EE Danny Dyer calls for Jo Joyner return

conorm6824conorm6824 Posts: 127
Forum Member
In an interview that danny dyer gave with TV Times earlier today he sang praise for ex star jo joyner and called for her to return to the show saying,
"She had a real presence about her and you hung on her every word. That's what makes a good actor for me, because all we do is play with words.
"I'm gutted she's not here anymore and I hope she comes back. Things are changing and we're definitely on the up, so I don't see why she wouldn't want to be part of that."

I really hope jo will return in the near future as she is one of my all time favourite characters ! Now would be a good time with her sister rainie back on the scene and her mother cora is really being underused. I think she would also have alot to say on the lucy case involving max and lauren and she would bring that bit of class back to the show. With laurie brett on her way back too i see no reason why joyner wouldn't atleast consider it and after all she only ever intended to leave for the 'Foreseable future'
I'm also aware shes doing trying again for sky but they could do what they do with sam womack and lacey !
I really liked how danny said this as he does know what he is talking about and i their characters could become friends ( Nothing sexual ) i could see mick being good friends with a woman they would have good onscreen chemistry
Hopefully we'll be seeing jo make her way back to the square soon :):)

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she'll be back within the next three years
  • conorm6824conorm6824 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Jo joyner has also died her back to blonde after saying that she was going to be keeping it brunette for the foreseeable so does that maybe mean that a tanya return is on the cards !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. Tanya's friendship with Sharon did both characters no favours and Manya was repetitive and ridiculous.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Would love Jo to return. She is a cracking actress and Tanya is fab character except for all the buried Max crap. Plus Jo is just the most perfect MILF ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Max dies yes, if not no. I simply dont want to watch Max and Tanya on screen together ever again.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope not!
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Tanya returns too. She's one of my favourite characters.
  • AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 2,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, Max is the problem. Jo Joyner is a strong actress and the character has plenty of relationships to play with on the Square, but I don't know how a full-time Tanya return could work while Max is still around. They're so strongly linked that if they moved on to other relationships while still both living on the square, the audience just wouldn't believe it. However, they couldn't get back together either because nobody's interested in watching that merry-go-round yet again. And they couldn't leave one or both of them single because we'd just be rolling our eyes and waiting for them to inevitably start eyeing each other again. There doesn't seem to be any effective way to handle it.

I guess the best thing they could do would be to just get them back together, do it with minimal fuss, and resolve to avoid cheating storylines and break-ups, as they've presumably done with Kat and Alfie. Give them other interesting stuff to do at the same time and it could work.

Really lovely to see Danny Dyer talking about her in this way though. It's unusual to see a soap actor complimenting an actor they haven't worked with, it's nice to see. It suggests he was interested in the show before he signed up, and he must be a genuine fan of Jo, which is really sweet. I've seen him take time out to talk about other actors in interviews before, like the other Carters and Adam Woodyatt, sharing the credit rather than allowing the media interest in him to make him the star of the show. I've come to have a lot of respect for the way he handles himself.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she does come back she'll be off again with in 6 months. She likes doing that.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Please, PLEASE only if Max is gone.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I hope Jo does come back.
  • All-NighterAll-Nighter Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I actually wouldn't mind Max leaving for a bit. The Brannings have had their day and I actually preferred the Crosses. But I doubt Jake Wood will ever leave, unless pushed.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please no!

The Max and Tanya merry go round probably drove away most of the viewers who've stopped watching. Let us never return to those dark days.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    Please no!

The Max and Tanya merry go round probably drove away most of the viewers who've stopped watching. Let us never return to those dark days.

Exactly it became boring and repetitive. They would be mad to bring Jo back.