What on earth has happened to Xtra Factor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Where are the contestants? Where is all the fun footage from the house etc?

All we get now is a load of eejit celebs turning up to plug their new songs and concerts.

No contestants now for the 3rd show running save for the eliminated acts.

If Xtra Factor is all about the main show, why on earth isn't the main show featured more.

I've stopped watching :mad:

When Holly presented the show it was great fun to see all the contestants doing daft things. It gave us the opportunity to get to know them all much better.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's been rubbish last couple of weeks. no idea why the contestants haven't been on

edit: would be interesting to see the ratings for last night? seeing as it went up against Cheryl life stories. i watched it on +1
  • kittykat2010kittykat2010 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konnie is a nightmare
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    it's been rubbish last couple of weeks. no idea why the contestants haven't been on

According to Konnie, only the eliminated act will be on tonight too :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone off it a lot this year as well. I have no idea why the contestants aren't on more, presumably because they are all exhausted from the show. The show is a bit pointless without them though, the judges phone in bit is tedious and hilights how bad Konnie is at her job. That said I like the celebrity guests because they usually spend time talking about a fair few people.
  • samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Absoluuuutely" grr
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is dire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    having said that though at least they are filling the time talking to the judges and guests rather than all thse ridiculous skits that were last seen in the child producer's office at big brother
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konnie is a nightmare

This.

Nice girl, professional etc, but she doesn't work on this show, imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Konnie, only the eliminated act will to on tonight too :mad:

maybe it's Konnie's fault. she tells them false information like they are all going on tour *excitement* and then says well not all of you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alves wrote: »
    This.

Nice girl, professional etc, but she doesn't work on this show, imo.

agree i love konnie but this isn't her bag at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having said that though at least they are filling the time talking to the judges and guests rather than all thse ridiculous skits that were last seen in the child producer's office at big brother

I enjoy the judges questions bit. I just wish we could see something (anything) about the actual contestants :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    maybe it's Konnie's fault. she tells them false information like they are all going on tour *excitement* and then says well not all of you.

I don't mind Konnie as a presenter, but she doesn't seem to "click" with this show. I'm not sure why.

It just seems odd that after years of having the contestants on the show, they all suddenly disappear. For me, the contestants were the main feature of the show. Without them it seems pretty pointless.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    once the phone is over we switch it over.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched it to see the contestants let off steam with some humour, messing around and seeing their personalities come out. Now thats gone, I can't be bothered. The judges phone in is too awkward to watch. Konnie hasn't got a clue how to present Xtra Factor.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, how are the public meant to get to know the contestants if they aren't on the X-tra Factor discussing how they are feeling, song choices, thoughts on the judges etc.... It makes the programme a bit pointless!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a shambles now, isn't it? Far too many long pauses, too. Can't see Simon letting Konnie do it next year. It needs someone who can think on their feet a bit more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Probably because there's too many contestants under 18 this year so their hours of working won't allow them to appear on the xtra factor. So to avoid favouritism none of them would be appearing, after all Simon wouldn't want One Direction getting less footage than the others.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    The Xtra factor was ok last year and the year before, but the producer/s just had to get their hands on it and spoilt it this year. If it ain't broke, don't fix.
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but the sight of the presenter's bulging neck artery's has put me off the program, not the program itself. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about working hours, but I doubt it now. One, would it be considered work? Two. It'd be less than 8 hours of work anyway:

http://www.thesite.org/workandstudy/working/workersrights/workforunder18s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    That that stupid and embarrassing bit with Sinitta (SOS i think is called) has been the last push to stop me watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about working hours, but I doubt it now. One, would it be considered work? Two. It'd be less than 8 hours of work anyway:

http://www.thesite.org/workandstudy/working/workersrights/workforunder18s

On top of which, all the acts were on the first Xtra Factor which was on at the same time, so I think you're right :)
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    It's complete rubbish now. I used to enjoy the Friday night preview, then the Saturday show but I don't watch it anymore. It's bad enough having to suffer with Konnie Huq, but not even having contestants on the show. It's not even worth watching now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's complete rubbish now. I used to enjoy the Friday night preview, then the Saturday show but I don't watch it anymore. It's bad enough having to suffer with Konnie Huq, but not even having contestants on the show. It's not even worth watching now.

It would be interesting to see the weekly viewing figures. Surely they must be going down :confused:
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Matt Edmondson should take over next year. :)