Do the "JUDGES" pick their finalists..

textpesttextpest Posts: 329
Forum Member
It has been hinted at on the forum that the producers and/or Simon actually pick the live finalists.

It seemed odd that Cheryl needed to speak to the producers to confirm who was going through...had she just forgotten??

Whats your opinion?

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    textpest wrote: »
    It has been hinted at on the forum that the producers and/or Simon actually pick the live finalists.

It seemed odd that Cheryl needed to speak to the producers to confirm who was going through...had she just forgotten??

Whats your opinion?

I wouldn't be at all surprised it that was the case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »

Whats your opinion?

I assumed they did anyway! Even people like John & Edward suit Simon's "real" agenda because they give him someone to slag off, just like the MacDonald Brothers and Chico did in previous series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't say it might be fixed - you will be telling me next that wrestling matches are a set up!
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges pick the finalists whilst eating fairy cakes made from real fairies and moondust shimmers over them
  • ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised no one's been on telling you to read Chart Throb yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think that maybe it was set up to help certain contestants have an easier ride to the final, especially given Cheryl's choices. However, on reflection I think Cheryl is simply out of her depth and has chosen her own contestants. She has gone for the 3 most inexperienced, easiest to manipulate and therefore easiest to mentor contestants. The other 3 already know where they are at and what direction they want to head in musically. I think that scared Cheryl off them. Talent didn't enter it to it. God help us if she ever gets the overs!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought everyone knew that Simon picks the winner before the show has even be televised.
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon really liked Daniel Fox, Cheryl didn't get him at all at bootcamp. So I don't think it would have been Simon's choice to drop him and go for Lloyd who he didn't like.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If X Factor are claiming each judge chooses the finalists within their category and that's not the case, then ITV and Simon Cowell's production company would be liable for false representation: I don't think they'd be stupid enough to risk it.
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    There was definitely no way that the 4 judges picked those contestants completely independently of one another. They just all fit together too nicely...

For example, there are two girl groups, so all of the over 25s are boys to balance it out. And obviously there was no way Rachel and Treyc could both get through; they're too similar. :rolleyes:

I would go so far as to say that the final performances at the judges' houses mean nothing and the final 12 are already predetermined.

Thought it was quite funny how easy it was to predict the qualifiers based on the judges' comments. For example, the ones who didn't make it would get genuine criticisms such as "you find it quite hard to control your voice" whereas all they said to the ones that made it through were things like "but I can only put through three" or "and I'm not sure if you could cope with the pressure."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Peter30 wrote: »
    I would go so far as to say that the final performances at the judges' houses mean nothing and the final 12 are already predetermined.

There are only 2 reasons that the judges' homes stage exists.

1: Pad out the series by another week or two.

2: To show what wonderfully lavish and expensive houses Simon can afford.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that 'lawn' on which the camel was standing in 'Marakech' was the same 'lawn' that I saw at Louis 'ancestral home' in Como. It's probably all a studio set.

And yes, think a lot of it is very contrived and pre-planned. They can deny it all they like but...
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect they might have some input, but it seems unlikely that the producers would allow them to do whatever the hell they wanted without running it by them first. For example, I very much doubt that Cheryl would have been able to have "second thoughts" and just change at the last minute.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been told by someone who made it to the judges house a few years ago that it is Richard Holloway the executive producer that decides who goes through to the live finals. This person also said that Simon actually doesn't decide although have to admit I struggle to believe that he has no input.
    Sorry can't back this up or prove it but must admit other stuff they told me did turn out to be true.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    There was definitely no way that the 4 judges picked those contestants completely independently of one another. They just all fit together too nicely...

For example, there are two girl groups, so all of the over 25s are boys to balance it out. And obviously there was no way Rachel and Treyc could both get through; they're too similar. :rolleyes:

Thought it was quite funny how easy it was to predict the qualifiers based on the judges' comments. For example, the ones who didn't make it would get genuine criticisms such as "you find it quite hard to control your voice" whereas all they said to the ones that made it through were things like "but I can only put through three" or "and I'm not sure if you could cope with the pressure."
    Yes that's my take on the situation too - whatever happens I don't believe that the mentors all go away and pick their three without reference to anyone else or how the final 12 mix will be made up - that wouldn't be good TV. I am pretty certain the final decision is made before the 'judges house' stage - and - as another poster says it just exists to pad the show out another week, show off their wealth whatever ... What on earth do the performances in front of the mentors add to their knowledge of the contestant's talent? The live auditions/bootcamp stage will have already told them much more about the acts ability to stand up to weekly live performances ...
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    I have been told by someone who made it to the judges house a few years ago that it is Richard Holloway the executive producer that decides who goes through to the live finals. This person also said that Simon actually doesn't decide although have to admit I struggle to believe that he has no input.
    Sorry can't back this up or prove it but must admit other stuff they told me did turn out to be true.

Wow if this is so then it is really interesting however I am sure that some of them have some sort of say.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I predict that after watching the contestants perform for them within their 'house', the judge and maybe their guest host, have a meeting with Richard Holloway and the producers. I then belive that they discuss who they both want to go through and try to find a compromise that will work for them both (if they are in disagreement about a certain act etc). Ultimately, RH gets the final say, but I like to think that the judges have a say and are allowed input. :)

The scenes where the judges look at them pictures are definitely fake! :D
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lgb13 wrote: »
    I predict that after watching the contestants perform for them within their 'house', the judge and maybe their guest host, have a meeting with Richard Holloway and the producers. I then belive that they discuss who they both want to go through and try to find a compromise that will work for them both (if they are in disagreement about a certain act etc). Ultimately, RH gets the final say, but I like to think that the judges have a say and are allowed input. :)

Ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QUOTE]

Ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    Simon really liked Daniel Fox, Cheryl didn't get him at all at bootcamp. So I don't think it would have been Simon's choice to drop him and go for Lloyd who he didn't like.

Correct
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »

Ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    If X Factor are claiming each judge chooses the finalists within their category and that's not the case, then ITV and Simon Cowell's production company would be liable for false representation: I don't think they'd be stupid enough to risk it.

Correct
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Zincubus wrote: »
    Ridiculous
    Ridiculous
    Correct
    Ridiculous
    Correct

Any chance of a reason for these comments? As your one word answers indicate that you know what the facts are, can you enlighten the rest of us?
  • child of tyrachild of tyra Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the judges pick anything, seeing the audition process and hearing things I reckon the producers know who's in the final 12 before they do their "first" auditions. (maybe with a few tweaks along the way). This is just what I think happens anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its an interesting question actually. How much is staged and how much is truly decided at the judges houses.

I don't really care that much to be honest, its all popcorn telly.
    Still doesnt mean its not worth considering....