Options

How well will Hayley's final episode rate?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Definitely 10m+ I think.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Definitely 10m+ I think.

Definitely not I think.
  • Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the viewing figures will be pretty high, with people who normally dont watch tuning in, and equally a lot of viewers who watch regularly who just wont even go there,myself included.

Rubbernecking is certain, in the same way people gather round to watch an ambulance, fire engine, slowing down and craning their necks when driving past a car crash, etc, am sure some people will not be able to help themselves but watch a poor cancer ridden 'tv soap character' swallow a lethal cocktail of drugs and deliberately kill themselves, lets not sugar the pill by wrapping it up nicely and cleanly and saying that she chose to end her life and committed suicide.

And all before the watershed. Nice. What lovely family viewing.
    Crisps and dips with that?, or just a nice hot cuppa and a biscuit.

The right to die is a very emotive subject.
    What it is not nor ever should be is a source of soap entertainment.
  • Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops double post. Deleted :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any dearth of viewers won't be down to lack of advertising that's for sure - cripes, if I had a pound for every time they've shown that promo trailer, I'm surprised the reel isn't worn out.

Hayley pegging it has had more exposure than the Go Compare man.

If Roy feels anything like me, he'll watch Hayley take her fatal overdose, slump back in his chair, and say ... "Thank **** for that."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any dearth of viewers won't be down to lack of advertising that's for sure - cripes, if I had a pound for every time they've shown that promo trailer, I'm surprised the reel isn't worn out.

Hayley pegging it has had more exposure than the Go Compare man.

If Roy feels anything like me, he'll watch Hayley take her fatal overdose, slump back in his chair, and say ... "Thank **** for that."

:D:D:D
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning papers said over 10 million.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    9.7m:.

Wow, well done
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, well done

:o I read what it got yesterday but I forgot I even predicted it in this thread lol... got it bang on, woop!
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that Hayley was such a long-standing character and the storyline was well publicised and was the conclusion to a long arc, I'd say 9.7m was a pretty disappointing figure. It'll undoubtedly be the year's highest figure as well. It seems that the curse of Stuart Blackburn really has struck...
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    The final figures won't be in yet will they as I-Player keeps the episodes on for a week (I believe) and there are the ITV2 weekend omnibus' to air yet. As it happens I did see it on Monday but usually I catch up with Corrie on Sat morning - I'm sure i'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that Hayley was such a long-standing character and the storyline was well publicised and was the conclusion to a long arc, I'd say 9.7m was a pretty disappointing figure. It'll undoubtedly be the year's highest figure as well. It seems that the curse of Stuart Blackburn really has struck...

Agree. Very disappointing that an average episode of Corrie can't get that nowadays, never mind a highly covered, 'big' one. Wonder how Tina's episode well do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what the final figure for Hayley's death was?
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    A quick look on Barb, and I'm pretty sure it was 7:30pm - 9.05m (+1.4m HD and +1) and 8:30pm - 9.53m (+1.4m HD and +1).
    So all factored in - 10.45m and 10.93m.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    A quick look on Barb, and I'm pretty sure it was 7:30pm - 9.05m (+1.4m HD and +1) and 8:30pm - 9.53m (+1.4m HD and +1).
    So all factored in - 10.45m and 10.93m.

With today's changing viewing habits and the ever-increasing number of available channels, that's a pretty amazing result. :cool::cool:

Good old Hayley - she'll never be forgotten. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad final figure in this digital age I guess.