurred at the end of the Dr Who episode as people tuned into to see the new face of Dr Who. It's overall viewing figures were lower than expected.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Anyone,know where I can watch the full,Christmas day episode and if so a link,please thanks
  • mark owenmark owen Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Anyone,know where I can watch the full,Christmas day episode and if so a link,please thanks

It's on BBC Iplayer.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    How the hell did this top the most watched programme, lmfao :D

Because it's funny! It even made you laugh your a*se off :D