Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny reminded me of Delbert Wilkins.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://uk.megabus.com/allincluded.aspx
    Standard case each of 25Kg, £5 for excess, might be a fair bit of luggage space on a Megabus to Wales if you don't go when the students are on break.

Probably depends on how full the coach was but those double-decker coaches like we saw are fairly tight on luggage space when all the seats are sold, which is why the ones going between London and Scotland tow trailers.

Whatever, it was still pretty naive to think they would be able to bring back their haul easily without help from the production team!
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ag1973 wrote: »
    What did danny think he was going to get for the price of the animal head. The dealer said it was worth nearly £700 at a push, he did the same thing last week with the chess set.

They were two different blokes!
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opaque wrote: »
    With the Welsh guy it certainly seems totally like that, but then I think the same thing is true of the football picture lady as well, with them it looks like they taking advantage of people. And with the caribou guy it looks like they are just allowing them to show themselves up.

The funny thing about the French trip was that they actually got some good cheap stuff at the flea market at the end so that is probably worthwhile doing again.

Another thing that isn't taken into consideration for the people doing it as a job is the time spent on doing it. Or it seems the cost of petrol!

I liked that woman with the print.
    Auctioneer said she had only started about 12 months ago from scratch and had started from no knowledge whatsoever.

I think the print was a good item. Surely football collectors would be interested in that. I'd have thought it's quite likely to do well in auction (and certainly go for more than £10 - the amount she paid for it at a car boot sale). Especially as the player was a big name in Bolton - which is where the woman lived.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    They were two different blokes!

your right, the guy last week was a shop owner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Made a terrible mistake this morning. I had an operation yesterday and watched this programme. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Those Welsh lads had me in stitches. Come to think of of it, I may have popped a few stitches!
    There's nothing wrong with selling pink earmuffs, but at a Pontypridd home game? :D
  • Options
    pete_dalepete_dale Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    As someone who can't stand RTV, this surprisingly has us in stitches, the sight of a bloke in a wheel chair stuffed with ear muffs wheeled along some estate. The prod team must have been rubbing their hands with glee.
    He also had great banter, a likeable guy. I think he's in the right game, I would struggle to sell pink ear muffs to welsh rugby fans but he did it.
    At the end of the day, these are honest guys trying to make a living. Its not easy and at least they are not sitting on their arses expecting the world to owe them a living ala benefits street.
    I sell the odd thing on eBay and its not easy, I spend an hour cleaning something to sell for a tenner. I made 25 quid last month, woohoo! Should offset the few hundred quid I also spent on the garden , not.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Auctioneer said she had only started about 12 months ago from scratch and had started from no knowledge whatsoever.

I think the print was a good item. Surely football collectors would be interested in that. I'd have thought it's quite likely to do well in auction (and certainly go for more than £10 - the amount she paid for it at a car boot sale). Especially as the player was a big name in Bolton - which is where the woman lived.

I'd say it's worth more to a tenner to someone, it's just finding that someone though.
    Maybe some mad Bolton fan will be round her house today chapping her door begging her for it :)
    There must be a Pub near their ground that the fans frequent, there usually is one, maybe they'd be interested.
    I zoned her out after a while, felt like they were taking the pi$$ out of her/taking advantage, so we could all laugh at her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's worth more to a tenner to someone, it's just finding that someone though.
    Maybe some mad Bolton fan will be round her house today chapping her door begging her for it :)
    There must be a Pub near their ground that the fans frequent, there usually is one, maybe they'd be interested.
    I zoned her out after a while, felt like they were taking the pi$$ out of her/taking advantage, so we could all laugh at her.

The unfortunate thing was, that having had the bright idea of getting him to sign it for real, he then wrote "To Val....." which is only going to make it that much harder to shift than if he hadn't written her name!!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Had to feel sorry for Danny and his Caribou....but he'll still make some money from it.
    And his alarm clock - cushty

Leuan & kern need their own show.:D

And Val trying to sell the Print back to the Guy who dumped it - :confused:
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny reminded me of Cat / Danny John Jules from Red Dwarf
  • Options
    clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Danny reminded me of Delbert Wilkins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOmpTjrE48
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved Val too. It's a shame Willie Morgan never even made her a cup of tea.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny reminded me of Cat / Danny John Jules from Red Dwarf

I was thinking the less successful brother of Maurice Moss
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I was thinking the less successful brother of Maurice Moss

Danny reminded me of......... insert any well known black person/character you can think of
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny reminded me of......... insert any well known black person/character you can think of

Eminem.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely love Ieuan and Kern and hope against hope that they will have a real bit of luck before the series ends. They need a good mentor.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    The unfortunate thing was, that having had the bright idea of getting him to sign it for real, he then wrote "To Val....." which is only going to make it that much harder to shift than if he hadn't written her name!!

My first thought when I saw "To Val". She is that knowledgeable, she isn't aware that personalising anything, detracts from it's value. I am genuinely pleased for her, however, that going to the auctions and dealing, is a bit like therapy for her, and has been helpful to her since losing her mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eminem.

Haha, that's the one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    My first thought when I saw "To Val". She is that knowledgeable, she isn't aware that personalising anything, detracts from it's value. I am genuinely pleased for her, however, that going to the auctions and dealing, is a bit like therapy for her, and has been helpful to her since losing her mum.

Val is lovely. I would make her a cup of tea if she popped round with a large photo.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    You can't knock peoples hopes and dreams, but some of these to be honest, are deluded.

I agree. As long as it doesn't cause any financial difficulties, and you can afford to take any hits, go for it. I admire them for doing it, running any business isn't straightforward. You just need to be realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I agree. As long as it doesn't cause any financial difficulties, and you can afford to take any hits, go for it. I admire them for doing it, running any business isn't straightforward. You just need to be realistic.

it's just a hobby for most of the people involved. They have other jobs and aren't reliant on it. Even the cockney stereotype and his 'bird' from the first episode had to go back to spraying cars in order to pay the bills. Also, in the case of the lovely Val, as you said earlier, it's a form of therapy for her and she has fun.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I genuinely love Ieuan and Kern and hope against hope that they will have a real bit of luck before the series ends. They need a good mentor.

I suspect their been led up the garden path or at least prompted by the production staff.
    They know Greasby's have a root through all the cases and separate out the electrics, haircare, jewellery etc.
    He wasn't going to find a Ming vase in a case and they knew it.
    Maybe in Wales, if their stuff comes from House repossessions and the like they don't have a root through, I'd assume they would though.
  • Options
    MarkyTheMonkeyMarkyTheMonkey Posts: 164
    Forum Member

I hope against hope that Kern will speak before the series ends :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect their been led up the garden path or at least prompted by the production staff.
    They know Greasby's have a root through all the cases and separate out the electrics, haircare, jewellery etc.
    He wasn't going to find a Ming vase in a case and they knew it.
    Maybe in Wales, if their stuff comes from House repossessions and the like they don't have a root through, I'd assume they would though.

Who'd put a Ming vase in a suitcase and entrust it to the aircraft hold, anyway? Ieuan, perhaps, but who else? :confused::D