Do the "JUDGES" pick their finalists..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a tv show Simon is the boss ,he gives the orders and picks who goes through to the live shows ,then he and the judges do their best to try to influence the public who to vote off ,sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ,whichever way it goes they make lots of money .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Whoops, double-post!
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, Zincubus makes a fair point. If the staging and such were true, quite a few would know about this, and it only takes one person to reveal all. It's very risky. Plus, I'm sure there's some television law that states that they could be severely punished for false claims (I think someone covered that on the first page of this thread).

Not really. Section 2.2 of the broadcasting code states that "Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience".

The key word there is materially.

If they were found to be rigging the phone votes, then they'd be screwed because that would be deemed materially misleading.
    I also can't imagine any of the guest judges (aside from Sinitta, of course) agreeing to take part in the judges houses segment if they knew their input would be worthless.

Kylie is Dannii's sister. Ronan is a good friend of Louis. And lets face it, some screen time on the biggest show on TV plus an all expenses paid trip to an exotic location?!

None of us really know how planned it all is. But tbh, I don't really care. It's an entertainment show and so long as the votes aren't being rigged and laws aren't being broken, I can't say I'm bothered. So long as the end result is entertaining (and, IMO, it is).
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »

Various stories have gone to press over the years, they have even admitted that some scenes were reshot.

QUOTE]

I agree that some scenes are re shot to make for better TV - that's isn't the same as saying that the TV company ACTUALLY choose the12 finalists and the judges have no say whatsover !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    D'uh -

As to the well-known ones - they do it for money and the airtime. Simple.

:

Have you seen how much Cheryl and hubby Ashley earn per year ?? Well above £12 million at last reports .

The Xfactor salary is just a p*ss in the ocean in the grand scheme of things !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To which the response was:

Now, since Zincubus has taken the stance that the X Factor is not a set up, as shown by the regular use of "ridiculous" at a number of posts suggesting it was a set up, then why agree with Paralax, who clearly says it was pre-determined?

Was it (a) a mistake or (b) Zincubus is on the wind up?

I agree that some scenes are re-shot to make for better TV - that's isn't the same as saying that the TV company ACTUALLY choose the12 finalists and the judges have no say whatsover !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ssppyy wrote: »
    Its a tv show Simon is the boss ,he gives the orders and picks who goes through to the live shows ,then he and the judges do their best to try to influence the public who to vote off ,sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ,whichever way it goes they make lots of money .

If Simon makes all the decisions WHY doesn't he give himself the best category each year ??
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Zincubus wrote: »
    Have you seen how much Cheryl and hubby Ashley earn per year ?? Well above £12 million at last reports .

Really? What is she on - close to a million a year - plus all that lovely airtime to promote her name. Not exactly minimum wage is it? Footballers and pop stars can have fairly short careers so need to build up a nestegg for the future as well as financing a very lavish lifestyle.
    Forum Member
    I agree that some scenes are re-shot to make for better TV - that's isn't the same as saying that the TV company ACTUALLY choose the12 finalists and the judges have no say whatsover !!

Then perhaps you ought to read the posts you are agreeing to:
    Of course the producers and Simon have a major say, they are the ones giving a million pound contract, but I think they add in drama for effect.

These things are always staged and pre-determined.

No mention of re-shooting for better TV in the original post. In fact the last line goes against everything you have been arguing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

While Cheryl may only be paid £1m by XF, you then get all the endorsements that she is paid for as a result of being on the show. Plus the fame, the possibility of work in the US and boosts to Girls Aloud and her solo career.

Ashley Cole gets paid £4.5m from Chelsea plus his endorsements. But I doubt the total adds up to quite as much as £12m.

EDIT: Their combined wealth is £13m. They do not earn that per year.
    If Simon makes all the decisions WHY doesn't he give himself the best category each year ??

Because it would look very suspicious and he wants to make the best TV show possible? Plus, the past 2 years he has wanted to promote the new judges.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    DO you really think either of them reall need the money ??

How do you think they gained their money in the first place? By turning down lucrative offers of employment and a chance to appear on prime time telly:confused: I work in finance and IME it's often the people who earn huge salaries who want as many free perks as they can get and make a huge fuss if an expense claim doesn't get paid. Ever heard the saying 'much wants more'? One thing I can tell you without a shadow of doubt - for everyone in the show - the judges/contestants/producers/camera men etc. - it really is all about the money :D
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Not really. Section 2.2 of the broadcasting code states that "Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience".

The key word there is materially.

If they were found to be rigging the phone votes, then they'd be screwed because that would be deemed materially misleading.

Kylie is Dannii's sister. Ronan is a good friend of Louis. And lets face it, some screen time on the biggest show on TV plus an all expenses paid trip to an exotic location?!

None of us really know how planned it all is. But tbh, I don't really care. It's an entertainment show and so long as the votes aren't being rigged and laws aren't being broken, I can't say I'm bothered. So long as the end result is entertaining (and, IMO, it is).

And hasn't Will got a new album to promote? Imagine what it would cost to pay for that much prime time advertising on ITV1!

I agree with that any 'deception' involved is not material . When I look back on recent phone scandals I'm pretty certain they all involved some kind of financial deception of the public - encouraging them to spend money voting - that kind of thing ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jees there are a lot of people around with real vivid imaginations !

No wonder that the Paranormal bandwagon is in overdrive !!

So many people with so many complex theories and yet no actual PROOF ??

Sound familiar ??

Most Haunted comes to mind :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No mention of re-shooting for better TV in the original post. In fact the last line goes against everything you have been arguing

I simply don't believe - for one minute - that the TV production team PICK the 12 finalists and then decide which judge should have each category , then all those involved with each series - which must go into thousands over the last 6 years - keep the conspiracy under wraps .

It would be BIG story ( if it were true !) and I wonder how many ex workers have been either laid off/ replaced / sacked over the last few years ??

You are not telling me that not one of them would have gone to the tabloids with the so called cover-up !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zincubus
    I agree that some scenes are re-shot to make for better TV - that's isn't the same as saying that the TV company ACTUALLY choose the12 finalists and the judges have no say whatsover !! Quote

Then perhaps you ought to read the posts you are agreeing to:

Which part of my reply are you struggling to understand ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley Cole gets paid £4.5m from Chelsea plus his endorsements. But I doubt the total adds up to quite as much as £12m.

EDIT: Their combined wealth is £13m. They do not earn that per year.

QUOTE]

Did you miss many maths classes ?

Ashley Cole has been on over 3 million for the last 6 years or so and £4.5 for the last 2 of those . That isn't counting all the bonusess .... shirts/boots /appearances / articles and investments etc etc etc

Cheryl has had a licence to print money for years - to many things to mention £ ???? .

Where on earth do you get £ 13 million from ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you miss many maths classes ?

Ashley Cole has been on over 3 million for the last 6 years or so and £4.5 for the last 2 of those . That isn't counting all the bonusess .... shirts/boots /appearances / articles etc etc etc

Cheryl has had a licence to print money for years - to many things to mention £ ???? .

Where on earth do you get £ 13 million from ??

The Sunday Times Rich List:
    Cheryl Cole, the Girls Aloud singer and X Factor judge, and her footballer husband Ashley, are new entries on the young list, with an estimated wealth of £13 million

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6157097.ece#

You can't just add up headline figures anyway. Tax, agents, managers, the decline in the value of investments in 2008 etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't just add up headline figures anyway. Tax, agents, managers, the decline in the value of investments in 2008 etc.

So presumably the near one million fee CHeryl is "reported " to get is nearer 400,000 after tax / national insurance etc .

Again it's a "p*ss in the ocean" compared to the couple's combined , and ever growing wealth.
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply don't believe - for one minute - that the TV production team PICK the 12 finalists and then decide which judge should have each category , then all those involved with each series - which must go into thousands over the last 6 years - keep the conspiracy under wraps .

It would be BIG story ( if it were true !) and I wonder how many ex workers have been either laid off/ replaced / sacked over the last few years ??

You are not telling me that not one of them would have gone to the tabloids with the so called cover-up !!!

I don't know what you mean by a 'cover-up'.:confused:

What exactly could be newsworthy about an entertainment programme being made? Its not usual for any entertainment programme to outline all the production tactics being used so why on earth do you think X-Factor alone should have to do so?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So presumably the near one million fee CHeryl is "reported " to get is nearer 400,000 after tax / national insurance etc .

Again it's a "p*ss in the ocean" compared to the couple's combined , and ever growing wealth.

Maybe a bit more than £400,000 (possibly considerably more, we don't really know how much she gets paid, some have suggested £1.5m).

But why on earth do you think she is doing it if not for the money and fame?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I give up !

It is all a big fix !

They are probably working on the album of the winner as we speak - the winner being the one chosen by the TV company 8 months ago ..of course ...

Are you all happy now ???
    Forum Member

Sorry, but with all respect what is the big story exactly? That the producers run the show? That the final 12 are selected with the show in mind? Where exactly does it say that there are specific rules as to how a contestant is selected other than they take part in the process? Is there a rule saying that contestants must be selected by the Judges alone? Please point us in their direction.

As the public have no vote, they have no influence therefore the producers can select who they like. This changes with the phone vote as that is paid for and must be audited to prove how many votes were cast.

There is no conspiracy as there is no story to hide.
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Right so nobody really knows whether the judges have a serious imput or not.

So what about when they choose to keep someone or send them home at the end of the results show?

I'm sure the judges get the results before we hear them from Dermot.
    So do they have free range or is it decided by producers.
    I like to think they have free range mainly because Louis has mad a few unbelieveable choices down the years!

Any thoughts?
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    textpest wrote: »

So what about when they choose to keep someone or send them home at the end of the results show?

I like to think they have free range mainly because Louis has mad a few unbelieveable choices down the years!

Any thoughts?

Since its all Pantomime I think that Danni, Cheryl and Louis happily obey the party line as decided by SC.

Don't forget that LW's choices have often gained massive publicity and that must be all good for Syco.;)
    Forum Member
    textpest wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Louis certainly has made some strange choices, but how much airtime and publicity did these choices get? Some acts are chosen because they will spark headlines and get people talking about the show. And they are, no matter how right or wrong, still remembered after the show is done. Macdonald Brothers anyone?

As to the bottom two - I would suspect that the Judges will have discussions beforehand to decide on who they would pick under certain scenarios - they must know the results from previous shows so will know who is popular and who is not. If I was a complete cynic I would also suggest that this is how they can ensure the usual "shock exit" at least once per series. ;) Oh wait, I am a complete cynic. :D