Options

FRANKENSTEIN'S WEDDING. BBC3 Saturday night 8pm

allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
Forum Member
✭✭
There's an interview with the cast of Frankensteins' Wedding on DS - anyone going to watch? It looks cool - live from Kirkstall Abbey with lights, music and drama and an audience of 12,000 taking part!
It's close to the original book but brought up to date apparently.
I'm watching but will have to record the Killing.....

Comments

• Options
    Nick CleggNick Clegg Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Hey thanks for that had no idea.

I went to see Frankenstein the play with Cumberpatch and Miller Last night (relayed in a cinema) and really thought that was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Clegg wrote: »
    Hey thanks for that had no idea.

I went to see Frankenstein the play with Cumberpatch and Miller Last night (relayed in a cinema) and really thought that was great.
    My pleasure! For some reason it hasn't had a lot of publicity (usual in a BBC drama - particularly a minority channel!) so just thought it should be mentioned!
    I think this will be a very different take on the story from the National's version!!! Which part was Cumberbatch playing when you saw it? He's supposed to be much better than JLM.
  • Options
    Nick CleggNick Clegg Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    My pleasure! For some reason it hasn't had a lot of publicity (usual in a BBC drama - particularly a minority channel!) so just thought it should be mentioned!
    I think this will be a very different take on the story from the National's version!!! Which part was Cumberbatch playing when you saw it? He's supposed to be much better than JLM.

Cumberpatch was the Monster, really a brilliant actor I think, I came home and watched him on Sherlock dvd.

Its on again on the 24th in the cinemas

I did want to see it in the theatre but all sold out long ago. Was really odd in the cinema, was packed out, complete concentration by the audience and folk started clapping at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone who's interested in finding out more, here is the link...
    (I hope!)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a309832/rooper-people-have-had-enough-reality-tv.html
    You need to go to the bottom for the interview link. Also another one on one with Lacey Turner who plays the Bride.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes been looking forward to it since it was announced.
  • Options
    bobobaconbobobacon Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like this to be good but I am expecting the worst...is that negative?
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely going to be watching. I'm gutted that I don't live in Leeds anymore - I'd be there like a shot.
  • Options
    Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know the story all that well but I have a vague idea and I love Lacey Turner so I'll deff be taping. I'm out tonight so won't be able to watch "live" as it were. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobobacon wrote: »
    I would like this to be good but I am expecting the worst...is that negative?
    Yes but you're among friends here!:D
    I think we're all used to being disappointed in tv these days but I expect the cast and crew are more worried than you! What if it rains?:eek:
    The director Colin Teague has a pretty good track record so I'm hoping this will be really fun. Wish I'd gone to be in the audience now. The public have had to have some dance tutorials so that'll be quite interesting!
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Is Katie Price getting married again? I had no idea. She kept that quiet (for a change!) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Katie Price getting married again? I had no idea. She kept that quiet (for a change!) :D
    :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joy2286 wrote: »
    I don't know the story all that well but I have a vague idea and I love Lacey Turner so I'll deff be taping. I'm out tonight so won't be able to watch "live" as it were. Really looking forward to it.

Same here, i think Lacey is the main interest for me here and same as you i will also sky plus it since i wont be able to watch it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Frankenstein is one of my favourite novels.

Seems everyone wants to have a go at retelling it this year. Will give it a go though, hoping it'll surprise me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is really very odd, not enjoying it atm.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im confused why is this live??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it all live? Or are these dialogue bits already filmed beforehand?

Bloody weird idea.
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So nobody can sing and it's all just a bit weird... :eek:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a 10 minute delay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is so hard to follow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just don't even get why they thought this was a good idea.
    I feel a bit embarrassed and uncomfortable watching it.
  • Options
    elephantmanelephantman Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Shadrach from Emmerdale lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I'm not overly impressed so far. The story isn't drawing me in and I haven't got a feel for any of the characters. Plus it seems a bit of a cop out that so much has been pre-recorded.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm... this is a bit rubbish, isn't it?